Bathtub

Sweetheart, I Love You [DISCONTINUED]

Bathtub

How did it end up like this? It’s not like it’s my first time preparing dinner. Even so, how did I end up messing it up? How come the kitchen is burning down?

How did it end up like this!?

Sunhae’s head panicked. Flames were dangerously emitting from the frying pan and she had no idea what do to. A speedtrain of thought ran through her mind as she suddenly came to senses.

“The fire extinguisher!”

She ran her way to the corridor of the apartment to grab the fire hydrant and paced back in. After a quick mental preparation, she took the hose off the hydrant and screamed loudly before charging the fire with the extinguisher.

“HIYAAAAA!” she shrieked like a real warrior roaring her battle cry but kept her eyes tightly shut as she blindly focused the hose, the strong blast made her step back. Opening her eyes again, she was shocked to see that she had missed.

“Stupid fire, be gone!!” she casted before launching her second try.
It was successful, the liquid foam managed to kill the fire. Sunhae dropped the hydrant to the ground with a loud clank before dropping herself onto her knees in exhaustion. She sighed deeply.
Knowing his timing, Jonghyun stormed into the apartment, looking shocked.

“Sunhae? Sunhae!? Where are you!” he yelled. He stepped into the smokey kitchen, finding his wife on the ground, “Honey, what happened?” he asked, his voice full of concern.

“What do you think happened? I became a chain smoker, that’s what happened!” Sunhae snapped.
She pointed at the red fire hydrant on the ground, “My life savior!” she randomly yelled. Jonghyun couldn’t help but crack a smile at his dorky wife. He picked her up from the floor and held her in his arms, his lips giving her forehead a kiss as he ignored the strong smell of the burn.

“Baby, I’m sorry,” he shushed while rubbing away the tears that rolled over Sunhae’s cheeks, “It’s alright now, you handled it great. How about you take a shower and rest while I clean up the kitchen? Okay?”

Sunhae nodded and left the kitchen slowly before entering their bedroom. After Jonghyun heard the click of the door’s lock, he deeply sighed. He ran a hand through his hair, it was moist of the cold sweat. Jonghyun felt panicked when he saw the door to their apartment was unlocked and wide open, afraid that a burglar might have entered and had harmed his precious wife. Thankfully it wasn’t as bad as he thought, not that a kitchen fire isn’t a bad thing.

He took off his jacket and rolled up his sleeves. Taking a big sponge and filling a bucket with soap water, he began cleaning the corner of the kitchen which was coaled. Jonghyun was halfway done with cleaning when Sunhae came out of the room again. She was still wearing the clothes she wore before as she didn’t shower. Jonghyun watched how she shuffled into the kitchen with her head hung low.

“What’s wrong? Didn’t you shower yet?” he asked while continuing with scrubbing the kitchen counter.

Sunhae shook her head , “No…”

Jonghyun let go of the sponge and turned around, only to be caught by surprise in a tight embrace from Sunhae. He couldn’t hug her back completely for his hands were dirty and soaped.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” he asked again as he rested his chin on her head.

“I’m sorry…” she muffled into his chest, “Sorry that I yelled at you.”

Jonghyun exhaled a laugh, “It’s fine, don’t worry,” he said, pecking her quickly on the lips before breaking the hug, “I’m almost done, so go take a shower. I’ll take you out for dinner.”

Sunhae shook her head again, “Let’s bathe together…”
The three words that made up her sentence made Jonghyun’s heart skip a beat. He took time to process what she said, replaying the words over and over again to make sure he didn’t misunderstood. She said to bathe together, right?
Jonghyun snapped out of his thoughts and cleared his voice before speaking up, “S-Sure…”


He quickly cleaned the rest up as Sunhae let the water fill the bathtub. He dumped the bucket and sponge back to where he found them and walked to the bathroom. Sunhae was already sitting in a tub filled with bubbles and foam when he entered their new bathroom. He rid of his clothes, throwing them in the basket and rinsed himself with the shower cap before stepping into the tub.
The water level rose as Jonghyun seated himself opposite of Sunhae at the end of the tub, making the water overflow and splash onto the ground. Jonghyun closed his eyes and sighed in content as he relaxed in the warm mango-scented bubble bath.

“We haven’t done this in a while.” Sunhae smiled as she thought about how she often crashed at Jonghyun’s place in the weekends when they were just engaged. He had a large bathtub at his place where they would bathe in together every Saturday. They shared many stories and secrets in that bathroom as it became a place where they both could feel at ease after a hectic week and just enjoy being in each other’s presence. Eventhough the tub they were sitting in now was slightly smaller, it still had the same effect on both of them. Besides, they don’t mind being closer to each other in a cramped tub anyway.
Jonghyun spread his arms, resting them on the side and smiled.

“We should do this on a regular basis again,” he said but waited a second as if he was in thought of something. Sunhae moved herself from her spot, choosing to sit between Jonghyun’s leg instead as she propped up her knees so her kneecaps were exposed above the cloudy water. Jonghyun wrapped his arms around Sunhae’s shoulders, snuggling his face in the crook of her smooth neck,

“… But I guess it won’t work out because of work.” he sighed.

“They aren’t going easy on you at work huh?”

“Not at all. A colleague just left because of a better job opportunity. Onew is now pushing all his work onto me. I was lucky that I got helped today with those files, or else I would still have been at the office by now.”

“I’m just glad you’re home now,” Sunhae smiled as she leaned back her head, resting it against Jonghyun’s shoulder, “Too bad dinner flopped tonight.”

“Honey, it’s okay,” Jonghyun lovingly smiled as he kissed her on the cheek, “Let’s eat out for a change. My treat.”
Sunhae shifted her head and gazed into Jonghyun’s brown orbs.

“I have a better idea,” she said, “Let’s order some chajangmyun and snuggle up on the couch instead. I don’t really feel like going out actually.”

“Call,” Jonghyun quickly agreed to the idea.

The couple stayed in the tub for another 10 minutes before Sunhae thought it was time to get out and order some food. She had heard Jonghyun’s stomache grumble, even though he denied it just to stay glued to his wife for a little bit longer. Sunhae was able to escape his tight hug when she whined about her fingers getting all mushy and wrinkled.

As they cautiously stepped out of the slippery bath, Jonghyun took the super large red towel and wrapped Sunhae and himself up with it. He rubbed the soft fabric gently to dry their bodies up. Sunhae giggled as they clumsily shuffled like two joined penguins to the door, getting the bathrobes off the hooks and to put them on. Sunhae walked out of the bathroom on her slippers, picking up the phone in the living room to order their dinner.
Jonghyun folded the towel once and dried his wet locks with it as he simultaneously walked into the living room as well. When Sunhae put down the phone again, Jonghyun ruffled her moist hair with the red fluffy towel, drying her hair off for her. Sunhae looked at her husband lovingly in appreciation, tugging lightly at his robe to grab his attention.

“What shall we do while we wait?” she asked.

“Oh, I’ve got an idea.” Jonghyun smirked as he wrapped the towel around her middle, capturing her as he pulled her towards their bedroom. Sunhae got swooned by her little devil once more and followed him obediently, wondering what he has got in mind...

    

 

 

 


A/N

Holy snizz, it's been too long -.-
A crappy update. I've changed the entire story completely ever since I lost my files a while back. Well, I'm back with the cheese and the corn. Not sure when the next update will be due, but it's coming for sure. lol
Thank you to the people that have been waiting and still enjoy reading it ^^