Eli Kim

Must Be Fate

 

September 22, 2012

 

Yes! It’s finally the spring holidays. No annoying people, no homework, no assignments for two weeks.

 

I went up into my room as soon as I got home. my laptop and went on facebook. It’s been awhile, I don’t really check on my facebook during school days. Plus, no one really talks to me and I don’t intend on stalking anyone.

 

1 new message

 

There was a red notification indicating I have a new message. I wonder who it is? Eli Kim. Wow, that was unexpected. The last time I talked to him was two weeks ago. It wasn’t even a social conversation. More like a school-based conversation.

 

Hey!

 

How am I supposed to reply? What am I supposed to say? Why am I nervous? Oh gosh this is weird. I don’t even like him.

 

Hey, how are you? I replied.

 

Good :) Hey, I saw your performance on the talent quest! You have a really beautiful voice :D He responded right away. Talent quest is like a school competition. No one really pays attention to those kinds of contests at school.

 

Is he flirting with me? What is this? Hmm…Let’s play along!

 

Thanks, didn’t really expect anyone to think that! No one has ever said that to me.

 

They must be deaf, or blind hehe… Hey, are you doing anything tomorrow?

 

Why is he asking? I didn’t reply. I waited to see if he had more to say, then after 5 minutes he sent me a message again.

 

Uhmm..I was just wondering if you wanted to come to the music festival with me! ^_^

 

Ahh, I heard about that. Apparently a lot of couples are going there. Maybe he’s just looking for some company.

 

Sure but I don’t have a ride :/ Not sure how I’m gonna get there…

 

I’ll pick you up. Here’s my number 0433459784 call me if you need anything or if you’re just bored ;)

 

What a flirt!

 

Thank you, hey, I gotta go. I’ll text you later!

 

I ended the conversation quickly just before things get more serious or maybe flirtatious is the better word.

 

I appeared offline on facebook so I can continue browsing without have to talk to anyone. Then I saw the profile of Min.

One of the four queenkas at school. For a moment I hesitated but clicked on her profile anyways. I saw that she just broke up with her boyfriend.

Ditto.

She’s had so many boyfriends that even my hair strands can’t keep up. Okay, that’s an exaggeration. But you get what I mean.

Jia, she’s the queenka that likes Eli. She’s quiet but she stabs peoples back real well.

Fei is just iest of them all. I don’t even know why she’s always y. I guess that’s just her ‘thing’.

And Suzy, I’m not sure why she’s in the group. She’s…different from all of them. A lot nicer.

 

But they all have one thing in common. They hate me.

 

We used to be really close friends. Best Friends, if I must. Me and Jia were pretty much inseparable. Our parents were also close, that’s probably another reason why we were close. I never really got along with Fei. I didn’t like her from the start. I didn’t really get a chance to get to know Suzy since she was always with Fei. But Jia and I would talk all day at school and all night on facebook. We went through everything together. Gatherings, birthdays, Halloween, friendaversaries, etc. Then suddenly it was all gone. We just stopped talking.

 

Now, I think it’s fate that we’re both getting involved with one guy, Eli Kim.