2

spilling the heart out

 

“Woohyun-sshi! Wake up!” I was awake. But for the first time in months I had had I dreamless night. Now he had ruined it. I pretended to be sleeping, maybe he would stop… When he started shaking my shoulder I gave up. “WOOHYUN-SSHI!! Come on! I know you’re awake!” I opened my eyes to the familiar face of Myungsoo. “slept well?” I grinded my eyes, stretching, a very small smile swept across my lips for a second. “No dreams. So I guess” he smiled his bright smile at me. “I know~ No screams. Now get up!” he pulled my blanket off, and left me in only underwear and a t-shirt. Guess he’s doing laundry again. I went to the bath room, took a shower, got dressed, and went into the kitchen. Myungsoo was there already, making scrambled eggs… and I ran straight to the bathroom again.    

  “Woohyun-sshi? Woohyun-ah are you okay?” I heard him coming in but my attention was on the burning sensation in my throat. Once more my head went to the toilet and I threw up for the third time in a row. I head him leave again, coming back again with a towel, a water bottle and some pills. He must know the routine now, I’ve been living with him for four months now, and this wasn’t the first time it had happened. About a week after the funeral, I got a letter saying that I had to move out, it was Sunggyus apartment. I didn’t do much, my dad and Myungsoo took care of it all. I was also in the hospital at that time. They had put all my stuff in a self-storage, so once I came out of hospital I could find a new place. I ended up staying with Myungsoo. I was fired, being ‘mentally stable’ was important when you were dealing with people. So I couldn’t afford an apartment. And Myungsoo being Myungsoo, was always there to help me out.

  He patted my back as I cuffed the last bit of vomit out of my mouth. “Guess it’s not time yet…” he whispered, It was obvious that I shouldn’t have heard it, but I did. Tears starting to flow down my cheeks. “I’m sorry Myunggie. I’m so sorry. I promise that I’ll get over it! I promise!!” I sobbed into his chest while hugging him tightly. He just sat there, patting my back, waiting for me to stop. And I did, but I wouldn’t let go of him. It ended up with him forcing my arms of him, and demanding me to wipe my mouth, take the pills and drink some water.

  “Woohyun-sshi! I’m leaving for work! Remember to be on time to the daycare!!” “Eung! Have a good day!! It was at ten right!?” I yelled from the living room, not wanting to get up from the sofa. “Half past nine!!” it came back from a clearly irritated Myungsoo. “Sorry sorry! I’ll call you when I get there!” “Sure! I’m leaving!” I still wasn’t able to get a job, so Myungsoo had got me a part-time job in a daycare. I have always been good with people, especially kids. Though I’m not so social anymore. Things had turned out great, the workers there had been understanding and the kids where welcoming me. At those times I smile. I look forward to be there.

  I grabbed my coat and went out the door. The daycare was in walking distance, being unable to use any kind of transportation, this was a good thing. I got there on time, and as I promised I called Myungsoo. "yeoboseo!" “Myunggie!~ I got here in time as I promised!” “Uh! Have a great day, shall I pick you up after work?” “After what happened this morning?” “Yea, you’re right… sorry.” “It’s okay.” But I felt as if my heart got squished and my eyes stung. “Anyways! What do you want for dinner tonight?” “KIMCHI! Gimme kimchi!” “Arra! Arra! Kimchi it is!” “Okay, see you later!” “Uh! See you!” And I ended the call. What would I do without Myungsoo. The guilt and sorrow slowly building up in my heart again, how will I ever pay him back?

  As I entered the daycare, a group of small beings came running to me. And as always, the smile forced its way to my lips. How can you not love kids!? I think they are unaware of my condition, though that’s a good thing. I took of my coat and shoes, not many children had arrived yet, and it was only me and the owner of the daycare who were there. And that means that I’m the only one capable of looking after the kids. Because the owner, well she only do the paperwork and drinks coffee, which means that she is in the kitchen most of the time. I went to the kitchen and as I predicted she sat there, drinking coffee. I began to cut some fruit up to the kids as a snack, and just as I finished the doorbell rang. We have a total of 22 children, and today we expect to have around 11 and as I can see 3 have already called in to say they won’t come.

  I went to get the door, and as I open, my favorite little angel comes out. “Hyunji! You came! I’m glad to see you!” I go down on one knee and hug her, rocking her from side to side. Her giggle makes my day even better. “Oppa! Stop! I’ll become dizzy!” “Arra, arra! Sorry~” I say as I give her my best eyesmile. “Woohyun-ah, you’re here today?” I look up and see Kibum, my now friend. Hyunji is his daughter, well his adopted daughter. Kibum have back problems, so he’s suspended for work. Every day when he comes with Hyunji, he stays for what? 3 hours? He once told me that he couldn’t handle be home alone all day, and Hyunji had to go get a social life. That’s why he stays, we always chat and we slowly became real friends. He once invited Myungsoo and I over for dinner with his husband, Jonghyun. He knows everything I’ve been through. “I’m here every day of the week from now on. The boss wanted to save money, so she fired another one and since I work part-time I’m cheaper, so now I’m on duty every day.” I said as I took of Hyunjis shoes. “Haha, so that’s how it is! Well I’m fine with that!” he smiled at me and took of his shoes as well.

  “Hey, I’m hungry. Wanna go grab lunch? It’s nearly your break anyways?” Kibum said as he stood up, I sat my coffee down. “Sure! You’ll pay.” “Aish, this guy…” Kibum mumbled. I grabbed my coat and went into the kitchen to tell my boss I was going to take my break now. We stepped into a small café, a nice cozy place. As we sat down and ordered, a normal club sandwich for me and a salad for him. “Are you doing better?” I expected it, I knew he would ask. “much better.” I took a sip from my water, looking away from him. “you’d rather not talk about it, right?” he looked down, regretting asking. I sigh. “No. seriously. I’m doing better. Last night I had a peace full night. I even think Myungsoo slept well.” “Well, that’s good to hear. What about incidents? Have you had any?” I won’t lie, there’s no way around it. “This morning.” “Oh. Sorry. But you’re okay now it seems.” “Yea. I’m fine.” I smiled, even though it was fake, it seemed to be good enough for him.    

  I walked back alone. Kibum had gone home, waiting for jonghyun. Not much had changed, though we had decreased in number of kids. Hyunji came to me asking if I could read out loud for her and her two friends. I smiled at her taking the book she held out for me and sat down on the couch. Half way through, the owner came in from the kitchen. “Woohyun-sshi. You’re back. Why didn’t you say so?” I looked up at her confused. “I never do. Why is it a problem now?” she wrinkled her nose and pushed up her glasses. “Someone is here for you. That’s why. He’s waiting for you in the kitchen.” “Me!? Who would be asking for me?” I stood up from the sofa. “Oppa will be back in a sec” I went into the kitchen, and there sat an unfamiliar but familiar person. “It’s you!” 

***

i updated! be proud of me!! still this is my first fanfic! don't kill me if i make any mistakes!