- What's Missing?

||| Short Stories - Angst, Sad, Fluffy etc |||

 

 

 

 

Looking into the mirror, he make sure his hair is perfectly fixed and his face cleanly shaved. "I'm actually very good-looking. I hope she sees it too." He said to himself with a satisfied smile. Finally, after an hour of preparation, Baekhyun is ready to go for his date. He is surprised when she asked him out for dinner alone. It has been almost 2 months since they last met, or rather last talked. She has been busy with her arena tours in Japan. A few times, he manage to catch quick glimpses of her in the company, but the girls' schedule are so tight that they don't even have time to stop and say hi properly.

The arena tours has finally came to an end. The girls are back to Korea and tonight, he is meeting her in a public place for dinner. They have never done that before. Usually they will just hang out in the company, or occasionally she will drop by his dorm. But lately, she stopped coming over ever since the number of sasaeng fans stalking at EXO's apartment increased.

"Will people spot us? What if fans saw us and took pictures? Will we appear on the gossip news?" He thought to himself. "What to do if we really appear on articles? What should I say if the media asked me about it?" Baekhyun touched his chin as he ponders. "But I can't possibly reject the invitation because of all these concerns. I mean, it's certainly worth a risk to have a one-to-one dinner with her. I guessed I'm the only one who get this privilege in my group so far... she said I'm the closest to her, right?" His mind just kept going on and on in the taxi.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

Waiter: Sir, reservation for you?

"Erm.. yeah, reservation by Kim Taeyeon". Baekhyun naturally lowered his head and raised his hands to touch his nose as he talks. He is not used to going out alone without his manager hyung and s with him. He is concious that people might tell he's a member from EXO, and that he's  meeting SNSD's leader for dinner.


Waiter: This way please...

Baekhyun followed. He is relieved to see the waiter behaving indifferently to him. Probably he is not that well-known yet, or perhaps the lightings here are too dim. But then, that waiter can surely tell who Kim Taeyeon is. Who doesn't know the kid leader of SNSD? So, Baekhyun still needs to stay discreet as he entered the restaurant.

Soon, he noticed a beautiful young lady from far. indeed a member from the national girl group, she twinkles in the dark. A grin flashed across Baekhyun's face when he sees her. However, that grin diminished shortly. Taeyeon is not alone. She is with someone else. Next to her is a man and he seems to be on very close term with Taeyeon. And there is a young girl sitting opposite to them. Baekhyun slow down his pace as he watched. Thinking he might have make a mistake, he was about to turn away and leave. But Taeyeon already noticed his presence.


Taeyeon stood up and wave at him. Baekhyun smiled and hesitantly walked over to where she is. He briefly browsed at the man and the girl before greeting them with a slight bow. He saw Taeyeon clinching her arms onto the man's. Baekhyun's mind became more confused. "So this isn't a one-to-one dinner? Who are they? They look kinda familiar though. And most importantly, who that man is?" He thought to himself.

"Why keep yourself standing? Take a seat."  Taeyeon offered him a seat. Baekhyun awkwardly took the seat beside the teenage girl, across Taeyeon. He raised his head and found that man scanning at him. "You are right. He's actually very good-looking in person." That man commented. Startled by the sudden words from the stranger, Baekhyun turned his eyes to Taeyeon. "I told you." Taeyeon jokingly replied that man with her arms on his shoulder. 


"Annyeong Haseyo, Hayeon imnida." The teenage girl beside him speaked. Baekhyun was taken back abit, "Annyeong Haseyo. Baekhyun imnida."  He quickly responded. "I know your name already. Baekhyun oppa from EXO-K."  She smiled and replied. "Oppa?" Baekhyun felt weird when that girl addressed him as oppa on their first meeting.

"I grant her the rights to address you oppa." Taeyeon noticed and explained casually. Baekhyun looked at Taeyeon before he turned to look at that girl again. The teenage girl is cute with her delicate features and she does look familiar. But Baekhyun couldn't recall where he had met her before. "Eh-hem, Baekhyun-ah, I know she's pretty but you don't have to stare at her like this." Taeyeon interrupted. Baekhyun quickly turned to Taeyeon and defended, "I'm not...."


"Stop teasing him, you are making him awkward." That man beside Taeyeon finally speaked. Baekhyun turned and looked at him. He is fair, bright, has a nice smile and milky skin. Again, Taeyeon's hand is placed on him casually. "Erh... namja chingu?" Baekhyun asked. "He is noona's boyfriend?". He asked again. There was a short silence before the other 3 of them broke into laughter. The smile on that man's face is especially huge. "Annyeong Haseyo, Jiwoong imnida." He introduced himself. "I'm a few years older than you, so you can address me hyung." He added with a smile. Baekhyun nodded with a slight bow.

"Baekhyun-ah, meet my family... Ta-dah~"


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Your real brother?" Baekhyun breaks into a huge laughter. "Mianhae, I thought he is your boyfriend. I should have noticed it cause you two really look alike." He apologized. "No problem. Taeyeon did that on purpose to make you feel awkward. You should know how dorky my sister is by now."  Jiwoong replied. "And you, Hayeon. I thought I knew you from somewhere cause you looked really familiar." Baekhyun turned to Hayeon. 

"That's a lousy pick up line, Baekhyun!" Taeyeon interrupted. "My sister is only sixteen years old. Don't even try to have any thoughts on her." She added with an evil stare. "No, that wasn't what I meant." Baekhyun defended. "Now I get why I find her familiar, cause she is your younger sister and the three of you certainly has resemble looks." he explained.

It didn't take Baekhyun too long to feel comfortable with Taeyeon's family. The four of them engaged in chats and laughters over their buffet dinner. Baekhyun has no idea why he was been introduced to her family. Though he was disappointed it wasn't a date that he has expected, but it isn't bad at all. He is having a good time with her siblings.

 

"Baekhyun-ah, I leave Hayeon with you. Oppa and I going to get the desserts. Take care of her, and don't you dare to have any designs on her." Taeyeon warned as she hit on his shoulder. "Arasso!!!" Baekhyun replied faking a sad face. "You do have a fierce unnie, don't you?" He commented jokingly to Hayeon as he watched Taeyeon walking off with her oppa. "She is really an ahjumma at home. Many times worse than what you have seen." Hayeon replied with a smile. "Really?" Baekhyun asked. "Besides, we have a huge so she is like another mother to me." she added. "Uhmm... I have an older brother too. He is 7 years older and it's great to have someone older to guide and take care of you. You are lucky. You have an older brother and a successful older sister." Baekhyun said. 


Jiwoong walked closer to Taeyeon and start whispering to her as he watched Baekhyun and Hayeon from far. "Taeyeon, you are not trying to setup our baby sister with that boy right?" he asked. Taeyeon returned him a surprised look. "Oppa, what are you talking about?"  She exclaimed. "They seem to enjoy each other's accompany. And this is worrying. I would never allow Hayeon to date an idol." Jiwoong added. "C'mon. I'm not setting up her with any boys. She hasn't reach the age to date yet. Besides, not every idol is a player. At least I believe Baekhyun is not." Taeyeon explained.

Jiwoong wasn't convinced. "Then why are we having dinner with him? We came all the way from Jeonju and you set up a dinner together with him. This means something.... isn't it?" He asked further. Taeyeon simply ignored her brother's questioning. Jiwoong suddenly stopped his feet. "Don't tell me... you are the one who is dating him?? That's why you wanted us to meet him?!" He almost shouted out.

Taeyeon hit on her brother's arms and scoffs. "C'mon, he is younger than me." Jiwoong bit his lips. "So what if he is younger? It's not like he is 10 years younger than you. Besides my sister has a baby face, no one can tell." He jokingly commented. "I asked him out because I wanted you all to meet him. He is the person I trusted most from my company, and I think you guys will get along very well." Taeyeon explained and looked over to Baekhyun and her sister who are chatting happily. "Besides, if he and Hayeon can work out.... it's not too bad. He's like a younger brother to me anyway.... so sounds like a good idea if he becomes my brother-in-law one day. But then, we all have to wait until Hayeon turns 20..." 
 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"My unnie said you are her favourite dongsaeng." Hayeon commented. "Really?" Baekhyun asked. Hayeon nodded. "It has been so long since she is in this industry and she never bring any guys out to meet us like this. I think she really likes you..." Hearing that from Hayeon, a small smile appeared on Baekhyun's face. He is pleased to hear that he is the only guy Taeyeon brought to meet her family. It also means she puts in alot of trust on him. "Oppa, how about you? Do you like unnie?" Hayeon asked back. Baekhyun was taken back by the question. "You must like unnie alot for her to treat you so well." She continued.

Baekhyun paused. What kind of like does Hayeon means? He turned his head to watch Taeyeon from far. He knew all these while she just treats him like a younger brother, nothing else. Baekhyun looked down with a little disappointment. "Of course I like her. She is my favourite sunbae and noona. She has been taking good care of me and my group since debut. And I respect and admires her talent. She is a good role model." Baekhyun replied with a smile. Hayeon nods as she listens. "That's it?" she asked. Baekhyun looked up in surprised and nodded. "Then I'm disappointed. I thought there is a possibility that you are dating my unnie." She claimed. "Unnie has always want to date. But she couldn't find a chance to. Finally she bring us to meet someone, and I think you are a cool guy. It's a pity two of you are just friends." Hayeon added.

Hearing that, Baekhyun let out a small laughter. "Is that really what you think?" he asked. Hayeon nodded. Baekhyun his lips and look at her with a smirk. "Alright, I promised I will consider that seriously, since I have the support of her younger sister now." Baekhyun jokingly commented as he Hayeon's hair.


"Byun Baekhyun!!! What do you think you are doing??" Taeyeon caught him touching her younger sister and quickly walked over to obstruct by hitting on his hand. "Unnie, can you please be more lady-like." Hayeon defended. "No wonder you can't get a boyfriend." She added. Taeyeon eyes widened. "What?? You guys just knew each other for less than an hour, and you are defending for him already?"  Taeyeon complained. "Baekhyun-ah, did you get my sis mesmerized over your greasy words coming from that sweet little mouth of yours?" She questioned. "I didn't do anything. That charm is just within me." Baekhyun replied jokingly with a cheeky smile.
 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The dinner ends. Baekhyun had a great time with Taeyeon and her siblings. It's not unexpected since Hayeon and Jiwoong share the same personality as Taeyeon's - down to earth, straightforward, funny and they are all dorks like himself. It's nice to have a family like this. He doesn't feel like a celebrity when he is mixing with them because they didn't look at him differently. Perhaps they are used to having a mega celebrity at home.


"Are you heading back to the dorm?" Taeyeon asked Baekhyun. "Erm nope. I need to join the other guys for some midnight trainings." he said. "Really? You guys are so hardworking. You really need to take care. Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated." Taeyeon adviced. "Don't worry about me. I can take care of myself."  Baekhyun smiled and assured Taeyeon. Jiwoong walked over and placed his arms over Baekhyun. "Bro, I will walk to the taxi stand with you. Taeyeon's car can only take two pax. She is bringing Hayeon and I'm coming with you."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"It's tough being an idol right?" Jiwoong asked. "Deh. It's tough, but it's a job I wanted to do since I was 13 years old." Baekhyun smiled. Jiwoong nodded. "It's also Taeyeon's dream since young. But not so much as an idol, but as a real singer. She really likes to sing and she is gifted with the talent." Jiwoong said. "You must be proud to have a sister like her." Baekhyun said with a smile. "Deh, my whole family is proud of her.... but...." Jiwoong hesitated. "But what?" Baekhyun asked. "But we are worried too. My sister is one who likes to bottle up her feelings and emotions to herself. We know she gave up alot to get to where she is today. She can't have fun during teenage years. She hardly date when she enters adulthood. All her prime years are dedicated to her job. I know she isn't pleased about that but she still has to do what she needs to do....."


Baekhyun stopped his feet and looked at Jiwoong. "Erh, sorry I shouldn't be saying these to you. I almost forgot you are an idol too." Jiwoong laughed at himself. "No, that's not what I mean." Baekhyun shook his head. "I'm glad you are sharing these with me. That means you trusted me. I'm thankful for that. Besides, I'd like to know more about noona." He explained himself. Jiwoong smiled. "I know she made a lot of good friends, unnies, dongsaengs and oppas from S.M. That's a good thing. At least I know you guys are taking care of her when she is not with her family." Jiwoong said. 


Both of them continue their walk to the taxi stand. "Baekhyun-ah.." Jiwoong called. "Uhmm?" Baekhyun looked up. "Since you are so close to Taeyeon, any idea is she seeing someone now?" Jiwoong asked. Looking at Baekhyun's surprised face, Jiwoong let out a small laugh. "I know it's an abrupt question but I'm curious. I have heard a lot of stories. But Taeyeon re-assured me more than once she isn't involved in any of those scandals we saw on news. But isn't it weird that she is not seeing anyone even after so long?" Jiwoong asked.

Baekhyun looked down. "Mianhae, I don't think I can help in this." he said. Jiwoong responded with a smile. "Ah it's okay. I understand. I don't want to put you in a difficult position too." He said. "No, it's not that I can't tell. It's just that I'm not sure either." Baekhyun explained. Jiwoong nods as he listens. 


"So....how about you?" Jiwoong asked. "Me?" Baekhyun caught in surprised. "Do you really see my sister as a noona? Just a noona?" Jiwoong questioned. Baekhyun stunned at the directness of the question. No words came out from his mouth. Jiwoong just looked at him waiting for an answer. They are siblings indeed. Hayeon got him just now, and now Jiwoong puts him in tougue-tied with a similar question.

Jiwoong let out a laugh. "I knew it. I knew it means something. If not, why would she asked you out for dinner with us." Jiwoong said with a grin. "Erh no, I don't think she mean anything. It was just a dinner. Maybe because we haven't meet for a long time so......" Baekhyun tried to explain. "But then why you? She doesn't have much time for other people too. But why ask you in particular?" Jiwoong placed his arms over Baekhyun's shoulder. "I know my sister too well. She is never good at expressing her feelings. She might thought she just treat you as a brother. But who knows? Get what I mean??" Jiwoong asked as he took a look at Baekhyun. "You think about it yourself...." He then gave a pat on Baekhyun's shoulder before he boards the next oncoming taxi.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Unnie, he is cute." Hayeon commented. "Cute?" Taeyeon asked as she focused on her driving. "That oppa is cute. I get why you adore him so much." Hayeon added. Taeyeon laughed and took a glance at her younger sister. "Wow, looks like our Hayeon's heart is stolen by someone." Taeyeon . "Yah! That's not what I mean." Hayeon defended. "It's okay to have that kind of feelings at your age. It's normal. But you'll have to wait for a few more years before you can get into any relationships." Taeyeon instructed.

"Don't worry about me. You should worry about yourself." Hayeon sister back. "What? Is that how you talk to your sister?" Taeyeon laughed. "I know who Baekhyun oppa is interested in. And it's definitely not me." Hayeon added. Taeyeon knitted her brows with smile. "Did you two became that close that he tells you who he likes??" Taeyeon asked. Hayeon signed. "He doesn't have to tell. It's written all over his face." 

Hayeon looked at her sister. "Didn't you notice it, unnie?" she asked. "Noticed what?" Taeyeon asked. "The way Baekhyun oppa looks at you." Hayeon said. "The way what?" Taeyeon asked again. "Trust me, he doesn't just treat you as a noona. He likes you." Hayeon claimed. That comment shocked Taeyeon who e-brake her car by mistake. "Unnie!!! That is dangerous!!!" Hayeon exclaimed. Taeyeon quickly get herself together and restart the car engine.


Taeyeon sighed. "Stop saying nonsense. See, you almost scared the hell out of me!" she complained. Hayeon laughed. "That's because I got you!!" Taeyeon shook her head and furrowed her brows. "You like him too right?" Hayeon asked. Taeyeon did not answer straightaway. "Silence means consent. I got you again!!" Hayeon almost cheered out. "Shut your mouth, I'm trying to focus on my driving here." Taeyeon warned. "I really don't get you adults. Can't you be more honest with your feelings?" Hayeon added.

Noticed nothing but silence from her sister, Hayeon decided to zip before she gets more scoldings from her. It was until a few moments of silence before Taeyeon decided to talk. "It's not that I can't be honest with my feelings...." Hayeon startled by her sister's sudden confession. "You are still young. To you, it might seem easy to just love or not. But the fact is, there are alot of other considerations." Taeyeon explained with a serious tone.

"Is it because of your job that you can't date?" Hayeon asked with concern. Taeyeon shook her head. "It's not that. But I need to be careful with who I choose to date. It's not as easy as you think." she explained. "How about Baekhyun oppa? Can't you date him?" Hayeon asked. That question brings in another long silence. Taeyeon's car finally reached the hotel. But Hayeon was reluctant  to alight. Taeyeon knew she is still waiting and finally gave her what she wants. "Hayeon, not that I can't date him. It's just that..... Baekhyun deserved someone better...." 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

After Hayeon alighted from the car, Taeyeon drove her way back to the dorm. On the way, Hayeon's words kept appearing in her mind that it almost gets into her own nerves. On one hand, she finds it ridiculous that Hayeon, and even her brother JIwoong thought she is dating Baekhyun, a man three years younger, a man whom she never thought of anything more than a little brother. On the other hand, she is amazed by the fact that both her siblings seems to be very fond of Baekhyun. To the extend that her little sister wished she is dating him. Perhaps that's what Baekhyun is good at... winning trust and likings from people. And that trait of Baekhyun is also exactly what is keeping Taeyeon from having feelings for him.

Baekhyun is cute, fun, crazy at times, dorky most of the time and yet, he is kind, sensible and hardworking at the same time. Taeyeon can keep going down the list to name his good points. Everyone in S.M likes him. He is well-loved by all fans. He seldom get antis. He is popular among both es and he is always well-liked wherever he goes. A perfect man like him deserved a perfect woman. And Taeyeon knew she is definitely not one...

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Without realizing, Taeyeon's car came to a familiar place. A place where she spent her last 9 years working hard and get to where she is today - S.M Entertainment. Looking out from the windscreen, Taeyeon bit her lower lips and stared at the building. She doesn't know how she ended up here. She was supposed to return to the dorm. It must be what has been ocuppying her mind that distracted her and subconciously brings her here. Hitting on her forehead with her wrist, "Kim Taeyeon, stop thinking about things that will never happen. Just ignore whatever Hayeon said and get back to your life!!" She thought to herself. Taeyeon stepped onto the accelerator and was about to leave the place, but she held back. Having a second thought. Taeyeon decided to park her car and take a look inside.


Strolling her way in, she greets some staffs and took a brief look at the notice board to keep updated with the latest news and schedules of her labelmates. Still unsure of her destination, Taeyeon took a turn and approaches the lift. She hit on level 6, where most of the time SNSD have their practices. Exiting the lift, she walks through the corridor. Loud music and foot noises from dance steps, she can hear them as she walked along the aisle. Must be the trainees or her labelmates still working hard for their performances or comeback stages. Taeyeon peeped and looked as she strolls, until she eventually walked to the end of the corridor. She finally stopped and realized she has no reasons to be here. Letting out a loud sigh, she turned around and head back to the lift.

Before she reaches the elevator, noises coming from the other end of the floor caught her attention. Taeyeon lifts her head to find familiar faces approaching her direction. Taeyeon randomly hide herself at a corner. Standing there, she starts questioning her own weird behavior. Those are her dongsaengs, and one of them is close to her like a brother. Why is there a need to hide? Why can't she just approach them and say hi like she usually does?


"What are you doing here?" A loud voice interrupted Taeyeon's thoughts. "Donghae oppa..." Donghae's presence caught Taeyeon by surprise. He smiled and pulled her out from the corner, not realizing she is hiding herself from the EXO boys. And so, both of them are soon welcomed by their on-coming hoobaes. "Hyung....Taeyeon noona?" Baekhyun the first to call out when he saw them. "Noona, why are you here? I didn't know you are returning to company."  Baekhyun asked. Taeyeon was tougue-tied, because she has no idea why she is here too. 

"Great!! Since so many of us are here, let's go for a supper before you guys returned for more trainings. My treat!" Donghae suggested. All of them agreed to it almost instantly. Except Taeyeon who hesitated. "Oppa, count me out. I just had a heavy dinner." She rejected. "Ah... I know I know, you girls need to pay attention to your figure. SNSD's image management right? Arasso!!." Donghae teased. Taeyeon hit his arms and scoffs at his teasing. Soon, Donghae leads the boys into the lift and all of them vanished from her sight.
 

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Left behind by her labelmates, Taeyeon walked alone towards the exit of the building. Dragging her own feets, Taeyeon still pondering over her weird behavior when she saw the EXO boys just now. When she was about to tap on the sliding main door, a sudden call from behind startled her. Taeyeon stopped and turned around to scan the lobby.

 "Noona!!"

"Baekhyun?"

Taeyeon's head titled with surprised when she saw Baekhyun walking towards her .


Taeyeon: I thought you left with the rest?

Baekhyun: (smile) We had the same dinner, remember? I'm now as full as you, so I decided not to join them. (touches his stomach like an old man)

Taeyeon: (burst into a small laughter) Stop doing that. You look like an ahjusshi.

Baekhyun: (laugh cheekily) Look who's talking now? Taengoo ahjumma!!

Taeyeon: Aigoo that's rude! Is that how you can talk to a sunbae?! 

Taeyeon knitted her brows and hit hard on Baekhyun's arm.

The latter cringed at the pain and stepped away from Taeyeon.


Baekhyun: (rubbing his arm) Hayeon is right. You need to be more lady-like. Otherwise you won't get a boyfr....."  

Baekhyun stopped.

Taeyeon: (stare) Boy... what?

Baekhyun: Erm nothing. (look up at the ceiling; acting oblivious) Oh yeah, I also heard you are a much worse ahjumma at home, is it true? 

Taeyeon: (look at him with widened eyes) What?! Must be Hayeon.....what did she said to you??


Baekhyun didn't answer.

He gave Taeyeon a cheeky smile before he turn away and jog back into the building.

Taeyeon widened in disbelief, and start running after Baekhyun.


"What else did that girl tell you?! You better out with everything!!!"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Baekhyun came to the rooftop of S.M building. The weather is nice since Korea is entering Spring. The air is cooling and fresh. Taking in a deep breath, Baekhyun received a hit on his back. "So what else did Hayeon said?!" Taeyeon finally catches up while panting hard after the run. Baekhyun didn't say anything but just flashed another naughty smirk on his face.

"C'mon tell me." Taeyeon insisted. Baekhyun bit his lips as he considers it seriously. "Promise me you won't get angry after I tell you." He said. Taeyeon still catching her breath as she nods, "I promised." Baekhyun smiled and turned to his back, browsing the beautiful night scenery of Seoul. "Hayeon thought we are dating each other." He said. "What?! That girl......" Taeyeon folded her arms and couldn't believe Hayeon actually said that to Baekhyun. "But I told her we are not , and she said she is disappointed." Baekhyun added and turned around facing Taeyeon. 


"Disappointed?" She muttered. Baekhyun nodded. "She said it's a pity that we are just friends." He raised his head looking at Taeyeon. Taeyeon felt it and look away. "Erh, don't listen to her rubbish. You don't have to be bothered by her words." Taeyeon claimed as she tried to hide the awkwardness on her face. 


Baekhyun bit his lips and stuffed his hands into his pockets. 

"In fact, I think she has a point." 


Taeyeon stared at him in surprised.  

"What??" 
 

Baekhyun stepped closer.

"I have been thinking about this.... what's missing?" 

Taeyeon knitted her brows and blinked into blank.


"What is missing between us?" Baekhyun asked.

"We get along well. We always have countless topics to talk about. We can chat non-stop each time we meet. We enjoy each other's accompany. We are happy with each other. So what is missing? What is keeping us from the possibility to d...date each other?"


Taeyeon stood freezed on the spot. She has no answer to any of Baekhyun's questions. All along, she thought of him only as a younger brother. She doesn't even dare to think anything more than that... until... probably until her oppa and Hayeon started talking about it. But again, what's got into everyone today? Firstly, it was Jiwoong who mistaken her dating Baekhyun, then it was Hayeon who insisted she should date Baekhyun, and now even Baekhyun himself is talking about it.


As she thought, she felt Baekhyun stepping closer. Taeyeon looked up and found her eyes meeting his. She tried to turn away but Baekhyun stopped her. "I know this might scare you, but that isn't totally impossible right?" he asked.

Taeyeon didn't answer. She just turned away watching afar in silence. 


Watching her back, Baekhyun heart sank. It was after a few minutes of silence before he decided to break it. "Mianhae, I should have know this would make you uncomfortable. Don't worry about it. Just take it I never said it. I promised I will never ever mentioned it again."  Baekhyun said apologetically.

Hearing that, Taeyeon turned around biting her lips.

"Don't say sorry. It isn't your fault." She said. "It's my problem." Taeyeon added. "You are right. We are good. We get along well and everything seems right. But I don't know what's missing too." She said. "Perhaps it's because I'm older than you. So it just came naturally that I want to take care of you and be good to you. I'm not sure if that implies anything but I have never think about it before. Besides, there are so many better and younger girls around you. You surely make better couples with them so...."


"So.... is that a no? Are you rejecting me?" Baekhyun asked. Taeyeon paused and looked down at her feet. "If you keep quiet, I will take it that I still stand a chance." Baekhyun said. Taeyeon looked up and blink her eyes into blank again. Her mind is in a complete mess now. She can't think of an absolute yes or no.


Looking at Taeyeon who's in a confused state..... "Or maybe I can help?" Baekhyun asked. Taeyeon looked up to find him approaching her nearer. "How about this?" He asked. "What..." Before Taeyeon can finished her words, Baekhyun pressed his lips onto hers. Taeyeon shrinked abit when she felt the lips, but she didn't pull away. She allow the kiss to go on even though she didn't return it. It was until Baekhyun who slowly pulled away from the kiss.

"Do you have a better idea now?" He asked softly.

Seeing Taeyeon staring into blank and receiving no answer from her, Baekhyun plucked up his courage again and leaned in for another kiss. This time, he gently placed his arms around her and pulled Taeyeon closer. The kiss went on.... but still Taeyeon didn't return it although her lips feel less tense now. It was Baekhyun again who pulled away from the second kiss. 


"I can go on like this forever if you don't stop me..." He said while looking into her eyes.


"Uncertainty, insecurity, worried" - this is what Baekhyun see in Taeyeon's eyes. He knows she is still unsure. But it's not a bad thing. At least she is still considering it and not reject him straightaway. At least she didn't push him away when he initiated two kisses without asking for her permissions. At least....... she is still standing here with him even after what he just did.


"Why me?"

Taeyeon finally talked.

"Why someone as imperfect as me? Why someone so much older than you?" 
 

Removing strands of hair away from her face, Baekhyun smiled. "No one is perfect. None of us is perfect." He said. "But Kim Taeyeon, you are the leader of the nation's most successful girl group, you are gifted with one of the most touching vocals in the world, you carry the most unpredictable yet interesting personality, and you have one of the most priceless smile. You have almost everything a person yearn for the whole life. You can't be greedy, you know." Baekhyun added.


"But I am olde...."

Before she finished, Baekhyun cuts her words.

"Don't even get me started on the age. I mean you look like 18 when you are 25 years old. Do you know how many people ou there are jealous of you? Because of that, I need to act childish to make sure I don't look too much older than you!" Baekhyun joked.

A small smile finally appeared on Taeyeon's face.

And Baekhyun noticed it.


"So is that a yes?" Baekhyun asked.

Taeyeon quickly kept her smile.


Baekhyun held her hands and pulled her in for a hug. Taeyeon obliged. "Can I have a request?" Baekhyun asked as he tighten his arms around Taeyeon. "Can we really have a one-to-one dinner someday?" He requested. Taeyeon pull away from the hug and looked up. "You don't know how disappointed I was when I found out it wasn't a date at all." He complained. Taeyeon let out a small laughter. "How can you say that? Didn't you have a great time with my brother and sister?"

"Yes, but do you know how much time I spent fixing my hair today because I thought it was a date?" He said. "I didn't even spend that much time on my hair during my comeback show."  He added with a smirk. Taeyeon returned a smile and discreetly reached her hands to mess up his hair before she ran away.

"WT... I fixed that hair for the whole afternoon!!!"


Baekhyun catches up from behind and wrapped her into a back hug.

He whispered into her ears, "I owe it to your brother and sister. If it wasn't for them, I might really think I'm contented by just being a good dongsaeng to you. It's them who makes me realized I'm more greedy than that...."


Baekhyun turned Taeyeon around so she is facing him now.

"Can I take it a yes now? Kim Taeyeon?"  

"I believe together we can find that missing piece and be really happy if we want to. Let's make it happen.... okay?"

 



  - STORY ENDS -

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally an update  =)

Please kindly leave a comment.... and remember to stay subscribed.

I'm need more inspirations to continue with this project....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~