Awkward?

Luck And You

 

Jaeun’s eyes widened as L’s lips fell on hers by accident.

She immediately pushed L up and stood up, fixing herself. She looked at L who was still on the floor, having difficulty standing up.

She stared at him in shock for about 10 minutes first before helping him get up. She even hesitated on holding him.

But, nah, she had to set those awkward feelings aside.

“Hey,” She called. “Take my hand.” She said as she extended her hand for L to reach.

However, L was too weak to even look at her. He didn’t even want to move. Because he can’t.

Jaeun sighed and bent down to help him stand up. “Please, Myungsoo. Endure this for a while.” She said as she used all her strength to help L get up.

Surprisingly, she had lifted L to his room.

She tucked him in bed and made him comfortable. She checked his temperature and he positively has fever.

She sighed as she opened his closet to look for a spare of cloth or towel to use for him.

Damn. Jaeun never felt so caring about a person before.

Not to mention to the person who she has been hating on for quite some time now because of his bickers.

She immediately ran to get some basin to wet the cloth.

She stared at L who was looking really helpless today. “Helpless, Death Note Kid.” She mumbled as she placed the wet cloth on L’s forehead.

She sighed as she stared at L’s face.

She unknowingly started scrutinizing his features.

His long lashes.

His perfect nose.

His soft lips.

Then, Jaeun felt this feeling of weirdness again.

She felt her heart beat faster by the time her eyes set on L’s lips. She remembered that her first kiss was taken just a while back.

She couldn’t explain that skippy heartbeat she has been feeling from that time on until now that she is staring at the handsome face of L.

She had known how handsome he is. She had known that from the day she had seen him flirting with Jiae.

But she never really liked him – in fact, she hated him to the bones – when he started yelling at her because she had accidentally poured macchiato on his favorite shirt.

Since then, she had regarded him as the JERKest of all the jerks in the world.

Then, she knew that he needed a tutor.

She regarded him as the DUMBest of all the dummies.

JERKest + DUMBest = Kim Myungsoo

She had never really noticed the good points of all – not until these past few days.

For the past few days, she had not seen him with Jiae. She knew they broke up. She accidentally eavesdropped on their conversation.

Since then, she noticed that L had changed.

He was smiling more often.

He was joking more often.

She smiled as she remembered the time when L was playing with the kids. He was submitting to all the demands of the kids even if he is against most of those things.

Yes, she finds that cute of L as well.

And how could she forget that time when he was really worried that her hand got slightly burned? He rushed her to the hospital and held her hand all throughout because she is scared of the hospitals and all those people dressed in a white coat.

She sighed as she unconsciously her finger over L’s face as gently as she could.

Sure, he had changed.

 

L woke up feeling really hungry. He was supposed to rub his eyes but he felt some weight on his right hand.

He looked and saw Jaeun sleeping beside him with her head on his right hand.

He smiled. “Karate Kid stayed.” He mumbled quietly as he slowly got out of his bed and carried Jaeun to bed.

He glanced at her for a while before he went to the bathroom.

L couldn’t just help himself from smiling at how Jaeun stayed and took care of her – as seen by the basin and the towel on his bedside table.

He just couldn’t believe that Jaeun was really here. He really thought that this tough girl won’t be spending her time just to take care of him because he is weak and sick.

Talk about weak.

He remembered how he accidentally kissed her because he didn’t get to have enough strength to stand up on his own.

He just shook his head and smiled as he recalled how her lips felt like.

*No, wait, Kim Myungsoo. What were you thinking?!* He scolded himself. *That was an accident.* He added as he shook all those thoughts away.

 

Jaeun, on the other hand, woke up feeling all comfortable. She even hugged the blanket tightly and even smelled it. “This smells different from my bed.” She mumbled as she snuggled herself in the blanket of L’s bed.

Just as then, she remembered one thing.

“Death Note!” She beamed as she flashed her eyes wide and stood up immediately from the bed.

She looked at where she was, realizing one thing:

L carried her to bed.

She shut her eyes furiously as she ran outside the room, where she saw L preparing something in the kitchen.

His back was facing her and she stopped, watching him cook something.

*He cooks?* She thought as she silently watched him.

It is shocking to see a man who was born with a silver, make that golden, spoon in his mouth, who knows how to cook.

And not to mention, it is Kim Myungsoo.

There is no way Jaeun is going to believe what he is cooking is edible or safe enough to ingest.

She sighed and walked to him, finally, to check up on him.

“What’s that, Death Note?” She asked as she positioned herself beside him while looking at what he is cooking.

L looked at her. “Food?” He replied.

Jaeun gave him a look – a sarcastic one.

L blinked. “What?” He asked. “You asked me what this is!” He added, defensively.

Jaeun sighed and rolled her eyes and walked to the table, sitting.

L turned around to look at her. “What? Don’t tell me you don’t believe that I know how to cook?” He asked.

Jaeun gave him a look. “What do you expect me to do?” She asked. “You don’t even know how to balance a simple chemical equation.” She shot.

L scoffed. “That’s way too far from what we are talking about!” He beamed.

Jaeun just sighed and looked around the house.

L just shrugged and went back to cooking.

“Are you okay now?”

L doesn’t have an idea on how long Jaeun thought of how to ask him that simple question, without her sounding so worried about him because she doesn’t want him to suspect anything from her.

But, what is to suspect anyway? She wasn’t feeling anything worth suspecting.

L nodded. “Feeling better.” He replied.

Jaeun sighed and nodded. “At last.” She muttered.

L looked at her and was bothered by what she uttered.

Was she tired because of him?

He felt sad when he thinks that he was the reason for her exhaustion.

“Thanks.” Jaeun then, spoke.

L gave him a questioning look.

Jaeun sighed. “Thanks for making me sleep on your bed.” She added.

L was a bit disappointed. He thought she will say, “Thanks for calling me or else, you would’ve been dead by now.” But isn’t L the one who’s thankful to her here?

“NO, thank you.” L replied.

Jaeun looked at him because he sounded different on that sentence he said.

L smiled. “You actually came here.” He said. “Sorry. I didn’t know who I was calling by the time I called. Everything was blurry. So I just clicked a random contact.” He continued. “Maybe luck is on your side though. You were blessed to be called by me.” He finished.

Jaeun gave him a disgusted look. “What luck are you talking about?” She asked. *I got kissed accidentally for the first time. That is not luck at all. I want my first kiss to be with the man I would marry!* She thought.

L just smirked and placed the food he cooked on the table. “Here, eat.” He said as he prepared the table for her.

Jaeun stood up beside L to help but unfortunately, L didn’t notice her and they ended up going face to face with each other. Just inches far from each other’s face.

It was about 3 seconds until they finally noticed that they are too close to each other.

L coughed and immediately went the other way. So did Jaeun.

Jaeun sighed quietly as she tried to calm herself down. Her heart is beating unusually fast again.

L shut his eyes to compose himself as well. What was happening? Why is his heart beating crazy like this?

And just like that, they had the most awkward dinner ever.