His Kind Side

Luck And You

 

L was driving coolly and Jaeun was happy enough that he was driving slowly. She could look at the surroundings more.

So, this was it.

Jaeun was shocked at L’s actions. She had always thought and looked at him as an arrogant who doesn’t even know what the symbol for gold is. A bastard who got mad at her for unintentionally spilling drink on his “favorite shirt”.

But then this caring bastard happened.

This person who would tell her encouraging words when she was down. This person who even left his girl just because Jaeun was burned. This person who got mad at his girl for burning her.

Sweet.

But then she couldn’t be sure.

“So, how long has it been since you visited the orphanage?” L spoke.

Jaeun thought about how long it has been. “About 7 months?” She replied unsure. “I don’t usually get the chance to visit because I am busy at school and work.” She added sadly.

L nodded. “Do you miss it there?” He asked.

Jaeun smiled. Of course she does. In fact, she didn’t want to leave the orphanage. But she had to. She sighed. “A lot.” She replied sadly.

Jaeun actually had a strong affinity to the orphanage. Of course, that served as her home for how many years. She basically learned the basic things in life in the orphanage. She got to survive because of that place.

L looked at her and saw the sadness all over her voice. He knows how much she longs to be there again. He didn’t know but somehow, he felt uncomfortable with Jaeun’s sadness. He wanted to see her smile. He had to make her smile.

He had to do this today. He placed himself on a secret mission.

OPERATION: MAKE KWON JAEUN HAPPY

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They arrived at the orphanage with the kids playing and having fun already.

Mina and Minwoo were there as well. They were the ones facilitating the party.

Jaeun looked at the kids with eyes of pure longing and excitement. She ran to the place. L followed.

Mina waved as she saw Jaeun. “At last! You came.” She said. “The kids are waiting for you.” She added.

Jaeun smiled and nodded. “Of course I would come.” She said. “I only said I will be late.” She added as she focus her attention on the kids playing with Minwoo.

However, Mina noticed someone else with Jaeun: Kim Myungsoo. She poked Jaeun. “Didn’t know you will come here with L-ssi.” She said.

Jaeun looked at her and smiled. “He insisted on coming. That’s why.” She replied.

Mina smiled and shook her head. She looked at L. “Oh, welcome to the orphanage, L-ssi.” She said bowing.

L awkwardly smiled and rubbed the back of his head. “Oh. Yeah. I just came by.” He replied. “I’ll be going now.” He bowed politely.

Mina nodded reluctantly and watched L as he walked to the gate.

“Hey, Kim Myungsoo!”

L looked back, looking at the person who called him. “What?” He asked.

Jaeun narrowed her eyes on him. “Don’t tell me you’re going already?” She asked.

L looked at her and nodded. “I am supposed to.” He replied. “I just dropped you off.” He added.

Jaeun narrowed her eyes. “Tch. Why don’t you just enjoy the day with the kids?” She suggested. “There is nothing wrong with it right?” She asked.

L looked at her in disbelief.

Is she really asking him to stay longer?

Wow. Isn’t this amazing?

He smirked. “Wow. Sure.” He replied. “I didn’t think you would want to be with me longer.” He added as he walked back to the kids.

Jaeun scoffed. “What?” She asked in disbelief and shook her head. “This guy really!” She hissed as she walked to Mina again.

Mina looked at her with a teasing smile. “So…” She started.

Jaeun looked at her with narrowed eyes. “What?” She asked. She probably knew where this is going.

Mina chortled. “Well, you and L-ssi are just too good for each other.” She added, receiving a glare from Jaeun.

Jaeun then, rolled her eyes. “Why would you say that? We are definitely the opposite of each other.” She replied boringly as she smiled at the kids.

Mina nodded. “That is exactly the reason why you are perfect for each other.” She replied confidently.

Jaeun rolled her eyes and shook her head. “Insane.” She muttered then she played with the kids.

The day seemed to be going well with the kids having fun with some games and foods Jaeun and Mina has prepared for them. The kids seemed to be enjoying everything that has been prepared. They have been participating in the games like ‘Trip to Jerusalem’ where the girls wanted L to be the prize of winning.

Oh yeah. L and his superior genes really.

They played “Breaking the Pot” where Mina was smashed by a kid. She almost cried.

Paper dance where every kid wanted to be with Minwoo because he is so cute.

Oh yeah. That paper dance was the most memorable one.

Because the kids requested for L and Jaeun to pair up.

Trust me, Jaeun almost wanted to die when she heard of that idea.

“Because you so cute together.”

The kids all reasoned out.

Jaeun couldn’t even believe it. Why is everyone telling them that she and L look cute or perfect together? Like what is with them anyway?

They are enemies as far as she could remember.

Really UNIQUE enemies.

L looked at her as she paled up. He knows that Jaeun has been working hard lately and she is exhausted physically and mentally. “Hey. Are you alright?” He asked. He was worried she would faint anytime.

Jaeun looked at him and nodded. “Yeah. Maybe I am just tired.” She said as her lips trembled. Well yeah, she is feeling dizzy too.

L didn’t believe her and assisted her to sit in the bench in the corner.

Jaeun blinked at him. “Wait. I said I’m fine.” She insisted.

But L shook his head. “Yes you are. And you are going to be faint soon too.” He said in a sarcastic manner.

Jaeun looked at him in disbelief. Did he possibly tell her that he is worried about her?

Oh holy night!!!! The stars are brightly shining!

This is a miracle.

She looked at L who was walking back to play with the kids. He seemed to be enjoying as well. Well, who wouldn’t?

Playing with kids, especially if you know that they are orphans, makes you happier because you know that you are helping them, in your own way, to be happy. Even just for a day.

She smiled as she watched the kids compete for L’s attention.

Seriously, this handsome oppa is amazing.

Right now, Jaeun doesn’t think he is just a arrogant illiterate.

Maybe he improved a little bit in her eyes.

Maybe, right now, Jaeun thinks that he is a arrogant illiterate… With a kind side.

And it only comes out when she least expects him to be.

Like today.

With the kids.

And right now, Jaeun doesn’t know. But unconsciously, she is smiling.

And L might just have completed him secret mission.

 

 

 

Because he saw that smile. And, unconsciosly, his heart skipped.