Chapter Three~

A Tale of Two Cliques

ATOTC - Three



Chanyeol's P.O.V

 



"What are you going to make?" I beamed at Minhae. She looked up. 

"What do you want?"

"Hm... Maybe something sweet~!" I nodded ecstatically. She let out a soft laugh. "Well okay." I watched as she looked around the cabinets, looking for ingredients. After a while she finally found all what she needed. I wasn't surprised, I used to take cooking classes but it all ended badly with all the supplies I used to have to waste and just sitting in the cabinets. She looked up at me. "You have a bunch of stuff in here." She chuckled as she began baking. She put in flour and some other dry ingredients in one bowl and eggs, vanilla, and milk in another. She mixed in the things making a big lump of brown mix with chocolate chips in it. I my lips, it looks so delicious. 

"Are you making cookies?" I chirped out. She looked up at me and nodded. "Yeah. You said something sweet." She placed the tiny dough balls in a rack covered with aluminum foil. "My dad was a baker. He used to own a bakery and he made amazing pastries. He taught me how to made so many sweets." Minhae smiled. But in her eyes, you could see her sadness. Her eyes were glossy. I felt so uncomfortable, I've never really encountered someone who's lost their father. I didn’t know what to say. 

Do I say sorry? Do I hug her? Do I say it'll be okay?

"I bet he's really proud of you... Remembering to make these sweets. It must mean a lot to him." I nodded assuringly. She just stayed quiet and continue placing the dough balls in the rack and placing them into the oven. After she was done she turned to me. "So what can we do in the mean time as we wait for the cookies?" Minhae beamed.

I shrugged and looked over to the TV. "We can watch TV if you'd like." I nodded down at her. She smiled and walked over to the couch, sitting down. I sat down next to her, keeping my distance from what had happened a while ago. I grabbed the remote and turned the TV on. There was a really old show on. It was a kids show.

She smiled. "Hey, I know this show. I used to watch it all the time when I was younger." Her eyes glued to the TV. I realized I used to watch it too. "Me too... It was a great show back then." After a while we rarely said anything. I wasn't even paying attention to the show, I just still couldn't believe Minhae was at my house. Not just Minhae, a girl. I've never really had talked and felt so comfortable around a girl before. She was so heartwarming and sweet, beneath her image. She seems forced to that image. I couldn't help but stare at her, clenching my teeth. What were the possibilities she liked me? Or at least wanted to be friends. All that bet barely meant anything now. For some reason, I wanted to be close to her.

My thoughts soon flew by with the sound of a ring, which was the timer for the cookies. Thank goodness she didn’t catch me staring. It would've had been a mess.

Minhae clapped her hands and got up, pacing to the kitchen. I followed as she opened the oven and carefully got the tray with a towel nearby. The whole apartment got filled with the smell of cookies. I immediately got one and took a bite, but it was really hot and I burned my tongue, causing me to yelp.

"You're supposed to wait for a couple minutes." She giggled. And passed me a glass of water. "You're really clumsy, you know?" She gave me an eye smile, causing me to blush. How much cuter could she get? I drank the water quickly and put it down. "How long are we supposed to wait?" I pouted watching smoke come out from the cookies. A small memory came to my mind as I looked at the cookies, I remember going to my grandmothers' house and watching her bake cookies. Minhae kind of reminds me of my grandmother. She was really pretty when she was younger and she was very lively. My small reminiscence was soon gone when Minhae said we should wait a minute so we wouldn't burn ourselves. After a couple of seconds, an idea came to my mind. "Minhae?" I asked. She looked up and nodded. "We should make hot chocolate; it'd go nice with cookies." She chuckled and nodded. "I don't see why not. Plus the weather is nice to go with hot chocolate." 

I remember I had boughten some 'just add milk' hot chocolate packets last December for Christmas, I only made myself two and had forgotten about making the rest. I had plenty of leftover’s, so I took those out and just added a cup of milk as it said, heating both mugs in the microwave. As I waited for the microwave to make the ding noise, I looked back at Minhae, who had taken the plates to the living area and was sitting on the couch with the plate of cookies on her lap. I turned back when the microwave dinged, taking the mugs out and sat next to Minhae and handed her cup of hot chocolate. She thanked me, "Thank you!" She took a sip and nodded. "You make some great hot chocolate."

"I know, don't I?" I took a sip, and she was right. It was delicious. I took a cookie and drank some more. It was so nice, just eating yummy cookies and drinking delicious hot chocolate in this type of weather. The rain had calmed down, but it was still strong. I felt like at any point all this rain might break my windows or something, but that's ridiculous.

                                                                                                                 Minhae's POV

 



"Hey, so tell me about yourself?" I insisted. Chanyeol seems like a guy I really want to be around for a long time. He's really nice from what I've seen; heck he let a stranger in his own home right now. He was sipping his hot chocolate when he looked up at me with big eyes that could pop out any minute. He bit his bottom lip, probably thinking, and lowered his mug to his legs.

"Well, from what I'm thinking of, nothing so far." He simply stated. "If we become more friends I promise you'll defiantly know who Park Chanyeol is." He chuckled. "But the simple things is I can beat box, play some instruments, I have an older sister, and my favorite number is 21!" He nodded happily. I nodded as I finished eating my cookie. 

"Really? What instruments?"

"Guitar, Drums, and Bass. Nothing really special..." He shrugged it out.

"That's actually really cool." I scoffed, "I tried playing the flute in sixth grade but failed."

"Maybe I can teach you sometime." He grinned at me. I nodded in agreement. "Of course. I'd love how to learn the guitar." 

After that we spent the rest of the night just talking endlessly, weird moments we've had, laughing at each other for it, and being painlessly stupid and dumb. I can't really remark everything from last night, but it was a lot.