Music Festival: I think I like him

Must Be Fate

September 23, 2013 – Music Festival

 

I’ll pick you up at 9! See you soon, cutie :)

 

The first thing I saw in the morning was his message. I don’t even know why I’m smiling all by myself. Do I like him? I shivered at that thought. It sent chills down my spine. It was already 8am when I got out of bed.

 

That’s okay, I’ve still got an hour to get ready. I took a shower and put on my makeup right after. By time I finished with my hair it was already 8:45am. Still got time to kill! I stared at my phone for no apparent reason. I guess I was waiting for a call. His call. Eli.

 

Knock knock.

 

I opened the door to see Eli in an ed blue long sleeved shirt and a white undershirt partnered with blue denims. “Hey!” He smiled as he greeted me.

“Hey, you’re a little early.” I laughed as I replied.

He stared me in the eyes and said, “I just wanted to see you earlier than the planned time. I’ve been out here for a while…contemplating on whether or not I should knock.” He reached out to hug me and I hugged him back in return. The smell of his perfume was strong. But not a bad strong, more like a remarkable smell. A smell that you can’t easily forget.

 

The ride to the music festival was rather quiet. It wasn’t an awkward quiet…more like a comfortable quiet. I just felt different around him. I could see him grinning in my peripheral vision. I gave out a little chuckle. He looked at me for a second and turned his attention back to the road.

 

“Are you keen for the festival?” He asked,

 

“Yeah, I suppose. I’ve never really been to one. So, it’ll be cool to know what it’s like”

 

Then it was quiet again. None of us talked until we got to the music festival.

“Stay there!” He ordered me while hurrying to get out of the car.

Ahh, he wanted to open the door for me. I got off the car and said my thanks in response to his action.

 

It was still cold around September so I wore a long sleeved shirt that says LOVE on it. I know, very relevant, right? I also wore black skinny jeans and a pair of military-type boots. I’m not the girly type so I wear what I’m comfortable with. He didn’t seem to mind my sense of fashion.

 

I stood next to him as we waited for our coffee.

“Don’t ditch me, okay?” I whispered in his ear. Then he grabbed my hand and said, “Don’t worry, I got you.” Then he looked at me and smirked. The minute he grabbed my hand, my heart stopped beating for a while. I probably do like him…

 

“OMG Jia! You’re boyfriend is with some !” That voice sounded so familiar. I was about to look around when Eli wrapped his arm around me and pulled me into a hug. My face sunk into his chest. I wanted to cry. I thought I could get away with all the bullcrap that was happening at school because it was the holidays. I guess I was wrong.

 

I could hear their voices coming closer. “You’ll be fine, I got you.” Eli whispered in my ear and kissed my head. He made me feel safe. I didn’t want him to let go of the hug. But instead, he held my hand again and went to the cashier to grab our coffee then we left that area without even looking back.

 

We found a quiet spot by the field. It was filled with couples but we didn’t mind. I sat down right next to him and let out a sigh. “Life’s funny don’t you think? It has its ways of ruining a person.” He looked at me, confused. “I mean, why do good people have to suffer? I just don’t get it.” Involuntarily, a tear fell from my eyes. He wiped it and placed his arm around me. “Don’t worry, thing will get better. Trust me.” He lifted up my chin with his free hand and made me look at him. I can’t believe a guy like him actually exists. I think I like him.