Surprise

Sweetheart, I Love You [DISCONTINUED]

 

Surprise

“Hold on, watch your step there.” Jonghyun said as he lead the blindfolded Sunhae into the lift. The vulnerable Sunhae giggled when he jokingly tickled her in her sides.

“Where are you taking me, I feel abused.” Sunhae pouted as she held on tightly to Jonghyun’s guiding hand.

“You’ll see.” he grinned and pressed number 22 in the lift as the door closed themselves.
Eventhough Sunhae was blindfolded, she knew Jonghyun was smirking by the way he said that.
The sudden shift  in gravity caught Sunhae off guard, but being supported by Jonghyun, she found her balance again. It gave slightly away where they were though.

“Hey,” she said, slightly worried, “You’re not planning to make me bungee jump again, do you?”

“No, ofcourse not,” Jonghyun chuckled at the memories of a hysterical Sunhae, clinging onto him for dear life, calling him a traitor for getting her into this.
Sunhae never was the type that could handle adrenaline, but she liked sports. Somehow, Jonghyun thought she would’ve taken it more lightly when telling her that bungee jumping is considered a sport. He made sure that he left out the word ‘extreme’ in his explanation though.

“Then at least tell me where we are right now.”

“I can’t, that’ll ruin the surprise.” Jonghyun said in a slightly nervous tone.

“Kim Jonghyun, tell me where we are or else I’ll get out of this elevator.” Sunhae  threatened to take off her blindfold.

“No, don’t do that.” Jonghyun slightly panicked and grab a hold of her arms.

“Tell me where we are Jonghyun,” she whined, but Jonghyun decided to remain silent, “…I knew it. We are going to bungee jump again aren’t we?” so she assumed. Sunhae took in a deep breath before speaking up again,
“You bastard, you know I can’t take stuff like that! Let me go!” her arms struggling in Jonghyun’s grasp.

“H-Hey, calm down Sunhae,” to prevent her to escape and pull off the blindfold, he pinned her against the wall of the elevator, causing her to bump her head.

“Oww… That hurt damnit,” Sunhae said slightly flustered. Jonghyun couldn’t help but think that his wife looked ridiculously cute at the moment. Like a little struggling rabbit. But he didn’t get his time to enjoy this little moment.

“Lemme go.” She tried again, trying to push Jonghyun away.

“We’re almost there baby. You’ll get to see it very soon.” he said, still having a firm grip.

“No, I mean. Let go off me, I won’t run off. You’re hurting me.”

Jonghyun loosened his grip on her but kept her in sight just in case she breaks her promise. The elevator rang a bell as it has reached the 22nd floor, the doors sliding open, revealing the curious faces of their new neighbors. Jonghyun quickly took Sunhae's hand to walk out of the elevator, bowing to their neighbors to avoid their surprised gazes on the duo’s weird display.

“Really hubby, the blindfold thing was exciting the first few times,” Sunhae loudly said, unaware of that they weren’t alone anymore, “But don’t let it become a habit, it’s really scary. And you’re getting rougher each time.”

Jonghyun gulped and prayed to dear God, that the neighbors didn’t heard what his wife just said, because it sounded too misleading. But unfortunately, when he stopped and turned around to look, the neighbors were all looking at him with the ‘so-that’s-how-he’s-like-face’.

“W-wait, that-” before he could explain anything, the neighbors quickly disappeared into the elevator as if to say that they weren’t interested in his excuse.

Sunhae confusingly tilted her head.
“What’s wrong Jonghyun, suddenly stopping like this.” she frowned behind the cloth that diminished her sight.

“No… it’s nothing honey…” he sighed in defeat while mentally facepalming himself.

He leaded them to the door at the far end and unlocked it with a key, the room of the apartment.

“Take a seat here.” Jonghyun brightly said as he placed Sunhae on a soft stool.
Sunhae sat down on the backless stool and reached to the front, trying to balance herself, finding a unfamiliar table-like furniture.

“What’s this?” she asked as she glided her hand over the smooth cold surface of the table with little slits in it.

“You can take off your blindfold now.” The cloth around Sunhae’s head was immediately removed as she fluttered her eyes open. She found herself in their new apartment, some of their suitcases still unpacked from their honeymoon.
However, there was one major difference.
She was sitting infront of a black, shiny Yamaha digital piano. She gaped at it with before looking at Jonghyun with widened eyes, who leaned on the instrument with a wide grin plastered on his face.

“You like it?” He asked smilingly.

“Is that even a question?” Sunhae jumped into his arms and gave him a big hug, “Thanks…” she muttered while nuzzling her face in the crook of his neck.

“Play it a lot for me, okay?” Jonghyun said while messing up her hair with his hand.

“I will!” She excitingly replied.

When moving in with Jonghyun, the hardest thing for Sunhae had to be leaving her piano behind at her parent’s house. She basically grew up with it ever since she was 4 and her parents gifted her the piano. Memories of tiring practices, mess ups and endless fun had been collected inside the piano, and for Sunhae, it became more than just an instrument.
Since it was too big to move it over, and after having bought all of the furniture they needed, there was hardly any money left to buy one, so they decided to drop the idea for now.

“How did you manage to buy one. Didn’t we decide to just forget about it?” Sunhae curiously asked.

“It wasn’t easy… but I just wanted to see you play the piano again,” Jonghyun smirked, “Because you look the prettiest when you do.”

“Yah, are you s-saying that I’m not p-pretty when I’m not playing?” Sunhae tried to sound angry to cover up her happiness, but it was just impossible.

“I’m didn’t mean it like that.” Jonghyun laughed it off.

Sunhae sat down again, placing her fingers on the keys before taking in a breath. It has been a while since she last played the piano, but once her fingers pressed in the first keys, everything just flowed automatically over the keyboard. It was a piece she hadn't played in a very long time.

Jonghyun sat down in a chair beside her, mesmerized by his wife’s charms.
The peaceful melody of the piano resounded softly over the whole apartment floor. The neighbors might knock on their door soon to complain, but for now, the couple couldn’t care less.



 

 


A/N
Yaay, finally I'm back home and able to update. lmao, and I figured out how to embed videos onto my stories~
SHINee members will make an appearance the next chapter ;D
Hope you enjoyed reading it (and Ryuichi Sakamoto's piano piece ♥)

So, the next chapter will probably be out by the end of this week ;D