This Must Be A Dream [part 4]

This Must Be A Dream
Please log in to read the full chapter

Taeyoung found herself in front of the Yoon’s house, nervous. She didn’t know why though. She’s been here countless of times, but she thought it could be the fact that she was going to finally confess to Dujun after so long. And she even made herself look pretty and nice. Well, what she  considered herself to be pretty and nice.
Taeyoung wore one of the shirts that Minyoung had gotten for her birthday, after making the fragrance less strong. Along with the new jeans she got from Jyongri. She was also wearing the new kicks she got from Kikwang as well as the new Doraemon hoodie over it from Yoseob. Over that she also wore the white scarf and snowcap she got from Minyoung. With the new curling iron from Yeseul, she finally curled her long, straight hair, and finished it off with all the new jewelries from her parents. She used all of her Christmas gifts for tonight, because it was going to be an experience she’ll never want to forget and hopefully Dujun would see her differently tonight as well.
She and Hyunseung got out of the car, and Taeyoung brought the gifts to give him.
“Ahh, I forgot his gift and the drinks. Tell him I’ll be back soon, I need to go get them.” Hyunseung informed Taeyoung as he got back into his car and quickly drove home to get what he needed before she could protest.
Taeyoung felt even more nervous, uneasy, and a bit scared, now that Hyunseung wasn’t there with her, but she walked up to the door and rung the bell anyway. Dujun opened the door, greeted her and ushered her in, taking the things from her hands, so she could take off her shoes, while asking her where Hyunseung was.
But she didn’t hear him as she was looking around the place, and noticing that no one else was present. “Where are all the other guests?”
“Oh, this is an exclusive get together. Let’s go to the kitchen and I’ll get you something to drink.” And both of them headed to the kitchen. Taeyoung took a seat at the table as Dujun set her things on the counter and brought out two cans of soda and handed one to her, which she accepted.
A moment of silence followed and Taeyoung remember what Hyunseung told her and spoke. “Um, Hyunseung went home to get what he forgot, he said he’ll be here soon.”
“Okay.” He nodded his head and then asked, “So what did you bring over there?” He pointed at her things.
“Oh right, I forgot about those.” Taeyoung got up, went to grab his presents and walked towards him and gave it to him. “Here, these are for you.”
Dujun took them, looking at her, and opened the first one. “Store bought cookies, aren’t they?”
“Pssh, they’re not cookies from the store. They’re homemade cookies that I made yesterday for you. And look, they’re all decorated like soccer balls.” Taeyoung explained.
“Der gud, nah baaa.” Dujun said as the cookies were stuffed one by one into his mouth as Taeyoung just rolled her eyes at him, knowing that he was enjoying himself with them.
“Open your other one, this one you’ll like more, I think.”
He finished the current cookie that was in his mouth and set the rest on the counter and opened the other gift. It was the new NBA game that he wanted. “Nice, nice, very nice, I’ll play this later when Hyunseung gets here.” And he set the game on the counter and another moment of silence followed.
“You look nice.” Dujun broke the silence.
“Uh, thanks.” Taeyoung thanked him, quietly. –Where is Hyunseung, he should have been back by now? And where is everyone else? I really need to do it now, since no one is actually here beside the two of us.-
“So how come I didn’t get a Doraemon hoodie.” Dujun asked, snapping Taeyoung out of her thoughts before she could make her confession.
“Uh, what you say” She asked.
“So how come I didn’t get a Doraemon hoodie.” He repeated.
“Oh, it was a gift, I didn’t buy this, and Yoseob did. So you should ask him to get you one next year.”
“Mmh, I’ll make sure that I do.” And another silence fell between the two, just then the door bell rang and Dujun went to answer it. Taeyoung let out a sigh. –Why does it feel so awkward? Should it be like this? Ahh, why can’t I just tell him and get it done and over with? If he rejects me, then what do I do, play hide and seek from him till he goes off to college? Gah, this is so difficult. I’ll just tell him once he gets back, or when we’re alone if Hyunseung finally came back.-
Dujun returned and Taeyoung asked him, “Who was it? Is Oppa back?”
“Ah no, just some kid who wanted to sing some Christmas carols, but I told him to scram and sing to someone who actually wants to hear him sing. Then I glared at him and he ran away crying for his mommy.” Dujun laughed and Taeyoung punched him. “Ow, what’s that for?”
“You’re so mean. How could you do something like that to a little kid?” Taeyoung said, shaking her head.
“I was only joking, I’m not that mean. It was some random person that got lost and needed directions. Anyways, these are for you.” He handed her a large package and a smaller package. “I just remembered your gifts that I got you when I left to answer the door.”
“Ah, thank you, Dujun-goon.” Taeyoung accepted both gifts and opened the bigger one first. Inside the package was a very large, blue, stuffed bunny. “Aww, he’s so adorable, soft, and fluffy! Thanks again.” Taeyoung walked away, distracted with the toy, and leaving Dujun by himself with the other smaller package.
“Hey, wait, wait, wait, where do you think you’re going? You still have another gift to open.” Dujoon said, waving the other present in the air and marched over to Taeyoung. “Here, open it.”
Taeyoung set aside the blue rabbit and took the smaller present from Dujun’s grasp. What lay inside was a card and a mini flashlight. She looked at Dujun weirdly before reading the card.
~Dear Taeyoung,
You are now on a mini hunt to find a precious item Yoon Dujoon has set out for you to look.
It is small, with wings, and makes a great attachment.
It should be high above you when you find it.
It’s not that far either, just somewhere in the backyard of the Yoon’s residence.
Find the gift before its other half stays lonely forever.
Sincerely, the Guy Who Did This that’s Standing Right Next to You
When Taeyoung finished reading it, she stared at it, then stared at Dujun, and then back at the letter. Then she told Dujun, “What the heck what that about? You could have just told me instead of me having to read the card.”
Dujun shrugged and replied, “Yeah, I could have, but this gives you a harder time. So let’s go search for that final gift.”
The two put on their shoes, Dujun putting on a jacket, and the two went out the front door, with Taeyoung’s flashlight scanning the place, and walked to the back yard and begin their search.
Taeyoung shined her flashlight here and there, over there and over here, but couldn’t find anything, till Dujun called out to her, saying that he probably discovered it. She walked towards him and asked him where. He pointed to some small, shining thing in the distance that was hanging on a very low branch. She walked over and noticed that it was an angel, a female angel with wings. It was also small, and she realized it was a strap accessory for a hand phone. Luckily, she was taller than the average girl and had no problem getting the angel down from the branch. Once she gotten it down, she walked back over to Dujun who stayed in the exact same spot when he told her about it.
“Look, it’s a little angel, a phone accessory.” Taeyoung excitedly said, holding it out for him to see.
“How beautiful, here, let me attach it to your cell.” Dujoon said, taking the charm, and Taeyoung handed over her phone to him. He took out the other strap and handed it to Taeyoung who put it in her jacket’s pocket and watched him put on the little angel.
“There you go.” Dujun handed her cell back to her.
“Ah, thank you, Dujun-goon. Now I can look at this little angel every time I use it.” She smiled at him, but then it turned into a little frown. “Wait, what did it mean about its other half? Didn’t it say something about it staying lonely forever?” She brought the angel close to her face to examine it. “I don’t see how it’s missing anything; everything seems to be in place. What could it be missing?”
Then out of no where, she saw something else connect with it. It was another little angel, but this time, a male angel. Its hands were against her little angel’s hands, and together it formed a heart that lighted up. She pulled her angel away, and the light vanished and they weren’t connected. She brought it back in contacted and they once again lighted up and connected.
She looked up at Dujun and noticed that the male angel was attached to his hand phone. Her eyes went wide and she blurted out, “What’s the mean

Please log in to read the full chapter