Chapter 1

The Luckiest Girl!

Chapter One

 


It was a Sunday morning and I stood there in front of the gate of the boarding house I was going to live at for the next year or so that my aunt owns.

 I walked to the wall on the side where the doorbell button is usually found when i noticed an inscription that was carved so expertly that says,

 

LUCKY HOUSE

To the rightful one that stays

To the rightful one that stayed

Be abundant of sheer good luck

Throughout thy entire life

 

 

 

What… so this boarding house is some kind of a magical house that makes the ‘rightful ones' who stayed and is staying be lucky forever?

“Ridiculous,” I muttered as I pressed the red doorbell button located above the inscription and waited for someone to answer.

When no one answered, I pressed it again. But still, no one answered. I pressed it again and again until i gave up expecting someone to answer.

"Aish, is the doorbell broken?" i complained as if someone would answer me. But to my surprise someone did so.

"Yep, sorry 'bout that Minyoung-ah,” A familiar voice answered from behind me. I took my sunglasses off revealing my bloodshot sore eyes because of all the crying I did for the past few days.

I turned to look at the person standing behind me and saw that It was my aunt.

She was waving at me enthusiastically. I took a deep breath and walked towards her hauling my luggage behind me.

“Annyeong haseyo Aunt” I greeted her.

“It’s so nice to see you,” She gasped and then gave me a tight hug.

The last time I saw her was at the funeral a couple of weeks ago. I quickly shook the memory out of my head.

“How are you?” She asked when she let go of me.
“I’m okay. Thank you for letting me stay here.” I mumbled.

“No problem, it’s the least I could do after... everything.” She said putting emphasis on the word ‘everything’ while swinging my arm along with hers. The last thing I wanted to talk about to anyone was the stuff that happened to me. So I changed the subject.

“So, who lives here?” I asked. My aunt giggled.

"12 boys~♥" she said, grinning.

“So 12 boys live here, huh?” I said and looked at the boarding house in awe.

It was beautiful and has a homey-feel to it. It's the kind of house that people would like to live in.

“Ne, you don’t have to live with them if you don’t want to. You can come live with me but its 30 minutes away from the school. The school is 5 minutes away from here.” She explained.

“I’d stay here I think. I’m certain that being around a lot of people would do me good.” I said. I felt pairs of eyes watching me from somewhere. I looked up and I saw the boys with their faces squished against the window.

“Araso, I will visit frequently so you will see a lot of me. Come on, I’ll introduce you to the boys.” She smiled warmly pulling me inside the boarding house.

As I stepped into the boarding house, I heard soft whispers and frantic footsteps coming from upstairs.

“Boys! Will you come down here?” Aunt shouted by the stairs.

I heard more footsteps.

“Are they my age?” I asked my aunt.

“They are all around your age. They go to Seoul Music School as well. They will look after you. They’re a great bunch.” Aunt smiled. Well if she trusted them, I would too. Aunt is my eomma’s older sister.

She is also my godmother.

“Ya, stop pushing!” I heard a voice said from upstairs.

“Boys!” Aunt shouted again.

“Coming!” Was the reply.

Aunt pulled my massive luggage away from the front door and placed it by the hallway as the boys appeared in front of me one by one. I studied their faces and none of them looked like a or a murderer so I relaxed and tried to give them a smile but only managed a half smile. I guess It was the best I could do for now. They were all good-looking.

“Annyeong haseyo, Lee Minyoung imnida.” I bowed at them.

“Annyeong haseyo!” They chorused. Aunt laughed and whispered some information to me,

“These boys likes to play alien and they're also popular in school.”

Great. Now, i have good-looking house mates that are alien-wannabes. Lucky me.

 

“Boys this is Minyoung, my only niece and only godchild.” Aunt declared proudly. 8 of the boys grinned showing off their pearly white teeth.

Soon enough they started introducing themselves.

"Suho imnida," The one who looked like the second Choi Siwon from Super Junior said. He looked like a good big brother to all of them.

"Chanyeol imnida~," The cute brown-haired cheerful one said in a thick voice. He grabbed my hand and then kissed it. I felt my cheeks blush a little because of his gesture. He was super cute and y at the same time. And i couldn't help but smile.

The other guys rolled their eyes and i heard some of them muttered, "Pshh... Such a flirt." But it ended quickly and the introducing continued.

"D.O. imnida," The one who looked cute but seemed like a quiet person said.

"Baekhyun imninda," The handsome one who looked bored said. Though he seemed unwelcoming to me, i can't help but be attracted at his handsome face.

"Kai imnida," The dark-skinned warm-hearted one said. He looks so attractive in an odd way.

"Sehun imnida," The one with an adorable lisp that he's not really good with the letter S said. He looked like a shy person.

"XiuMin imnida," The one with the cute chubby cheeks while grinning cutely said. He kind of reminds me of a dumpling(Bao Zi).

"Luhan imnida," The cute little prince one who looked like an easy-going person said. 

"Kris imnida," The cool-looking one said. He looked sociable and i think we're gonna be able to befriend each other. 

"Lay imnida," The naughty-looking one said. I just hope he wouldn't be naughty to me though.

"Chen imnida," The one who gives off an impression of gentleness said. 

"Tao imnida," The one who looked like a strong y guy said. 

“Who’s going to take her luggage up to her room?” Aunt asked

“I would!” Cute Chanyeol shot his hand up in the air quickly. The bored handsome guy ignored everyone and everything and just stomped off upstairs.
 
I wonder what his problem was.
 
“Do you want me to carry your backpack for you?” Luhan whispered.
 
I jumped and only realized that I’ve been staring after Baekhyun.
 
“Oh aniyo, I’ll be okay.” I replied blushing like a fool. He flashed me a smile before disappearing down the hallway with Tao.
“Ignore Baekhyun hyung; it’s his time of the month.” Xiumin joked as he nudged me lightly on the arm. 

“Oh," was my reply.

“Let’s take her to her bedroom. She needs to rest.” Kai declared.

The others quickly nodded. He spoke like he was the leader but I kind of got the feeling that it was Suho or Kris who are the leader of this group.

Chanyeol ran upstairs with my luggage followed by the others while Kai climbed up the stairs beside me.

“Sorry about them,” He spoke.

“Gwaenchana… I already love all your company.” I mumbled.

“We’ll always keep you company.” He smiled at me. If I wasn’t holding on to the banister, my legs would have failed me and I would have fallen backwards because of that gorgeous smile. I mentally fanned myself.

I heard the others in front chattering cheerfully as we walked along a long hallway. I went past 12 different coloured doors that each had the names of the boys on them. We reached the end of the hallway and there was a pink door with my name written on Hangul on it. It looked really pretty.

“We all got your bedroom ready.” Xiumin grinned cutely and widely.

“Apart from Baekhyun,” Chanyeol scoffed.

“He never helps with anything anyway!” Sehun complained.

“I do help!” Came a shout from one of the bedrooms.

“Geojitmal hyung!” Sehun shouted back.

Suho then faked a cough. Everyone looked at him and then at me.

“Mianhe, mianhe.” Xiumin laughed lightly before opening the bedroom door. They all let me walk in first and I saw that it was a fairly big bedroom with a queen sized bed, a TV, DVD player, closet and a set of drawers. The bed had pink covers, the pillow cases were pink too and even my blanket was pink.

“Wow~” I breathed. I can’t believe they did this all for me.

“Do you like it? Please tell me you like it?” Xiumin asked nervously.

“Only because you picked the covers and stuff…” Kris mentioned.

“You like pink right?” Xiumin asked again.

“As a matter of fact, yes I like it. Thank you.” I replied.

I was smiling and this time it wasn’t forced at all. Xiumin raised his arms up in the air and then jumped up and down.

“Now you can be a decorator,”  Kai chipped in.

“Ga ja, let’s leave her get settled in.” Xiumin said pushing the others out of the room except Suho, Kai, and Chanyeol.

“See you later!” They waved at me happily. I waved back.

“What time is your other stuff getting here?” Suho asked.

“In an hour.” I replied.

“Okay, we’ll call for you when it arrives.” He said then walked out.

“Here’s your luggage.” Chanyeol smiled at me sweetly. He’s so damn cute.

“Gomawo oppa,” I replied sheepishly.

“You called me oppa, I like you.” He winked at me before walking out.

And yet again, there was only one left.

“If there’s anything you need, my bedroom is right next to yours.” Kai said softly while holding on to the doorknob. I didn’t want him to leave me.

The last thing I wanted right now is to be alone.

But then again, I don’t know him that well yet.

“Thank you.” I replied simply instead.

He gave me another smile before leaving, closing the door behind him. 

As soon as i was alone, i immediately plunge myself to the bed and then stare at the ceiling, thinking of a question that has been on my mind since the incident.

Will i ever be lucky again?

 

 

 

 


 

Authornim's MESSAGE:

Annyeongnyeongnyeongnyeong~!!♥ Finally, i finished the Chapter 1!! I hope you guys would read this Exo fic 'till the end even though i update really slow. hehe. I'll try fighting my lazy disease and update. Just imagine yourself with 12 annoyingly gorgeous boys living under the same roof! OMG! i don't know what i'll do! I'd probably have a nose bleed, scare them off with my scary fangirling and faint. hahahha! keep reading and supporting~! And please don't forget to drop some L ♥ V E by subscribing or commenting! SARANGHAEYO YEOROBUN!!♥