Secret Santa [part 6]

Secret Santa
Please log in to read the full chapter

this is actually a very long one shot... but i broke it down into many parts... so it has now become a short chaptered story in a way~

again, no edit. have to deal with how i've written it so long ago~

“everybody get into your places now. You all know the format. Those that are not in company or varsity will sing first. Follow by the solos, duets, and etc. then varsity, company after, and all of you come out together as a group and sing at the end. Everybody got that. Good. Now I need to go out there and welcome the audience. All of you will do excellent, take a deep breath and relax your mind. All right, good luck to all of you.” mr. lee announced and began walking to the front of the stage to welcome the guests and blah blah.
Everyone else was either talking, practicing just a bit, or getting ready to go on stage a bit. Sunghee and kwon were both doing some harmonizing of ’someday at christmas’ with one another.
“nervous?” kwon asked sunghee.
“I’m always nervous. But happy as well. Singing is a part of me.” sunghee smiled at him. “you?”
“same here. I can’t wait to perform this. I hope the audience like it.” kwon wondered.
“they’ll probably will. It has a Christmas feel. It’ll just be in English, that’s all. All right, let’s go from the beginning again to the end.” she said.
And the two softly begin singing their parts awaiting their turn.
A few moments later, kwon and sunghee stepped into the center of the stage. Sunghee suddenly heard two, very loud, cheering for her. She looked out at the crowd and saw eunmi and jiyeon standing up and holding a very large sign up, with the words “sunghee fighting” on it. Sunghee shook her head smiling at her two friends, as kwon let out a few laughs. After that, they both gave each other a look of reassurance to calm their hearts. The instrument of mary j. blige’s version of “someday at christmas” began to play and kwon started to sing.

“Someday at Christmas
Men won't be boys
Playing with balms
Like kids play with toys
One warm December
All hearts will see
A world where men are free”

He stopped and sunghee took up her part.

“Someday at Christmas
They'll be no wars
When we have learned
What Christmas is for
When we have learned
What life's really worth
They'll be peace on Earth”

She took her break and kwon began the next one.

“Someday all our dreams will come to be
Someday in a world where men are free
Maybe not in time for you and me
But someday at Christmas time”

Sunghee took her turn again.

“Someday at Christmas
We'll see a land
With no hungry children
And no empty hands
One happy morning
People will share
A world where people care”

And then kwon took his.

“Someday at Christmas
They'll be no more tears
Where all men are equal
And no man has fears
One shinning morning
We're on our way from today
But someday at Christmas time”

Sunghee took up the next piece.

“Someday all our dreams will come to be
Someday in a world where men are free
Maybe not in time for you and me
But someday at Christmas time”

And then both of their voices became one.

“Someday at Christmas
Men will not care
Hate will be gone
And love wil

Please log in to read the full chapter