HIS WISH

WISH

 

May 2. Baekhyun’s birthday, a beautiful day to celebrate the birth of a wonderful person. Kris prepared everything yesterday. Morning, they will go to the beach to enjoy the sunrise. Afternoon, they will have a lunch in a restaurant near the beach and at Night, they will go to Kris’ apartment rooftop to watch the stars in the sky. Kris can’t explain his excitement. He wants to see Baekhyun and be happy with him.

All of his plans went smoothly but he forgot something a birthday is never complete without a birthday cake. When they were in the rooftop, he made an excuse so that he can go out and buy the cake.

“You’re an idiot.” He said to himself.

He runs carefully when he bought the cake, fast but careful. He feels the cake is Baekhyun. It’s sweet and cute. Also, he needs to be careful with it or else it will be ruin. He runs to stairs and finally reached the door heading to the rooftop, going to Baekhyun. He opened it. He saw Baekhyun looking at him, with those cute eyes suddenly curving into a half-moon, smiling. He can’t help but to blush. He opened the cake and light the candle. He sang ‘Happy birthday’ but Baekhyun told him to stop while laughing.
“That’s fine now, Kris.”

Kris just smiles awkwardly because he only knows how to rap. Baekhyun smiles at him and said, “Thank you.” He can’t help but to blush. Baekhyun was his weakness. “Blow the candle and make a wish.”
Baekhyun closed his eyes and made a wish. ‘I wish to be with him.’

 

I wish to be with him.

When Baekhyun opened his eyes, he saw Kris. He let out a sad smile to Kris. “Sorry.” He said. Kris looks at him then he blows the cake.

They both sit down and watch the star for the night. The cake is between them. Baekhyun feels happy because Kris was there but somewhat guilty because of what he is to him. Kris feels happy because Baekhyun was beside him but somewhat sad because of what he is to him.

Looking at the stars makes them forget everything.

“LOOK! A Shooting star.” Baekhyun exclaimed.

They both made a wish. For today, two wish for Baekhyun. “You’re a lucky one. Two wish in a row.” Kris smile. “Did you wish for something, Kris?”

“Yes. Of course.”

“hmmmm.” Baekhyun looks at the sky.

Kris looks at him confusedly. “Aren’t you going to ask for what did I wish?”

“Nope. Wish is like a diary. You have to keep it. So I will not ask for it.”

I wish to be with you.. forever.

“Ok. Then I won’t ask what you wished for too.”

I wish to be with him.

 

_____

 

Almost Fall. Baekhyun wanted to witness the spring before it all disappear. He asked Kris if he wanted to go on out of town trip with him. Kris can’t say no even if he have to quit his job. They are now heading to Baekhyun’s province. They were sitting at the back of the bus. Baekhyun near the window and he is seated beside him. Few people are on the bus. Baekhyun was still amazed at what he sees even if he saw that many times. Kris can only appreciate what he sees, Baekhyun. They both enjoy the ride. Talking to each other and listening to same music in shared earphones.

They arrived at the place. Baekhyun was excited with everything. He runs towards the grass in their backyard. He started to run and look for flowers. “Don’t go too far.” Kris warned. “Kris look!” Baekhyun waves at him from meters away. He went to see what the younger wants.

“Kris. I found a four-leaf clover.” The younger smiles as if he found the hidden treasure of Korea. All Kris can think was he was so cute. He even bites his lips when he saw Kris coming.

“Look! I found one.”, smiles while presenting the treasure to Kris.

 

“then make a wish.”

I wish to be with him.

Baekhyun suddenly feels the wind in his skin. He can feel rain is coming. Wishing for him is really the hardest part of his life. He feels heavy every time he makes a wish. Is wishing important to his life? It’s the only thing that keeps his hopes up, his hope to see him. When he opened his eyes, he saw Kris standing in front of him. He can feel the water in his face.

Is it raining?

No. He was crying.

“Are you alright?” Kris asked worriedly.

 He rubbed his face. Warm tears. “Sorry.”

Kris pulled him for a hug.

The soft wind touches their skin and Baekhyun was in the warmth of him. All Kris wish now is to Baekhyun not to be sad.

Please don’t cry again.