She was his star

Down to Earth

When the lights went down, she went out, in the cool night-- the air brushed her smooth skin and blew her long hair. She stood there, hands by her sides, just breathing.

He had always seen her, every single night.
He remembered the times when all he knew about her was that she will go out to the balcony at night and he will be waiting for her; the long-haired girl in the dark.
 
 
Daehyun stared at the starry sky, questioning the whys and wherefores of the twinkling stars; they were bright and then the light fainted then went bright again but yet, he was all dim and lightless, plus faint and brightless. The stars were always high up to the sky and he, above all, was at the bottom of the pit.
Then there he saw a shadowy figure, just across his balcony, holding both her hands out. He wanted to see the face of the long-haired girl in the dark, the one who enjoyed life; the one to him, resembled the stars. He thought that she must be living a good life, contradicting his.
And from that very moment, she was his favourite star, his inpiration.
 
He sat on the floor of the balcony, waiting for his star for the hundredth time. Hours past, and he loyally waited for her. He knew she would come out as she always did. He needed her to come out.
 
 
She looked up to the sky, smiling with her eyes closed. He loved the warmth in the smile, it was as if she was smiling to him indirectly. He smiled, too, as a response. Though she won't see him.
 
 
"I want to be a star. Her star."
He had always wanted to be a star, and it was rather specific this time-- to be her star. He wasn't sure if it was a sane thing to do but he didn't care, he just wanted it to come true.
 
In a second he was already on the ground. Smothered in thick liquid, trembled weakly in every sharp air he in, numbed bruised limbs and deteriorating sight and hearing. And the next second he was taken far from the soulless blood-spattered body. He saw everything. The girl was no longer in the dark. He saw her face and her long hair. He was high up in the sky and he twinkled.
A dream came true, indeed.
 
 
He still look at her as he always did and saw her clearly ever since. From that moment, he was her star, and she still was his.
 
After all those times, he had seen her smiles, her furrowed brows, and even her cries. He had never knew that she was crying at some of the times he thought she was smiling, that she was shedding her tears.
He thought of her for a star too much he forgot that she was a human.
 
 
She curled under the thick blanket. He knew that she cried again. He didn't really know why but he wished he could console her, lend her a shoulder to cry to or at least give her a pat in the back-- but he couldn't.
And when she went to sleep, he went into her dream.
 
He saw her secluding herself from all the darkness around. She buried her face onto her arms supported by her knees.
He knew what he had to do.
A little tremble accompanied his hand, while it was reaching her shuddering shoulder. And when it safely landed, he could feel the wave of her feelings vibrated-- flowing into his system, invading his own emotion.
It happened in a bit, and she looked at him. He could see a faint loneliness in her eyes, fading the shine in them-- just like how his eyes looked, when he was a human. Without caring, he pulled the girl into his arms, while his eyes felt warm with clear liquid that he hadn't been having for a while. He could feel a mild tug in his shirt, teary eyes and wet cheeks. He actually knew how she felt.
"When you feel lonely, look at the stars. They are always there, even during the day. You just don't see them till sun falls. And when you see your star, make a wish.
"Dreams do come true." he held on those four words all the time. All he did get for a respond was silence and some dark look in her eyes.
He was sad that she didn't believe in dreams. He was sad that she never knew what she had.
 
 
Perhaps it was normal for humans. Full of denial and doubts that they could see nothing but the painful "reality".
At some time, he envied them and at some other time, he felt sad for them.
He felt sad for her.
 
He looked at her, wondering if she will look at the stars. He waited and waited, only to see her turn her back on him, again.
He had wished for her too much that he felt so frustrated. He wondered why didn't his wish come true. Was it wrong for him to wish for her?
 
* * *
 
He looked down to the earth, wasn't sure of what he was feeling. But then again, he was a star-- should he be feeling things?
 
She finally looked at him, although the eyes was almost lifeless. Her long hair wasn't as always, her smooth skin was painted with blood.
He could do nothing about it even though he knew what she was doing a few moments ago. He couldn't stop her from crashing or to slow the momentum down and reduce the impact between her and the ground.
He had lost her-- his precious star. But she did look at him, just a second before the eyes were pinched close.
Just as he said, "Dreams do come true". He dreamed of her to look at him. And she did, finally. 
 

This is ty from what I thought it would turn out.