Chapter 2

Looking For Miss Right

Narrator's POV

"Come on, please? If Donghae wants to, I'll pay him so I could borrow you for the whole day." Eunhyuk kept knocking on the door. Min Yu shook her head, trying her best to ignore him. "It'll be fun! We'll get to see Chunji find your replacement," he added as-a-matter-of-factly. "Why do you talk about me like I'm some kind of object?" she finally complained.

Donghae, woken up by the noise, stood up and pressed his ear against the door. "How much?" he asked, to which Min Yu groaned and buried herself under the blankets. She woke up that Saturday morning because of someone boring a hole through their bedroom door with knocks. The fact that that someone turned out to be Eunhyuk angered her.

And the fact that he came there just to bug her about accompanying him angered her more. "What is he talking about, anyway?" There was a huge dent on the bed as Donghae climbed back up the mattress. "I don't know. You just betrayed me and sold me for a day to your so called best friend," Min Yu replied accusingly.

He laughed. "He said he was going to wait for you downstairs. What is it that he wants you to do?" Donghae yanked the blanket down and forced her to look at him. "It's something about Chunji going on a nationwide search for his next girlfriend or whatever." She had her eyes closed with her voice slowly decreasing in volume. "Ah, now I know," Donghae muttered to himself knowingly.

Min Yu's eyes fluttered open. "What?"

"You're jealous." He smiled to himself like it was a funny joke. "Imagine it. They would be in a large room and there would be a table in the middle. Behind that desk, the Teen Top members and Eunhyuk would sit. Girls would flock and there would be a huge crowd, as if there was a rally. And there would be lots of pretty girls falling in line."

She sat up, rubbing her eyes groggily. "So your point is?"

"The point is maybe I should be the one to go instead of you," Donghae responded enthusiastically. The woman turned to glare at him. "Yeah, maybe you should," she mocked and hurled a pillow towards his face. "When you come back home, Bada and I won't be here anymore because you have your girls instead."

Grabbing her phone from the bedside table, Min Yu left the bedroom and walked down the stairs. She heard Eunhyuk's voice by the kitchen and followed the source of the noise. "Accompany me, please?" the man begged with his mouth full. "If I get myself a good girlfriend, then you won't have me bugging you anymore," he pleaded.

"What did Chunji tell you, anyway?" She advanced to where Eunhyuk was seated and kissed his cheek before settling in on the seat beside him. "I told you already! He said it's like some kind of a nationwide search and lots of girls would be there," he replied, stuffing his mouth with more food. "I think Jongin would be there too. All your past loves would be there while they look for your replacement."

She smacked his head. "What past love are you talking about? Jongin, for you information, was NOT my past love," Min Yu defended. "But I heard he used to like you or something." Eunhyuk shrugged and continued eating. "I'm not going." In the end, Min Yu was still defiant. "But for your own sake, please look past the makeup and the short dresses."

With a fork in his mouth, "You know me so well," Eunhyuk snickered. But he shrugged. "You don't have to worry about the intelligence though. I think Chunji made some kind of mandatory examination for the cut-off," he said. "Every question had Min Yu standards in it, let me just inform you." Min Yu, halfway in drinking her coffee, choked and coughed.

"What?" He turned to her questioningly. "You don't want us to date someone with a head full of air."

The girl fixed her bangs. As soon as she did, Kai had already looked away, signaling that he was already uninterested. Donghae laughed at Kai's reaction. Niel acted professionally as he shuffled the papers in his hands. Eunhyuk cleared his throat before speaking. "How do you put an elephant inside a refrigerator?"

The girl, not feeling the least bit uncomfortable being the only female in a room full of men, scratched her head. "Maybe her head is aching," Kai muttered to Donghae. "You know that when you haven't eaten anything and your stomach hurts? That's the same thing. Her head aches because nothing is inside," the older explained, and they both laughed.

Chunji, slowly getting frustrated, shook his head. "Next please."

CAP opened the door to the exit, acting as a security guard. "How many more girls do you have to interview?" Ricky asked impatiently. Niel counted the papers. "About twenty one more." His statement earned tired groans from everyone. "Why don't we ask them an easy question instead, like what is x + 1?" Donghae suggested.

"If someone answers 2 or 1x, I am going to kill myself using this pen," Kai announced. "So the answer is not 2?!" Ricky exclaimed. "It's x + 1 too, babo. You can't add a variable and a number," Changjo explained to his hyung. "Who thought of the question anyway? 'How do you put an elephant inside a refrigerator?' What kind of a silly question is that?!" Niel exclaimed.

"Ya, when Min Yu asked that after she and her mother just moved in the dorm, it got all of us thinking!" Eunhyuk informed. "Kyuhyun got the correct answer for the first question. There's a follow-up question, actually." He sighed, shook his head in disbelief, and picked on his nails. "The next question would be, 'How do you put a giraffe inside a refrigerator?'"

Donghae laughed when everyone whined. "It's called logic, everybody," he declared. They were about to ask for the real answer to the question when CAP opened the door. "Annyeonghaseyo," the newcomer greeted and bowed. The men kept serious faces because the smile they had across their lips before had worn off.

The girl wore a loose fitting shirt and skinny jeans matched with plain rubber shoes. Donghae looked closer. "She looks like Min Yu," Eunhyuk whispered and nudged his best friend's shoulder. She had brown almond eyes that sparkle even without smiling and her nose sloped just perfectly in between her soft-looking cheeks. "I'm Baek Hyerim." She bowed slightly.

Donghae arched an eyebrow. The girl looked like Min Yu. In fact, she looked too much like Min Yu. "Wait, I don't see her paper anywhere," Niel murmured. Kai covered the Teen Top member's mouth and urged Eunhyuk to ask the question. "How do you put an elephant inside a refrigerator?" he inquired. The girl named Hyerim laughed faintly.

"Easy. You open the refrigerator, take the elephant, and put it inside," she answered hurriedly and rubbed the back of her neck. Eunhyuk, Chunji, and Kai smiled victoriously while nodding to themselves. Donghae laughed, but they didn't mind. He knew something they didn't. "Okay, so then how do you put a giraffe inside a refrigerator?"

The girl snorted. "You open the refrigerator and take the elephant out. Then you take the giraffe and put it in." She shrugged, as if the answer had been quite obvious all along. In happiness, Kai did a joyful standing ovation. Eunhyuk glanced at Chunji questioningly, but the Teen Top member was too engrossed in staring at the first girl who passed their standard. Donghae just couldn't stop laughing.

"Um, it seems like we misplaced your paper," Eunhyuk stated sternly. But he fished for his phone inside his pocket and unlocked the screen. "But can you please give us your number?" He grinned widely. The girl seemed to hesitate. "There's a problem," she stated. "Well, what is it?" Chunji immediately pressed, ready for whatever problem she was about to say.

She scratched her head and bit her forefinger. "I'm already married to that guy," she announced, pointing to Donghae, who fell from his chair because of his nonstop laughter. "Ugh Min Yu, I hate you forever," Eunhyuk groaned and smacked his forehead. "Oh, you didn't know it was Min Yu?" L.Joe's eyes widened. "I thought you were just playing along."

"Okay, I'll go now. I just wanted to find out what you guys were up to when you said 'nationwide search'," she bid, drawing quotation marks in the empty air. "Did you like that name? I spent an hour just thinking of a name," Min Yu stated before laughing. "Go to our house for dinner, will you?" she invited, turning to all of them.

Niel fixed the papers in his hand. "You'll cook?" he asked. Min Yu shook her head. "No, I won't be there." And she slapped CAP's hand for a high five before finally walking out the exit. "Ugh, I was fooled into thinking that we've found someone sensible enough." Eunhyuk rested his head on the desk. "That's okay," Donghae comforted, running his hand up and down Hyukjae's back in consolation.

"That's okay to you because you're her husband, hyung," Chunji retorted jokingly. "And you get to hug her anytime you want," Kai added with a sigh escaping from his puckered lips. "I only hugged her once and it was when she was in the hospital." Seeing Jongin's expression, Donghae smiled. "Then go ahead and hug her," he said and motioned to the door. "It's not like she has this sign that says she cannot hug anyone but me."

Grinning widely, Kai ran off, jogging past the exit and the shorter line of girls waiting to be interviewed. He ran past the various food stands and towards the exit. He even checked to see if Min Yu was already outside, waiting for a cab back to their house, but she was nowhere to be found. Scratching his head and remembering her invitation for dinner, he thought he should just hug her later on.

Walking back to the room, he passed by the food stands again and suddenly felt hungry. Kai decided to buy food from a stall selling ice cream sandwiches and where a girl was busily eating. "One bungeoppang please," he ordered and handed money. Kai felt a sharp pain on his foot. When he looked down, the girl beside him stepped on his foot.

"I'm not sorry," she muttered, stuffed. "It's you!" Jongin exclaimed and put his arms around her, which caught Min Yu off guard. She expected him to get annoyed by her actions, but instead he embraced her. She stumbled with the added weight and grinned. Despite having no idea what the man was up to, she pats his head anyway.

After a minute has passed, Kai still hasn't budged. Taking a big bite from her bungeoppang, "Jongin, you can un-hug me now," Min Yu informed. The man didn't move an inch. "Here's your food, sir," the staff from behind the food stall said, handing Kai his ice cream sandwich. Min Yu took it instead. "If you don't let go off me, I would eat this."

The man, still not letting go, shoved a hand inside his pocket and took his wallet out, tossing it to the food stall staff. "Can you give me a hundred more bungeoppang?" he asked. "Babo," Min Yu commented before thumping his head slightly. "Now let go off me. I'm going home." Finally, Kai released her from his grip, only to spin her around to face him before hugging her again.

"Stop it. People are staring," she complained, struggling to escape. "And I'm married already! You were just sitting beside my husband a while ago." She loosened the arms that were around her and walked a few steps away from Kai. "Tell them I was really serious when I said that you could eat dinner at our house. So get back in there and find yourself a girlfriend."

Jongin shoved his hands in his pockets as he laughed. "I will."

Min Yu spun on the soles of her feet and walked away. "Make sure she answers correctly!" she reminded last before finally disappearing. Satisfied, Jongin took his wallet back and his ignored bungeoppang, heading back to the room. "What, are you happy now?" Donghae asked as soon as he entered. Kai nodded and resumed his previous position by his hyung's side.

"Anyone interesting while I was gone?" He turned to the others, who answered him with indifferent shrugs. "Can we just go?" Chunji asked, pushing his chair backwards as he stood up. Impatience and frustration were clear in his tone, leaving the others to agree at his statement. They left the room altogether with no next destination in mind.

The Teen Top members quickly headed to the elevator. "Hyung, what happened?" Kai turned to Eunhyuk as they walked behind. "This girl came in and when I asked her the question, she said 'Pass!'" the latter replied furiously. "What does she think of this, some kind of game show?!" Eunhyuk wanted to punch the wall to release his anger but Donghae already told him to stop.

They followed the others who entered the elevator. As the aluminum doors closed, "I once rode the elevator with Eunhyuk and told him that I will ask the first girl to enter the elevator out for a date," Donghae narrated all of a sudden. "What happened?" CAP pressed him to continue. The older shrugged. "We reached the ground floor but no girl entered."

"I'll do the same then," Chunji declared out of nowhere. And he pressed all the buttons in the elevator. Everyone looked at him weirdly. "What? For more chances of winning!" he exclaimed with a mischievous grin. "If she has a friend, introduce me or something." Eunhyuk laid a hand on Chunji' shoulder. The younger just nodded. "We're on the 28th floor for heavens' sake!" Ricky complained. Everyone ignored him.

The doors opened. There was no one waiting to ride the elevator. Sadly, Chunji pressed the button for the doors to close. "I just realized this," Kai said as he munched on his bungeoppang. "I think I'm the only guy who falls in love with a girl's personality at first sight." And he took another bite at his ice cream sandwich.

"All you guys care about is looks." And he scanned the elevator to stare at each and every person in the same shaft as him. The rest just shrugged, but Eunhyuk disagreed. "I care about personality more than the looks!" he defended. "Well, have you dated a girl before who's not so pretty?" Jongin challenged. Instead of answering, Eunhyuk just kept his mouth shut. They all laughed.

The elevator stopped at the 26th floor and again, there was no one there. "I think I'll die alone," Chunji sighed and pressed for the doors to close. A man in a black hoodie suddenly came running out of the blue and entered the elevator before it completely closed. "We still have a long way to go," Donghae comforted, patting Chunji's shoulder.

Something began ringing, causing everyone to fumble for their own hand phones and to press it against their ears. "WHAT?!" the man in a black hoodie exclaimed in shock. While his right hand held the phone against his ear, the guy removed his hood with his free hand. 'He' turned out to be a 'she'. "I just barely escaped those blokes and now you want me to run off to Nakdong?!" she yelled against her phone's receiver.

L.Joe bit his lip knowingly and looked over to where Chunji was. "Na eotteokhae~" (What should I do?) he sang, although the panic was evident in his voice. He disguised his asking for help with singing. Jongin stifled a laugh. "Neo ije naran aerang sag willae~" (Do you want to go out with me?) Niel replied in a song. Donghae laughed at how silly it sounded like.

"I've changed, Seunghyun. I'm not the little girl you used to run laps with," the girl said to the person on the other line, making the entire elevator quiet. The elevator opened to the 25th floor, and the girl looked irritated. "Who the hell pressed all the buttons..." she grumbled angrily and pressed all the buttons again to make the trip faster.

ping her hoodie completely, the girl managed to strip herself off of the jacket even in the small space inside the elevator. She even succeeded in freeing her hair from the scrunchie that kept her hair together. "I'll answer your question if you stop calling me a girl!" she shouted. Chunji's face lit up even more. The Teen Top members, including Donghae, have heard those words before.

"I took a luger to the shoulder once. It's a 9 millimeter bullet, but it's easy to know where it came from. Mine came from a Taurus PT92...you know, the one made in 1983 for Brazilian police. Oh come on, how could you NOT know that? That's basic ballistics," she stated. "Wait, have you seen the marine uzi? It's to die for."

"It was manufactured in Israel...You want to buy Mac 10?!" The girl let out a tight laugh. "Seunghyun, honestly speaking, are you gay?" she asked curiously. "What would you need a machine pistol for? I understand that it's lightweight and high on damage but a good old Glock or a Beretta is still acceptable. I always kept my pistol inside my shoe when I was in colle— “ The girl stopped talking and looked around.

The men who were obviously eavesdropping now had their heads bowed low. "I'm a police, don't worry," she declared, afraid they would accuse her of something. "Seunghyun-ah." She turned back to her phone. "My Harley's just waiting...No...I mean, yes. Harley is a boy's name but what I meant was Harley-Davidson...Yes, Seunghyun...Shut up." And she hung up.

With newfound confidence, "You drive a Harley-Davidson?" Chunji asked. He shoved his hands in his pockets because he thought for sure that his hands would sweat a river. The girl nodded without looking at him. Donghae, impatient at the elevator's pace, let out a tired sigh. "Wirklich..." (Really...) he muttered inaudibly.

"Oh, you speak German too?" the girl exclaimed with a smile on her face.

Donghae was shocked. "Very little. It's just that my wife teaches our son some German, so..."

"Your son is barely a year old," Changjo commented doubtfully. The older just shrugged.

"So you speak different languages?" Chunji asked, full of interest.

She, on the other hand, scratched her head, feeling hesitant. "Not really. How about you?" she responded.

Chunji grinned and shrugged. "Foreign language just sounds like random noise to my ears," he replied, to which the girl laughed. "For stage purposes, I'm Chunji," he finally introduced himself and held his hand out.

"Ah, heaven and earth~" The girl shook his hand and smiled. "For safety purposes, I'm Cheon Hei." She pulled her hand back.

"Ch-Cheon Hei...?" Chunji pondered as to what the name could mean.

Cheon Hei smirked. "Angel of darkness."

"That's a stupid introduction," Ricky muttered softly to Changjo.

"Can you tell your friend that your introduction was funny and silly but not stupid?" Cheon Hei asked Chunji with a knowing smile across her face.

In embarrassment, "Sorry," Ricky muttered. Before they knew it, the elevators opened as they had reached the ground floor.

The girl named Cheon Hei stepped out to leave without another word. Not letting this chance pass by, "Wait!" Chunji called out as he ran after her. Instead of responding, the girl just turned around to face him. "Can you...can you teach me how to ride a motorbike?" he asked with a knowing grin. Cheon Hei smiled back and began walking away now with Chunji following her from behind.

"Too bad she didn't have a friend with her," Eunhyuk thought out loud while pressing for the doors to close. "Ah, he grew up so fast," Niel commented and pretended to dry imaginary tears.

"Boy meets girl..." L.Joe started, leaning against the elevator wall.

[A/N: Cheon Hei is a girl from a different story ☺ 끝!!]