Chapter One~

A Tale of Two Cliques

A Tale Of Two Cliques - Chapter One

 

 

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

 

 

 

"Right, Yeollie?!" Kris yelled at me frustrated. I looked up from my food in front of me and snapped out of my trance. "What was that, Kris?" I questioned, unaware of what he was asking me about. He simply rolled his eyes and sighed. "That you can get a girlfriend if you talked to a girl... Weren't you listening to our conversation?"

 

"I don't think he was..." Sehun chuckled.

 

"Yeollie looks sad today! Are you alright?" Baekhyun joined. I just smiled and nodded, replying that I hadn't had much sleep yesterday. "So, back to the topic, Chanyeol can get a girlfriend if he talked to a girl. I mean, he has the looks, the personality! What girl wouldn't want Yeollie?"

 

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not talking to any girl." I dryly replied.

 

All eyes went towards me, as if I killed someone. I just sometimes don't get these guys; they know probably no girl has interest in me. Kris sat up, he was always so mad when I didn't do something he wanted me to do, he was like a mother. "And why is that." He crossed his arms, oh no; the arm crossing gesture. Whenever Kris does that, he's either about to beat someone up or torment them.

 

"Yeollie, I really admire you, really. But it kills me that you're an 18 year old boy and has never even touched or kissed a girl without looking terrified. Sometimes you can't even look at my mother in the eyes! My mother." He face palmed himself. "So?" I shrugged it off. Kris really didn't need to bring up this stupid topic every freaking month.

 

"You can easily pickup..." He scanned the school's lunch room, then his eyes when mysterious. "Choi Minhae!" He looked at me with a smirk printed on his face.

 

"You're on crack dude." Sehun sipped his lemonade casually. "There's no way someone could date her, she wouldn't let the prince of England talk to her..." There was a long silence. Sure, Minhae was pretty, yeah she seemed like she'd kill someone with her own nails, but everyone has a soft spot if you dig deep. Suddenly I broke the silence with something I'd probably regret soon.

 

"Anyone can date Minhae...it just takes time to find someone's soft spot and find out who they really are!" I smiled cheerfully. Kris passed his hand through his hair. "I agree with Yeollie, actually." Kris said calmly. "So do I." Baekhyun joined. Sehun gave us all a 'are you kidding me' look. Sehun never liked to be protested against. Now was the time I regretted what I said, right? "Fine, then I dare Chanyeol to make Choi Minhae fall in love with him." He grinned evilly. Gosh, was Sehun serious? He's still stuck on this topic. Baek and Kris dropped their utensils that they were eating with, clanking filling our ears. "What?" Baekhyun and Kris whispered in sync. "Oh come on, you said our Yeollie could get a girl, it'd be fun to see that, no?"

 

"Fun?" I protested, "No, I mean she's, she's..." I looked back at Minhae; she was sitting in a table surrounded by girls and two guys. "She only hangs out with those types of people."

 

"What kind of people?" Sehun lifted a brow. "Oh come on, you said it yourself! It takes time to learn a person and know who they are."

 

"Sehun, we're low class." Baekhyun humbly said.

 

"Baek has a point."

 

"So now you guys are backing out of the idea?" Sehun rolled his eyes.

 

Silence filled the air again, with awkwardness and tension. Mainly towards me, I didn't like this type of attention towards me. Nope, not one bit. One thing I hated more than my stupid mouth blurting out things was me being competitive. I really did want to show Sehun that I can become Minhae's boyfriend. I will. I'll show everyone.

 

"Fine... I'll do it." I sighed as I rubbed my temples. Sehun smiled proudly and drank his bubble tea that he always brought. "Good for you, Yeollie!" Baekhyun eye smiled at me. Kris just kept chuckled and kept eating.

 

 

 

 

After the bell rung, we all headed to the big school game. Sehun dragged us to sit in the front row, right infront of Minhae. Knowing this, my palms and legs were sweaty and shaky. I was shaking hard, but it wasn't that noticeable. I glanced a couple times at Minhae, pretending to be finding someone. She was sitting with some boy in my Algebra class. He was a foreign student... Mike? Michael? Miguel? I couldn't remember his name, but all I knew was that he had an addiction to drugs and I believe gambling. That boy was bad luck, especially for MinMin! What if MinMin...

 

Did I just call her MinMin?

 

Oh gosh, I have to get that girl out of my mind.

 

I snapped out of my trance and looked forward, watching the game. Cheering for Sehun's friend, Luhan. He was the star soccer player of the school. Him and Luhan had been friends for so long, I think longer than I was friends with Sehun.

 

I glanced at Sehun. His mouth was open, practically drooling and gazing at Luhan.

 

"Dongsaeng! Close your mouth; you don't want Luhan to catch you being a stalker..." I smirked teasingly. Kris, who was sitting next to Sehun laughed. "Seems like Hunnie has a crush!" Sehun immediately turned red and got a frantic look on his face. "N-no!" He stuttered. Boy was he love struck. "No! Luhan and I are just friends. Nothing more, nothing less"

 

"Friends with Benefits." Baekhyun coughed into his arm. Kris and I bursted into laughter as Sehun rolled his eyes.

 

 

 

 

Minhae's P.O.V

 

 

 

"Haha Hae-Chan!" A former classmate giggled. "You lost the game!" His innocent expression turned into a cold expression, smirking devil-like. I sighed at myself as I passed my hand through my hair. I'd always have had an addiction to gambling, ever since the 8th grade... I still have the addiction; and right now I had lost a stupid bet to the big school game.

 

Our team was only a couple points away from winning, until the other school got 3 goals in a row. We were screwed, all of the students pouting and cursing. The other students cheering and pumping their fists in victory. Man, did I hate losing.

 

"How much, Miko?" I sighed, taking my wallet out of my purse.

 

"No no.. Remember Minhae-Chan!" He grinned.

 

"No I don't remember."

 

"If you lost the bet... You had to date Chanyeol."

 

"Park Chanyeol?"

 

"Yup."

 

"Oh gosh." I scanned the bleachers until I saw Chanyeol. He was sitting with his dorky weird friends. Sechun.. Baekhum.. Wu something? He was laughing hard as cripples formed at the corners of his eyes, his crazy hair blown by the wind.

 

"No." I nodded. "How much in cash?"

 

"Chanyeol."

 

"I sai-" Miko cut me off, "Do it or else." I rolled my eyes. "Or else what?" The typical answer to the most used threat. "You'll see. You have 3 months to make him yours. Or you'll see." He giggled as he jumped out of the bleachers, disappearing in the crowd.

 

That boy was crazy. Crazy enough to make me...date Park Chanyeol. He was really weird, and not even the lovable weird. Just weird.

 

I stared at him as I mentally slapped myself. 'Good job Minhae. Now you have to date probably the biggest dork in the school.' I thought.

 

After everyone left, I left as well. You'd expect my life to be full of people surrounding me and praising me and I never being lonely. But it wasn't like that. Truth is, no one really cares about me. No one knows the real me. No one knows who I am, what I do at home, what I eat, what I like. They just care for the popularity and company. No one asks "Hey how was your day? You seem bothered?". It's like I'm just there but I'm noticed so much. I don't know how I came from the quiet shy girl in class to the most popular girl in school. I have to fake my life through.

 

I unlocked my bike and started riding home. It was pretty dark, almost 11PM. A small breeze hit my face as I rode my bike calmly. I liked alone time. I was such an introvert back then. I'm kind of glad in a way I'm popular, because now I can socialize way better. A couple years ago I couldn't even order my pizza thru the phone. But now, I startle people with just glancing at them.

 

As I reached to my house, I went to the back and placed my bike on the side, then walking to my doorstep. I took out my keys from my bag and opened it up. I took my blazer off and lazily placed it on the coat rack, with my shoes underneath.

 

I walked into the kitchen, a note from my butler read, 

 

 

Hello Minhae. It's almost midnight and you haven't come. I left your dinner in the counter and went to bed. I hope you came safely. 

 

- Willson.

 

Willson was my butler. Or the family's butler. He was a foreigner, from America. He was like a family member to me. My mom always stays at work and overworks and is always on business trips. I barely see her. Maybe twice a week. My father divorced her when I was 12. My mom never explained why. He just left and never said a word. I've emailed a couple times but that was around three years ago. I don't know why it doesn't bother me as much. I didn't bother to eat dinner either. I was way too full from only drinking a soda and eating chips at the game.

 

Walking to my room, I still couldn't believe I had to make that weird boy mines. I don't even think Sunmin would remember his name if I speak of him. I couldn't let anyone know. I'll break my reputation and it'll plummet deeper than the Grand Canyon.

 

 

 

I changed quickly into my pajamas. I sat on my bed, my pajamas on. Why did I care about my reputation so much anyways? Didn't I hate my life already? I might as well separate from these idiots right now. I don't want to spend my last two years asking myself why I am stuck with these people. All they care about is money, shoes, and . All I care about is books, Internet, and my grades. Also happiness if that counts. Maybe dating Chanyeol won't be bad... Don't they say the weird ones are the best boyfriends? It won't be that bad.