Chapter 7

Where Are We Now?

 

 

 

Suh Young stumbled through the door to her apartment, exhausted from yet another three hours of overtime. Once upon a time, she would have rushed to get back home and open the door, but not anymore. She dropped her bag on the kitchen table and made her way to the fridge, glancing once again at the note to buy more milk. She settled instead for a glass of water then headed down the hall to her room, ready to shower and turn in. 

 

 

She stood under the stream of hot water and tiredly rinsed her hair. The feeling she had was familiar. Already sleepy, it was all she could do to turn off the shower and get dressed. And then fighting off the memories once more, she collapsed into bed, trying to embrace the sweet escape of slumber. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Nurse Min!"

Suh Young spun around to find the source of the voice. "Oh. Doctor Heo." She bowed. 

"I hope I'm not bothering you, but I need a favor. The nurses tell me you're the go-to person around here." 

"Neh.."

"I was wondering if you could help out on my floor today. We're a little short staffed, and the nurses there are still new and aren't that familiar with the procedures and paperwork. You'd just be showing them what we normally do and taking over some of the rounds. Gwenchansumnida?" He looked at her hopefully and tried to wear a convincing smile. Suh Young, however, didn't hesitate and simply nodded her head. "Ne. Gwenchanayo." 

Dr. Heo blinked. "O? Chongmalyo?" 

"Ne. I'll just check out at the station and head up." 

"O algessumnida. Kamsahamnida." He bowed and smiled, watching her walk away. The nurses had been right about her. This nurse really did take any work. Well that's one problem taken care of. He his heel and headed for the elevators. Today would definitely be a less stressful day. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


It's short, but I decided to post it anyway. I've been in a writing mood lately. Any thoughts on what's happening so far? Any ideas for what will happen next? I think the next one will be pretty long. Well enjoy! ^ ^

 

 

Gwenchansumnida? = Is that okay with you? 

Chongmalyo? = Really? 

Algessumnida = I understand/ all right.