- White Horse

||| Short Stories - Angst, Sad, Fluffy etc |||

 

 

 

2015 Autumn

Incheon International Airport

For the very first time, the airport is empty when she stepped out from the custom. Empty in the sense there were no fans, no fansite representatives, no media. It was really quiet. Only sounds of aircraft taking off and noises of moving luggage carts. 

It has been two years.


Two years since she left Korea pursuing what she wanted. Freedom and Life. 

But today she's back. 

Kim Taeyeon, the leader of Girls' Generation is back in town.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

S.M Entertainment

The door slided open. 

Bending down, she let her black poodle jumped off from her arms. It's kinda funny. It seems like Ginger knows this place better than her. Looking how Ginger making its own way into the building, a small smile flashed across her face.

"Hmm...." she thought.

"Yuri and Tiffany must have brought him here many times during their practice...." 

That was the first thing Taeyeon did once she touched down. She went to pick up her beloved Ginger. Probably the one whom she missed the most during the past two years. Ginger didn't follow Taeyeon to the States. Yes, she left him behind. Taeyeon felt bad over it for a long time, but she was determined to put down everything here when she left for LA two years ago. Back then, she entrusted Ginger to her best friends before she went away.

 

"Ah~ It has been two years. Time flies."

Came the voice of the founder of S.M Entertainment. He was pretty much the same. His glasses, his hair and that smile. Looking around the S.M building, Taeyeon let out a small smile. Along the way from the main hall to Lee Soo Man's office, apparently nothing much has changed.

"I'm sorry to ask you back today. The girls aren't around. They went for their schedule in Pusan." Lee said. "But this is urgent. I need to talk to you personally before I fly to Japan for an event tonight. Please understand." Lee added.

"It's fine. I knew they weren't in town." Taeyeon replied. " Is this regarding our contract?" 

Lee nodded his head with a slight sigh.


"Taeyeon, we released you two years ago to realize your wish to take a break. It was an exceptional case. You were tired. Your health was taking toll on you. We understand that and we let you go. Of course in terms of business, I know you had paid the company the liquidated damages during the time of your absence. But it has been two years....."

Taeyeon nodded slightly as Lee speaks. But she didn't say a word.

"Two years, Taeyeon. A lot things happened over the two years. New groups made to their top. Competition has never been so intense before, but Girls' Generation still manage to stay important in many hearts of people over the world. That's a blessing. But I have to admit letting you go was a mistake. And I want your absence to be temporary...."

Taeyeon looked up. "What do you mean?" she asked.

"Your passion for singing, I know it's still there...."   Lee points to his heart.


"He's right." Taeyeon thought. She thought she can get away from everything as long as she doesn't stay in Korea. But she's wrong. There are many things she couldn't forget. Her love for singing. Her members. Her passion. Her dream. And Sones...


"We need you back, Taeyeon. The nation misses you." 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The Practice Room

Ginger's back, Taeyeon ponders about what Lee Soo Man just told her.

To reinstate herself back to the team was not part of the plan she came back to Seoul. Taeyeon is back to attend Hyoyeon's wedding 3 days later. Yes, Hyoyeon, the first member of Girls' Generation to walk down the aisle.

But when Lee knew she's returning, he made an appointment with her. Taeyeon guessed it's about her comeback plans. But she stayed fingers-crossed about it. Her departure from S.M two years ago was a quiet and peaceful one. She knew Lee was disappointed. Her members were devastated. Sones were sad. A lot of people tried to talk her around. But still, she sticked to her decision to leave.


"Eh...."  Taeyeon startled when Ginger abruptedly jumped off from her.

"Ginger-ah, where are you going??"

Taeyeon followed.


Ginger leaded Taeyeon to a corner before Taeyeon lost sight of it.

"Ginger, where are you? Don't play hide and seek with Noona. Ginger-ah..."

Taeyeon looked around until she came to a practice room.
 

Wondering if Ginger has gone inside the room, Taeyeon gently pushed the door open.

"Sorry for interrupting, but...."

To her surprise, a tall young man walked up to her with Ginger in his arms.

 

"Taeyeon noona?!"

A deep voice called out to Taeyeon with a surprised look on his face which soon turned into a huge smile.


"Cha..Chanyeol....."

Taeyeon muttered as she brings on a smile on her face, forcefully.

No, Taeyeon wasn't prepared for this.

She was supposed to leave once she met Lee Soo Man. It wasn't in her plan to meet anyone else here.

And no, defnitely not EXO.

 

"Guys!! Look who's here!!"

Chanyeol shouted excitedly into the room while handling Ginger over to Taeyeon.

Taking over Ginger, she heard footsteps came tumping towards them.

Taeyeon's heart starts to beat faster, faster and faster.

 

"Bwoh!! Taeyeon noona!!"

"OMG!!!"

"Noona, you are back?!!"

A couple of voices called out excitedly when they met her.

Sehun, Jongin, a couple of chinese members.....

Apparently, not everyone is here.

 

"Noona, are you returning to S.M?"

"We heard alot of stories after you left. But we aren't sure and we aren't suppose to ask or discuss about it."

"Are you back for good??"

Questions came flying in before Taeyeon can answer any of them. But it's obvious their tone turned softer when they asked about it. Seems like it's true that they aren't suppose to discuss the topic among themselves.
 

"Ah~ the rest of the members are practicing somewhere else." Jongin added.

"Yeah, let me inform them you are back!!" Chanyeol suggested as he tried to make his way out from the practice room.

But Taeyeon stopped him.

"It's fine, Chanyeol. Don't interrupt them. Besides, noona is leaving soon. It's really nice to see all of you again."


"Leaving??" Chanyeol crooked his brow.

"Deh. I was just dropping by to meet Lee Soo Man for some matters." Taeyeon explained.

"So does that mean noona is returning to SNSD?" Sehun asked.

"Are you??" Jongin added.

Taeyeon shook her head slightly as she hugged Ginger closer for warmth.

 


"We need you back, Taeyeon. The nation misses you......" 

"You don't have to give an answer now. Think about it during your stay. But I hope to hear from you before you leave..."
 
Lee Soo Man's words flashed across her mind again.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2015 Autumn

The Lounge Bar and Restaurant

Hyoyeon's Wedding Day 


It's finally Hyoyeon's wedding night. Only families and friends were invited. And of course, staffs and members of S.M are all here. All 9 girls finally gets reunited on this special day after two years of separation. 

The other 8 girls never blamed Taeyeon for leaving them. They respected her decision. But all of them were holding hopes that Taeyeon will change her mind one day when she has enough rest. And Jessica, she's always ready to pass the Leader torch back to Taeyeon once she comes back.

Adjusting her dress, Taeyeon was not being herself since the day started.

Her best friend, Tiffany noticed it.

 

"Are you feeling nervous??" Tiffany asked.

"I..I guess so. It's Hyoyeon's big day. I guess I'm getting nervous for the bride." Taeyeon jokedly replied.

"No, I don't think so..." Tiffany replied with a sharp stare.

Taeyeon looked to Tiffany and caught her staring.

"You are getting nervous because......."

Before Tiffany can finish her words, Taeyeon cuts her.

"Fany... erm... I'm getting some drinks outside. Excuse me."
 

 

The Hallway

Taeyeon finally made an escape from Tiffany.

Taking a sip of white wine, Taeyeon thought about what Tiffany was about to say.

However, something else got her attention.
 

A husky voice.

A husky laughter.

Taeyeon knew it.

The minute she decided she's coming back to Korea, she knew this will come.

It's him.


Taking in a small deep breath, Taeyeon turned to where that husky voice came from.

That smile, that pair of smiley eyes, that sharp jawlines, and the dark brunette hair.. the color she loved most on him.

She's right. It's him.


But he wasn't alone.

A girl is holding onto his arm.

Cute, pretty, fair-skin, small but not too thin..... it's the kind of woman he likes.

Taeyeon recognized her.

The girl who beatened her in many OST awards. 

The girl who beatened her in popularity lot before she left.

The girl who beatened her in everything, including the man she loves.

Jung Eunji.

 

Taeyeon thought she had put everything down.

She was confident she can take this graciously.

But she might be wrong.

Her feet is putting her down by weakling....

Her palms are shaking when she saw them approaching her direction....

Her heart cringed when she saw that girl talking and smiling sweetly to him..

 

"No, I can't do this.... yet."

Taeyeon turned around and made her way quickly out from the crowd.

Not knowing where exactly she can hide herself, she came across a balcony.

Without hesitation, Taeyeon opened the glass door and crossed onto the balcony.

 

The other side of the Hallway


"Hyung, why so late?" Chanyeol greeted the couple with a huge smile.

"Sorry, it's me. You know, women needs to doll herself for an occassion like this." Eunji replied on behalf.

"Worth the wait. You look great tonight, Eunji. You are making my friend very proud here."

Saying that, Chanyeol placed his arms over his best friend.

Byun Baekhyun.


"See, I'm making you proud..." 

Eunji jokingly hit onto Baekhyun's arm, while Baekhyun responded with his smiley eyes.

"Look who we have here. Miss Pretty and Mr Handsome." Suho and Minseok joined in the chat.

"Yah, Oppa. Stop teasing us." Eunji responded with a bubbly tone before leaving the guys alone to get a drink.

 

"Nice girl you have there. She's really hot." Minseok teased as they watched Eunji leaves.

"Stop eyeing Baek's girl. Let's talk about something more excited. There is one surprise I must announce!!" Chanyeol said with an excited tone.

"Surprise?? Why, you got yourself a new girl?" Suho asked.

"Pssf, that's not even anything surprising!" Minseok rolled his eyes.

 

Just as Suho and Minseok couldn't stop teasing Chanyeol, a passing figure from far caught Baekhyun's attention.

He could not believe his eyes.

"No, this is not true."

"I must be seeing things."

"Wait, why not? This is Hyoyeon noona's wedding. She could be back."

 

Baekhyun followed.

The trace leaded him to the balcony glass door.

Putting his delicate hands onto the knob....

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It has been two years.

She never thought she would fall in love with someone like him.

She never thought she would give her heart to someone younger than her.

But they were so alike. Stubborn and headstrong, silly and dumb.

They may look bubbly on the outside but in actual fact, they are the ones who think the most.

Their similiarities pull them together, but destiny push them apart.

She wasn't the one who he eventually ended up with.....

 

The door behind Taeyeon opened.

Turning around, what's greeting her is a face she has not seen for two years.

 

"It's really you." He said.

Taeyeon stayed quiet, while trying to figure out if she is just having a dream.

The cool breeze chilled her spine.

She realized this isn't a dream.


"Annyeong, how are you?" 

In the best possible tone, she asked him graciously.

"Fine. I guess." He replied with a slight sigh.

"How about you?" He asked as he took a step forward.


"I'm fine too, I guess." Taeyeon replied taking a small step backwards.

It was followed by an awkward silence.

None of them speaked. Only the breeze can be heard.


Baekhyun removed his coat. He took another step forward and tried to put it onto Taeyeon's shoulders.

But Taeyeon rejected.

"Don't..." She pushed his hands away gently.


Baekhyun took aback by her rejection.

"Mianhae. I was just......" 

"It's okay. I'm not cold." She cuts his words.


Baekhyun took back his coat and looked down.

"Wae?" He asked.

"Hmm? Wae? " Taeyeon asked.

"Why did you leave? Why did you leave without telling me.... personally?" Baekhyun asked.


Taeyeon turned around and looked at him.



Flashback to 2012 - 2013:

"Ah that fanboy of yours... he's so sweet to you."

"Look at him, he's so shy in front of Taeyeon."

"Baekhyun loves Taeyeon.......I mean look at him."

"Baekhyun only look at Taeyeon"

"Taeyeon, give Baekhyun a chance."

etc etc etc.

- From Netizens.


It didn't take Taeyeon too long to learn about this fanboy of hers. Her members alot. She likes him too. Not that kind of 'like' at that time. She just find him cute and small. Taeyeon treats him well too. Just like the way she treated all her fanboys.

But things changed as time goes. They became closer. Taeyeon love his dumbness, love his silly jokes and love how talkative he gets when he's excited. She doesn't usually like noisy guys but she enjoyed him talking. HIs voice and of course his amazing vocal. Taeyeon always has a soft spot for vocals. And she noticed herself paying more attention to him whenever exo is performing. It didn't take too long for Taeyeon to realize something else is developing within her.

Worried she might get the wrong feelings, Taeyeon held back her feelings for quite awhile. Hoping she could clear the air and not end up falling for someone younger and someone totally unexpected. But as months passed, things got more obvious when she felt unbearable when they were not meeting nor talking due to their busy schedules.

Taeyeon started to have this thought.  "Maybe I should give us a chance.....?"


Autumn 2013

Taeyeon visited the backstage of Music Bank.

She wanted to take the chance to root for exo's comeback.

But something unexpected happened.


Eunji: Oppa, don't joke. We all know you are carrying a torch for Taeyeon sunbaenim.

Baekhyun: That's a different matter. Of course I like SNSD. They are my labelmates and sunbaes from same company. I treat them like my idols. That's different from love.

Eunji: Same for Taeyeon sunbae??

Baekhyun: ..Erm... Deh. Of course! 

Eunji: Really?

Baekhyun: Happy with my answer? You will go out with me now?


Taeyeon never blamed Baekhyun.

She knew if weren't she herself dragging things on and ignored his feelings, things could be different.

She couldn't blame him for having a change of heart.

Or perhaps like what Baekhyun said, he never had feelings for her.

He just treated her as a senior, or an idol at most.

It was her own wishful thinking after all.
 

Flashback - Ends
 

"I left because I was tired....." Taeyeon replied with a smile.

"I was tired of the life being an idol. Not able to have freedom. Not able to be with the man I loved." She added.


"The man you loved?" Baekhyun asked.

"Deh. The man I loved." Taeyeon nodded with a cold smile.

"Do you still love Junsu sunbaenim?" Baekhyun asked carefully.


Taeyeon raised her head in surprise.

"Junsu oppa?" she said. 

Baekhyun nodded. But Taeyeon laughed.

"That was many many years ago. I stopped loving him since......" She stopped.


"Since.....?" Baekhyun awaiting her to finish her sentence.

"Nothing. It's not important now." Taeyeon smiled.

"Many years ago? Do you mean you stopped loving him way before two years ago?" Baekhyun asked.


Taeyeon turned to look into the night scenery of Seoul City.

"Of course. I was in love with someone else two years ago." She said.


"But that guy didn't know. And he doesn't deserve her love at all....." 

A voice interrupted them from behind. 

Both Baekhyun and Taeyeon didn't realize Tiffany was standing behind them.


"Kangin oppa they are here. And they are asking for you." Tiffany said to Taeyeon with her eyesmile.

Without saying another word, Tiffany pulled Taeyeon out from the balcony and pushed her into the crowd.

Leaving behind just Baekhyun and herself on the balcony.


"Well, hope you enjoy yourself tonight." Tiffany said with a forced smile after a short silence between them.

Before she took her leave, Baekhyun stopped her.

"Noona, do you know who that guy is? I mean the guy Taeyeon noona like before she left two years ago?" He asked.

Tiffany stared at him for awhile.


"Mianhae, I know I was being nosy." Baekhyun explained.

"There must be a reason you are asking this..." Tiffany said.

"Tell me why and I'll tell you who she liked...." she added.

 

Baekhyun couldn't find a reason.

"Then I'm sorry. Baekhyunnie." Tiffany turned around and walked away.

Just when Baekhyun was about gave up, he heard something from Tiffany.

 

The wedding march starts.

Tiffany quickly makes her way into the crowd where everyone's clapping and cheering for the bride and groom.

But Baekhyun stood freezed.

"What will happen if I say that guy is you....."
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oppa, what are you doing here?!"

Eunji finally found her lost boyfriend standing alone on the balcony

"Come with me. It's bouquet tossing time!!" Eunji pulled Baekhyun into the crowd and tried to make her way into the line of bouquet tossing.


Hyoyeon the bride took her place and tossed the bouquet into the crowd. The single girls jumped and snatched for the bouquet. But that bouquet landed on someone who's even not in the line.

"Ah!! Congratulation Taeyeon unnie!!!!" Hyoyeon announced. 

Everyone looked to Taeyeon's direction. Noticed all attention on herself, Taeyeon awkwardly raised the bouquet and waved it to the crowd.

 

Not used to attention after two years of normal life, Taeyeon tried to disappear herself from the crowd.

This time she slipped her way to the garden outside the ballroom.

Holding onto the bouquet, Taeyeon put her face closer to smell the scent.

 

"It's your favorite color, purple."

A husky voice came from behind.

Taeyeon turned around and saw Baekhyun walking over.


"Deh, my favorite color purple." Taeyeon agreed with a smile.

"Why are you out here? Shouldn't you be inside with your partner?" She asked.

Baekhyun forced a smile and looked down.


"Take this." Taeyeon stretched her arms with the bouquet.

Baekhyun looked up at the flowers with his brows knitted.

"Wae??" He asked.

"Seems like Eunji wanted this very much. Take this and give it to her."  Taeyeon suggested.


Baekhyun bit his lips and shook his head.

"It's yours. You should keep it." He said.

"Nevermind. It's okay. This bouquet seems more meaningful for her than me."

Upon saying that, Taeyeon took Baekhyun's hand and placed the bouquet onto it.


"Is it true?" Baekhyun asked abruptly.

Taeyeon looked up in surprise.

"What true?" she asked.


Baekhyun cleared his throat.

"You knew it right from the start, didn't you?" He asked.

"Know what?" Taeyeon looked up and asked back.

"Knew that I always have a crush on you...."


Taeyeon blinked her eyes at the sudden words coming out from Baekhyun's mouth.

"Bwoh... what are you talking about??" Taeyeon trying to shove it away with a laugh.

"You knew it. Don't lie." Baekhyun said.


Taeyeon sighed and looked away with an embarassed smile.

"Then..... could there be a chance that you did like me back?"

Baekhyun asked softly.


That question caught Taeyeon in silence.

Baekhyun looked down at her face.

"What Tiffany noona said was true right? It was me...."


Taeyeon looked up at Baekhyun in silence.

Their eyes met.


"Why didn't you tell me?"  Baekhyun asked with his soft husky voice.

"Or rather, why didn't I feel it....."

"And why did you just leave like that?"

"Wae??"

 

"Bacause you have Eunji."

Taeyeon cuts his questionings.
 

"I was just a senior to you."

"I was just an idol to you."

"It's different from love."

"You said these, remember?"


Baekhyun mouth opened with surprise.

"How did you know...."

"How did you know I said these..."

"How...."


Taeyeon bit her lips and interrupts him again.

"Cause I knew."

"I was there."

"I was there when you asked Eunji out."

"And that's when I realized I got everything wrong......."


Baekhyun brows knitted even more.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know..."

"We were young. And we were childish. I asked her out because my members challenged me."

"I knew it wasn't right so we didn't date right away."

"We only began last year. .."

"One year after you left..... "

"I thought you will never come back, so I..."
 

Taeyeon's eyes reddened.

"One year after I left..."

Taeyeon then forced a smile.

"Perhaps it's destined."

"You two were meant for each other either way. Be it two years ago or one year ago."


Baekhyun looked down at the bouquet in his hands.

"Take this to her." Taeyeon said it again.

"How about you? Are you leaving after this?" Baekhyun asked.

"You are not returning to SNSD anymore?"

 

Taeyeon shook her head. 

"Not anymore."

 

Taeyeon took her steps away from Baekhyun.

"I wish you and Eunji well. Baekhyun."

"Help noona tell the others I'm leaving...."

"Annyeong, Byun Baekhyun."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Say you're sorry

That face of an angel comes out just when you need it to

As I paced back and forth all this time

'Cause I honestly believed in you

 

Holding on, the days drag on

Stupid girl, I should have known

I should have known

 

That I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairytale

I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet

Lead her up the stairwell

 

This ain't Hollywood, this is a small town

I was a dreamer before you went and let me down

Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around

 

Baby I was naive

Got lost in your eyes and never really had a chance

My mistake, I didn't know that to be in love

You had to fight to have the upper hand

 

I had so many dreams about you and me

Happy endings, now I know

 

That I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairytale

I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet

Lead her up the stairwell

 

This ain't Hollywood, this is a small town

I was a dreamer before you went and let me down

Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around

 

And there you are on your knees

Begging for forgiveness, begging for me

Just like I always wanted, but I'm so sorry

 

'Cause I'm not your princess, this ain't a fairytale

I'm gonna find someone someday who might actually treat me well

This is a big world, that was a small town

There in my rearview mirror disappearing now

 

And it's too late for you and your white horse

Now it's too late for you and your white horse to catch me now

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for not updating for so long....

One short story for you after months. Again a sad ending...

I really can't find inspiration for a HE lately. 

Mianhae.

Hope you still like it. =)