# Tip Numero Uno ♥

Sophie's Eternal Mind ♥ [ the antidote for writer's block]

hola amiga, amigo, *randomly sings SHINee's AMIGO"Hai there lovelies ^_^ 

Tip #1 Opening Up Your Mind, Unleashing Imagination.  ~Song Edition~

1. Think!

     About a song you heard today. This morning? Last night? A few seconds ago? Hours ago? A song that keeps you alive and makes you smile. A song that reminds you of someone or something. A song that keeps you moving and makes you want to scream. A song that has memorable lyrics, a memorable tune, a memorable artist. Was it pop? rock? jazz? contemporary? 

Me: All day I kept listening to 'TRAP' by Henry Lau ft. Lee Taemin & Kyuhyun. The lyrics reminded me of a person who keeps his/her feelings inside, or is trap under a spell. The tune was definitely a mixture of slow classical jazz and fast pop.

• so, TRAP, can be the possible title based on the song, or I could add 'I'm Trapped' or 'Trapped Inside _____' or 'Trapped Under this Spell'.

•I mentioned the tempo of the song, I could apply this to the theme or genre of the story. Slow classical Jazz can be interpreted into melodrama, angst, tradegy, and possibly fluff. Fast pop can be the way I write the story, could contain a little violence or abuse, a longing deep inside, or even anger.

•When I thought about the lyrics, I said 'a person who keeps his or her feelings inside or is trapped under a spell', so I'm thinking it will be about an OC who is struggling with her inner self/feelings and about a guy who is trapped under a spell who somehow wants to help the girl.

 

2. Characters!

     So now its time to think about the Main and minor characters. Think about the OC you want or the artist you want to add in. Think about your character traits. His/her flaws, advantages, and disadvantages. The way he/she would look? the way they act? Character attitudes/traits are very important because some people tend to be hypocrites without noticing it. Some just can't understand opposites. Most character charts I've noticed have very contradictory traits which I find annoying. example: She is very fun, bubbly, and outgoing. but then a few sentences later the author mentions 'she likes staying indoors'. We as authors think, alot, but sometimes we have to limit our thinking in a range where we know the character fits in. Don't over do it, or else you'll be a hypocrite. Use other words to describe your character. And heres a little advice do not tell the full background of a character or else you will be giving away the whole story and scaring away readers. P.S. first compile your ideas.

Me: The guy would most likely be Henry, but maybe others would have chosen Taemin or Kyuhyun. And others also might pick someone not from the song. But  since I'm faithful to the song , I'm using Henry and the other fts. as minor characters. I want Henry to be thoughtful and caring. I want the girl to be misunderstood. I want my OC to have a brother who wastes his life. And a childhood friend who believes she is too good for him.

Henry- the thoughtful and caring guy; the guy trapped under a spell; sweet; 

•OC- misunderstood; insomniac; misunderstood as a pessimist; shy and quiet; 

•brother; I could use Kyuhyun; wastes his life by drinking; school dropout; only family left

•Childhood friend/bestfriend; i could use Taemin; knows the real (oc); only person who understands (oc) and feels she is too good of a person to be with him.

 

(thought deepening)

 

under a spell? + trap?  I thought about something, if you were in it you would feel trapped. Then I remembered this Music Box that my mom gave me before. I had a ballerina with a magnet and when you would set the ballerina on the platform it would dance to this cute lullaby. So what would this have to do with the story? you may ask? well, I thought about it. Instead of a ballerina it would be Henry and instead of a dancing platform it would be a piano. When you open the box, it would play chopin waltz number .07 (you can find Henry playing it on SMtown youtube page). 

therefore. . . 

Henry is a guy trapped under a spell who is also trapped inside this music box. the only way you can release him is by continuing the song also in the piano.

 

3. Combining!

 so after you have finished thinking everything through you can now combine your ideas. make sure that your thoughts are not repetitive and are placed in correct order. You can start by describing your protagonist or your other main character and how the other characters are connected to them. I will give two examples of order differences.

•Girl description first; minor characters; then Henry.

 

  OC is a misunderstood teenage girl. She was a sweet and bubbly young girl, until her parents passed away. After that, her older brother fell into depression and became a drunkard and an addict. Living under her brother's care she was constantly abuse (not ually O_O). Her trauma obviously affected her attitude and personality. She became quiet and abit emotional, because of this people thought she hated the world and some even thought she was the so-called "emo" type. But deep inside was that same happy girl. The only cheering up and occasional laughter she got was from her childhood bestfriend, Lee Taemin. If he wasn't there to be her wall, her pillar, her shoulder to cry on, she wouldn't know what the hell would happen to her. Though she thinks of him as a replacement for her brother, Taemin's feeling towards her is much more then friendship. Crying herself to sleep and the feeling of self-hatred every morning is very unusual for a teenager. Besides, her bestfriend, the thing that makes her feel a little bit more alive is her Music Box. The very last thing her parents gave her. It was an heirloom, meaning it was passed throughout generations of the family. She would twist every morning and every evening, just to keep the memories and ease the pain. But what she didnt know is that the Music Box was magical and that it would bring back someone from her past, once the right tune is played.

 

•Henry first; OC; then minor characters.

    Henry was a normal young lad. He was sweet,caring and helpful. The sad thing was one by one his family and friends started unexpectedly disappearing or dying. He was also afraird that he would join them wherever they were. Then one night an angel appeared before his eyes and told him that he had a mission for an important purpose. She spared his life and trapped him inside a music box. the only way he would be freed was when the tune to the lullaby in the music box will be played through a certain piano. He didnt know that he was fated to help a misunderstood girl, her drunken brother and her loving bestfriend.

 

The second was abit shorter but I like it that way. :D

 

that's all folks. I'm quite tired, but still happy! :) comment down below what you think!!! :>

 

Copyright 2013 © Sophiekhun

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

story plot and description is also mine. DO NOT STEAL.