Nemesis Chapter 18

Nemesis

Kris almost got caught smiling when Tao opened his eyes.

The martial artist’s lips were softer than what Kris had imagined, plumper than what he dreamed of and kissing him was more magical than he could ever imagine; even if it was one sided.

Tao went back into his car and drove off, leaving Kris with an uncontrollable, almost permanent smile on his lips knowing that he was the one who stole Tao’s first kiss.

Suddenly the 6 footer was launched back into reality.

“This is so wrong” Kris’ conscience made him regret what he did.

“What am I doing?!” Kris hit himself.

He got his keys and sneaked into his house.

_________________________________________The day of the date____________________________

ZItao got up earlier than usual. He used this time to prepare; his breath, his clothes, his hair, his smell, his looks, conversations and even his smile. He also bought the tickets in advance, just to make sure him and Luhan had the best seats in the theatre.

If Kris could only see him now, teacher would be proud at what a heartbreaker Tao looked like.

Tao ate a light but balanced meal before the date. He even remembered the moves Kris taught him.

If only this boy would apply this much hardwork into his studies…

Meanwhile, Luhan was preparing to go on the date as well. He didn’t prep as much as Tao though.

Luhan just wore a normal shirt and a pair of jeans like it wasn’t a special day. He made sure, however to bring Tao’s gift to him as proof that he appreciates the gift that much.

The deer boy was ready to leave when he heard a doorbell

“Who could be visiting at this hour?” Luhan wondered

Luhan opened the door and it was Sehun; looking angry.

“Where are you going?” Sehun asked

“Out. Why?” Luhan answered back

“With who? That Kris boy?” Sehun’s hands turned into fists

“Listen, I don’t have time for this” Luhan closed his door but he was too late, Sehun was too strong and got a hand in

“I know you’re going on a date with that Kris guy” Sehun was filled with jealousy

Luhan started getting pissed at his possessive lover “Not Kris okay? Tao!”

Luhan should’ve thought about his words before letting them out of his mouth

Sehun’s eyes dialated in rage. He entered Luhan’s apartment

“You liar”

“It’s not a real date. Relax. Just two friends enjoying a movie” Luhan explained

“No, don’t change the situation. You said date!” Sehun pounded the wall

“Think whatever you want, I’m going” Luhan sassed his boyfriend

Sehun blocked Luhan’s path “No you’re not”

“Let me go! Don’t tell me what to do!” Luhan tried shoving his lover but failed

“Now I have to text him that I’ll be late” Luhan grabbed his phone

Sehun stole it immediately. Luhan tried to reach for it but Sehun was too tall.

Sehun made a mistake of leaving Kris a voicemail

“IM SORRY BUT LUHAN WONT BE ABLE TO MAKE IT BECAUSE HE HAS A BOYFRIEND WHO DOESN’T GO ON HIS BACK AND CHEATS WITH OTHER MEN”

Luhan grunted. He even jumped for the phone.

Sehun threw the phone across the room. The phone broke instantaneously

“I can’t believe you did that!” Luhan kicked Sehun in the shin

That did the trick.

Luhan got to the door.

“Wait” Sehun said as he knelt on the floor

“Don’t leave. Don’t do this please” Sehun pleaded

“And why? You’re too possessive Hun, I’m suffocating” Luhan confessed

Sehun managed to stand up. He held Luhan’s hand, gentler this time/

“I love you” Those three words escaped Sehun’s mouth

Luhan was stunned. Thos words never escaped Sehun’s lips before

“If you love me, don’t go. I can’t stand seeing you with anyone else than me. Please, Luhan” Sehun was never one to be vulnerable

“I-I L-love you too” Luhan let those three words escape his lips.

And with that Sehun suddenly kissed Luhan.

Luhan fell into Sehun’s spell.

The kiss developed and Sehun led Luhan  into the latter’s bedroom.

Tao waited outside the cinema. He thought Luhan would be early but he wasn’t. That was okay, being fashionably late was understandable. Soon, fashionably late just became late. Tao was starting to worry since the movie was about to start and Luhan was nowhere to be found.

The movie started and Luhan still wasn’t there. Tao even texted and called the boy multiple times but no one would reply or answer.

There had to be a good explanation why Luhan was late. He wouldn’t just bail on his friend like that.

Soon it was halfway through the movie. Tao could’ve went in the cinema but he had this little desperate hope that Luhan would show up. And besides, he already watched the movie with Kris.

The movie was almost ending and Tao had little hope left.

Tao thought something bad must’ve happened to Luhan. So he drove to Luhan’s house.

“Luhan! Luhan! Are you alright?! Are you alright?! Let me in!” Tao knocked frantically. Afraid his friend got hurt or something.

Luhan answered the door in shock

Tao hugged Luhan without thinking. He looked at Luhan’s messy hair and red face and how he was half ; a blanket covering his bottom partss.

Tao poked at Luhan’s hickey marks thinking he got attacked by an animal or something impossible like that.

“Ah” Luhan said

 

 

“Who or what did this to you!?” Tao was very worried

“T-tao.. I’m” Luhan was about to apologize when Sehun came out of Luhan’s bedroom; just as as Luhan. Except with boxers on.

“Babe, whose at the door?” Sehun asked as he stared at Tao.

“Lulu… Who is this?” Tao’s little heart felt like falling off

“Tell him” Sehun smirked

“Hun! I told you to stay in there” Luhan scolded his other half

“Who is this Luhan?” Tao had a feeling but he just didn’t want to admit it

“Tao.. This-This is my boyfriend, Sehun” Luhan said embarrassed by the situation.

“I’m sorry he wasn’t able to go on your little date” Sehun stated mockingly

Tao broke into tears but still tried to smile “Oh.. I didn’t know you were… Taken.”

“I’m sorry Sehun’s an ” Luhan tried to apologize for Sehun

“No, no. It’s alright. It’s positively okay. I’m okay. I’m really happy for you Luhan” Tao wiped his tears

“I’m sorry Tao, please don’t cry” Luhan tried comforting Tao but Huangzi just shoved his hand away

“No, Don’t. These are tears of joy. I’m happy because you’re happy” Tao ran out of there as fast as he could. He had to get out of there. It felt as if someone ripped his chest open and grabbed his heart out.

Huang Zitao’s first heartbreak. He felt like he could never love again.

Tao drove home and even forgot to lock his front door.

Tao cringed at his pillow as he let his emotions out like a teenage girl.

Just when Tao thought the tears would run out; he proved to be wrong. The pain he felt was like he had been struck by a jolt of lightning and was left paralyzed.

Meanwhile Kris was still deciding whether to go watch Luhan and Tao date or stay in and not risk feeling heartbreak and guilt. He was about to choose staying at home when he received a message from Luhan.

It was voicemail.

Kris listened. It wasn’t Luhan’s voice but someone else. Kris couldn’t recognize the voice until the word “boyfriend” was said. Kris wasted no time and headed to the cinema. Tao must still be there.

Kris got on his motorbike and almost broke some safety hazards as he sped through red lights. Thankfully, he didn’t get caught.

He arrived at the mall and ran immediately to the theatre. Tao was nowhere to be found. That’s when Kris really started to worry.

Kris’ next stop was the bar where Tao usually stays when something bad happens.

He asked the staff and everyone if they’ve seen him and none of them said that they did.

Kris’ final stop was at the boy’s apartment.

Kris was relieved to find the Porsche parked outside the building.

Benben didn’t take the elevator, he ran up the stairs.

Kris almost fell as he scurried to Zitao’s unit. Benben was exhausted but thankful that the door wasn’t locked.  He opened the door at the right moment. Tao was crying profusely; there was half a bottle of alcohol on his living room table. Looks like Tao wasn’t too drunk yet.

Kris was sweaty. He had just ran 5 flights of stairs and a long hallway. But all of that seemed to fade when he knew that he came at the right time.

Benben was so afraid that Tao might’ve done something stupid like kill himself.

Tao looked up and saw the tall boy.

“Please, don’t look at me” Tao cupped his wet face with his hands

Kris didn’t hesitate and immediately frisked to Tao’s side and hugged him. Tightly.

Tao was stunned at first but slowly, he accepted it and he cried on Kris’ shoulder. Hard.

“Just let it all out” Kris didn’t let go until he was sure that Tao had let all his tears out. Even if that meant a soaked T-shirt

The two stayed there for a while. Just hugging. Tao, for the first time, showed vulnerability and weakness in front of Kris; hugging him for comfort because he’s the only thing he had left.

“It hurts. It hurts so bad” Tao was hyperventilating in Kris’ arms

“I know. I know” Kris held the back of Tao’s head and patted him in assurance

“It feels like hell. I don’t think I can love anymore” Tao cried more

“It will get better. Don’t cry. I’m here for you” Kris comforted the hysterical lad

Tao pulled out “Do you think someone out there is capable of loving me?”

“Yes” Kris held Tao’s face in his hands.

“I don’t think anyone could ever love me. I’m so afraid Kris. So afraid” Tao looked at the taller man

Kris wiped Tao’s tears with his fingers

“Someone loves you” Kris was on the brink. He might not be able to control himself again. He could stand temptations and teasing but he positively can’t stand it when he sees the one he loves suffer.

“Who loves me then? Who?!” Tao pounded his fists on Kris’ chest

Kris controlled Tao. He held the boy’s wrists.

The saint broke his vow. He couldn’t take it anymore.

“I love you.” Kris looked into Tao’s eyes with pure intensity. He just wanted to take the boy’s pain away.

Tao’s ears couldn’t believe what Kris was saying. He didn’t know what to feel. All Huang-zi wanted was for the pain that burned like fire to go away.

Huang Zitao looked into Wu Yifan’s eyes “Then make the pain go away”

Kris asked “Are you sure?”

Tao nodded.