Chapter 1

Looking For Miss Right

Narrator's POV

Min Yu followed the instructions on the back of the box and mixed the powdered substance with hot water. "Ugh, it looks like vomit," Donghae complained beside her, intently watching as she mixed the baby food with a spoon. "I bet you ate something like this too back when you were still a baby." She laughed and nudged him away.

"Be thankful he doesn't understand what you're saying," she added quickly. "Or else Bada wouldn't eat anything." This time, it was Donghae's turn to laugh. He took the bowl from her hands and stared at it closely. "What do you—" "Yes, Donghae, you can taste it," Min Yu cut him off and watched as the man took a different spoon, using it to scoop a generous amount of baby food.

She cringed at the sight of it. "I don't know what's gotten into your mind to want to taste that gooey thing," she commented. By the end of her sentence, Donghae had already put the edge of the spoon in between his lips. "Hmm." He thought of the proper word to describe the taste. Min Yu bit her forefinger in anticipation. "It tastes like oatmeal," he finally stated.

Donghae returned the rest of the portion back to the bowl and hurled the spoon towards the sink. "Like spoiled oatmeal?" Min Yu tried, taking the baby food away from his hands and heading to the dining table, where a different boy was waiting eagerly for her. "LIKE VOMITED OATMEAL!" Donghae shouted while trying to rinse his mouth to get rid of the taste.

The woman pulled a chair and sat in front of Bada's feeding chair. "Is our Bada hungry?" she cooed, wiping the saliva that trickled from his lips down to his chin. The 9-month-old child clapped his hands as soon as he saw the bowl. "Omma~" he whined, pointing to the food. "Bada, let's drink milk instead, yes?" Donghae appeared beside Min Yu. "Your food tastes terrible."

"Hae..." Min Yu whined as he tried taking the food away from her. "Just look at how much he wants it." She gestured to the eager look on their son's face. "Bada wants the airplane, right?" She swung the spoon around, imitating the course of an airplane and laughed as the boy's eyes followed the direction of the spoon in anticipation.

Ending the child's sufferings, she put the spoon in his mouth. She chuckled, seeing how he lapped the food up hungrily. "Playing with appa made you tired and hungry?" she asked and fed Bada some more. "Let me try feeding him once," Donghae pleaded from beside her. "Let me just try, baby. You almost don't let me take care of him," he added with a frown.

Min Yu waited for the child to swallow everything before handing him a water bottle. "The last time I trusted you to feed him some milk, he nearly drowned from it. I'm afraid that if I let you feed him this baby food, you'd just stuff his face without waiting for him to breathe," she said, turning to face him. "Fine. Be that way. If we have another baby, I will be the one to take care of him...or her." He crossed his arms and sulked in his seat.

She ignored him and focused on satiating the child's appetite. In the middle of Bada's dinner, Min Yu's phone began ringing loudly. Seeing how it was a chance for him to feed the boy, Donghae bit his lip and tried snatching the spoon from her. "Ugh, fine." She gave up and left her seat. Answering her phone, "Oh Byunghun!" she exclaimed happily. "How are you? I haven't heard from you—"

"Min Yu," L.Joe cut her off sternly. All the joy was wiped off of the woman's expression. "Chunji is..." And he trailed off with a tired sigh. It was like he originally wanted to scream and groan in anger and agitation but opted to sigh instead. "What's with him?" Min Yu pressed, feeling nervous all of a sudden. She racked her brain for clues as to what the situation might be.

Chewing her fingernails, the woman turned to two of her most favorite people, only to find them staring back at her. To avoid making them worry, she shook her head and tried smiling it off. "A bartender used his phone to call me and tell me that Chunji's wasted and drunk and nearly started a fight. When I got there, he was..." L.Joe cut himself off. And Min Yu could picture him scratching the back of his head. "He was looking for you."

She tried laughing it off. "Why would he look for me?" Min Yu walked further away, afraid Donghae would misunderstand, although she would undoubtedly tell him everything later on. "I mean, it's been almost three years since we separated and, I don't know, I thought he—" Min Yu paused. "I thought he got over it."

"I'm not asking you to come here," L.Joe defended, sounding almost angry. "But he's looking for you even though he's back here in the dorm. I just called you because I thought you knew why he's acting like that. I mean, even Minsoo hyung can't figure him out," he explained briefly. "Ugh. Forget it. I'm sorry I even called. It's just—"

"I'll be there in a few," she interrupted him, finally making up her mind. Before the Teen Top member could object, she had already hung up on his call. Walking back to the dining table, she froze in her steps as Donghae smiled, wiped Bada's mouth, and kissed his forehead. Feeling suddenly nervous, "Donghae?" Min Yu called out, her hands trembling.

The man brought the used bowl and spoon to the kitchen sink. "Hmm?" Donghae turned the faucet on and began washing the dishes.

"I'm going out," she stated coolly, waiting for his response.

He turned the tap off and turned to face her with his hips twisted at an awkward angle. "Where to?"

"I'm going to Teen Top's dorm."

Donghae froze and although he tried to act as if it wasn't a big deal, his eyes told everything. "Okay." He continued washing the dishes, the soapy liquid leaving bubbles all over the sink.

Min Yu picked Bada up and gave him back his water bottle. He smelled like cologne and baby powder combined. She kissed his cheek before handing him over to the ahjumma resting by the living room. "Aren't you even going to ask why?" she replied and watched as his shoulders rose and fell as he shrugged.

She advanced to where he was standing and put her arms around his waist. Burying her face on his back, "Byunghun called me, saying Chunji got drunk and almost started a fight in a bar and..." "I didn't forbid you to go. You don't have to explain," Donghae took advantage of her pause in between words to interrupt her.

At the tone of his voice, Min Yu tensed. "You're mad."

"I am not."

"Fine, fine. I won't go. Don't be mad at me." Her grip around him tightened.

"Min Yu," Donghae rinsed his hands and turned the water off. "I am not angry," he explained with a laugh as he turned around to face her. "Aniyo. You're mad, you're mad. I know it. I'm sorry. I won't go anymore," the woman repeated stubbornly. The man scratched his head. "Okay, I admit I was surprised. It was all so sudden. But it seems like it's an emergency, so it's fine with me," Donghae admitted.

With her grip on him loosening, "You're not mad?" Min Yu looked up at him. "Even just a little bit?"

He shook his head no, which earned him a relieved sigh from Min Yu. "Good." She stood on her tiptoes and poked his nose. "Don't be mad because I'm crazy about you." And she kissed him softly.

 

 

"And then..." Chunji burst out into another loud fit of laughter. The rest of Teen Top, however, looked the least bit amused. "Hyung, you have to listen to this!" Chunji nudged CAP's shoulder, catching his attention. The older kept his expression stern. "What is it?" he asked, fighting the urge to roll his eyes at his dongsaeng.

It was the first time Chunji got drunk so badly, and as L.Joe hung up his call to Min Yu, they were all just waiting for salvation to come down on their dormitory. "And then this girl came up to me. She was dancing right next to me while I ordered for another drink and instead of feeling attracted, I felt disgusted." Chunji laughed some more.

"So...so I glared at her," he continued, reaching out to down what was left of his whiskey. "Hyung, stop it." Changjo took the drink away after foreseeing what he was about to do. "Jonghyun-ah, give it back to hyung." Chunji gestured for the bottle which the maknae was holding. "Come on, or else I'll be seriously mad at you."

The maknae turned to his hyungs indecisively. L.Joe shook his head no. "If you don't want to, then fine!" Chunji took the shot glass and hurled it to some unknown corner. After the sound of breaking glass echoed throughout the living room, silence ensued. "Hyung, I thought she told you she would come," Ricky whispered to L.Joe.

"Mwo?!" Chunji sat upright looking terrified. "Ani, ani. Don't let that girl come near me again or the next thing that will break is her empty head." He turned to L.Joe. "Did you know that she asked the bartender for change when she had used her freaking credit card for payment? I mean, how dare she come near me like that when her head's full of air?!" Chunji informed hysterically.

He stood up, his eyes now burning an unusual glaze. "Changhyun-ah, why would you want a girl like that in our dorm, huh? You think just because Min Yu and I broke up, I should lower my standards below sea level? Huh? IS THAT WHAT YOU MEANT?" Chunji advanced to Ricky tauntingly. CAP immediately blocked his way to avoid Ricky from getting hurt.

"No, Minsoo hyung." Chunji tried getting past the leader while also trying to free himself from Niel's tight grasp around him. "That kid's being too disrespectful already and I just let him. Now he involved Min Yu and it's just too much."

"Hyung, you're just drunk," Ricky said.

"I'M NOT!" Chunji shouted in response. "And get your hands off of me, Ahn Daniel! Ricky is telling me something. Maybe that kid is saying I was being stupid when I let Min Yu go. IS THAT IT? Well then, guess what? I WAS STUPID! Babo Lee Chanhee." The man smacked his own forehead like a madman. "I loved her. I loved her so much."

Then he collapsed on the floor flat on his back. The members rushed to his sides. Chunji stared at the ceiling and laughed drunkenly. "Remember that girl we had met at a fan signing?" He looked at Niel who, in turn, creased his forehead in confusion. "The one you told me I should date!" Chunji reminded with a light chuckle. Niel nodded in response.

"I'm going to make him some coffee." Changjo stood up and headed to the kitchen while Ricky left too, volunteering to fix Chunji's room for him. "She left her number on a post-it note and you told me I should go for it. You told me I should call her," Chunji stated, staring straight into the ceiling, as if the person he was talking to was hanging from overhead.

Chunji sniffled but his smile never left his face. What was he really feeling? "At that time, I agreed, thinking it wasn't such a bad idea. Texting and talking to that girl, I felt tired. I've met other girls like her before. All they wanted was the money. The gifts, the expensive dinners, the movies...those were all just so...ugh, what's the right word..."

"Materialistic?" someone suggested. He nodded and closed his eyes. "You grew older by a few years and you still don't know how to knock," Chunji scolded accusingly. Min Yu shrugged as she walked towards his sprawled figure and knelt beside his face. "Well, good manners weren't part of the curriculum back in high school so..."

Chunji laughed and stood up. As soon as he was standing, he staggered and almost fell flat on his face because of dizziness. "Let's just bring him to his room," Min Yu requested and the others helped their drunk hyung up the stairs. Pushing past the men and getting in before them, Min Yu helped Ricky tidy the place a little and make it more comfortable.

Finally reaching the room, the Teen Top members laid Chunji down on his bed gently. "I'll take it from here," Min Yu mumbled to the others, who nodded and exhaled as a big burden was lifted off from their shoulders. They muttered their thanks just in time as Changjo handed Min Yu the coffee. The youngest of the group then left, closing the door shut behind him.

Min Yu climbed up the bed with the coffee in her hands. "Ya, you just stepped on my foot!" Chunji complained and lifted himself up to sit on the mattress. The woman took a sip from the mug. "Hey, I think Jonghyun made that for me," Chunji whined once more, stretching his arms out, asking for the hot drink. She laughed and sipped once more before handing it to him.

As he drank graciously, she wanted to touch him. She wanted to caress his face and kiss him softly. She wanted to run her fingers through his hair and lie down beside him on the same bed. She wanted to hold his hand and stare at him without saying anything. And in the end, Min Yu just gripped the hems of her shirt with her clenched fists. "How have you been?" she asked instead.

The man shrugged and set the mug down on the bedside table. He stared back at her. "I've been okay." It's as if the drunken haze that hovered over him was gone with just her arrival. "You complained about girls being materialistic and then you get drunk because of it. I don't think that's 'okay'," Min Yu countered.

He sighed. "I don't know. I just hated it. Girls stuck with me because of the money, the popularity, or whatever. One time, I even thought of shoving all I have down their throats so they would go on their own lives, you know? I hated it because with you, I was contented with watching illegally downloaded movies and street food and riding the subway and..." Chunji trailed off.

Min Yu nodded in agreement, remembering how life had been back when they could still escape the paparazzi by running away and score backstage passes to concerts after pestering Leeteuk. She smiled, but she had already decided. "It's funny," Chunji said, distracting her from her own thoughts. "I was the one who broke up with you. But you moved on, obviously, and now I'm the only one left behind."

As he spoke, the woman stood up and Chunji wondered if he had said the wrong things again for her to leave as quickly as that. But Min Yu just reached for the switch and turned the lights off. Fumbling in the dark, she returned to the bed. "I don't like seeing you cry," she explained shakily as she, too, felt like crying on the spot.

For a while there, they were silent. The atmosphere was heavy with sniffles and muffled sobbing. After a few minutes, Chunji regained composure and spoke first. "Can I ask you something?" he pressed. Min Yu laughed. "You already asked me just with that statement." And he laughed along too. "But really though."

"Aish, Lee Chanhee, just get it over with," she exhaled.

"I mean, I know I've asked you this question before, but I just want to make sure." Chunji rubbed the back of his neck as he pondered on whether these were the right words. "Are you happy?" His eyes searched for her in the darkness. "Tell me, so I know I made the right choice in letting you go."

Somehow, she knew he was going to ask this sooner or later. "I didn't get a chance to choose whether I get hurt or not. In fact, nobody does. And nobody ever will. Even I had hurt myself." She fumbled for the scars on her wrist. "I have Donghae. I have Bada. I'm happy," she continued. "And I like my choices, Chanhee. I hope you like yours, too."

"How could you hope that I like my choices when I don't even know what they are?" Chunji retorted.

Min Yu reached out and felt for his face. She caressed his cheek gently. "You know your choices, Chunji," she said with a smile. "You made them before I made mine. You chose to let me go, yet you didn't. If you did, then you wouldn't have been drunk tonight and I wouldn't have been here. So go for your choice." She bit her lip and moved away. "Let me go."

After her statement, the woman stood up and, without bothering to turn the lights back on, opened the door to leave. "For starters, though," Chunji spoke. Min Yu came to a half in her tracks, anticipating what he was about to say. "I hate how you never seemed to have manners." At his words, Min Yu laughed. "Then you should look for your Miss Right who has all the manners I don't have," she bid before closing the door behind her.

[A/N: It's supposed to be just a oneshot but since I have too much ideas for just a single chapter, I'm going to make it a twoshot (lol did that make sense) thanks to those who upvoted even though I still haven't posted the first chapter yet, but here it is ☺]