Chapter 4 - State of Grace

White Horse

CHAPTER 4

STATE OF GRACE

 

 

She was walking down the street.

His words were echoing in her mind…

It was almost 1 month since their wedding. Everyday Min Ho would drive her to the publisher house where she worked as an editor for the children books field, then he went to his office, and regularly in the afternoon, he came to fetch her and together they went visit grandmother at the hospital.

Sulli was a stubborn girl, as her grandmother said before.

Although she said she needed Min Ho’s help but she would never ask him for giving her his hand.

Actually, she always had the thought of filing for divorce right after the event that she was scared most happened – once her grandmother passed away.

Was it unfortunately or fortunately for her here?

Her grandmother had just been discharged from the hospital 1 week ago. The doctor told their family that this was a miracle, not anyone who was at her last stage of cancer could reverse the checkup result like this, her condition was much better than they could imagine. They allowed her to stay home under medical control and special care.

And today, she has come to visit her two grandchildren who got married not a long time ago.

And… As she told Min Ho previously “I’m gonna stay at your place tonight…”

Sulli was stunned hearing that. 1 month being his wife, she always kept that distance with him. If today grandmother stayed, it meant… they had to behave as a truly couple in front of her, of course not like what happened in the kitchen moment ago…

*Flashback*

She tried to reach out for the dished on the high shelf but she could only touch the edge of them.

Sighed.

“Why, why, why? I’m 169 meters tall, why didn’t it just make it 1 more cm?” – Sulli grumbled to herself, pouting and jumping like a helpless kid.

“Because that 1 cm was intently given to me by God, Ssul…” – A deep warm voice whispered behind her.

Then she could obviously felt the warm body of Min Ho closed to her back.

Crashed.

She didn’t know how to move.

Min Ho just reached for the dished, then gave it to her without moving afar.

“Wae? You don’t want to cook dinner for me and grandma?” – He smiled widely, teasing her?

“…”

“Ssul…”

She turned around, finding her way to move but her head bumped onto his chest. He suppressed his laugh, Min Ho loved teasing her since they were kids. He knew whenever he got close to her from behind she always had that react and her head ended up landing onto his chest. Yeah, always but not that always, there was the time when she grew so fast, just in 6 months, she was much more taller, and at that time, when she was watering grandma’s white roses, he came… She got stunned, then turned around immediately and ended up bumping her… lips on his.

That time she grew up so fast.

That was her 14th birthday.

“You’re always like that Ssul, why don’t you just tell oppa to move first, then after I step back you can easily move?...”

“I… I… that… stop standing behind me…” – Her voice trembled, something flew up in her stomach, a wave of the feeling that she had buried deep for a long time ago was back from nowhere, and it scared her…

She struggled to move from the kitchen counter and Min Ho, and while trembling down, she accidently pushed the dishes on the counter away.

Those dishes slipped down to the floor.

The crashing sound of the broken dishes on the floor made her jumped in scare.

That sound turned Min Ho’s caring mode on, he immediately gulped down and pulled Sulli towards him for protecting her from the dangerous broken parts.

And…

Crashed.

Again.

Those two innocent lips had their chance to meet, again.

Her brown eyes widen in shock.

“Sorry, dear, I don’t intend to interrupt you two…” – Their grandmother said flatly, and slowly left the kitchen without saying any word.

Sulli was so back off.

She pushed away Min Ho, who was now also got frozen.

He starred at her. Mixed emotions covered his mind.

“Gosh, what’s just happened?... Did… did we just…” – He thought

Sulli fight her confusion for a moment then succeeded bowed down on the floor to clean up the broken dishes.

“Ahhh…” – She hissed out a moan, a sharp broken part cut her hand.

Min Ho frightened seeing blood bleeding on her ring finger.

He crushed down and took her hand – “Kwenchana? It’s bleeding, does it hurt?”

To his surprise, Sulli pulled her hand back and just said “I’m ok…”

Anger filled up his messy mind from the accident kiss with her refusion.

He just took her hand again and kept it tight, then checked up for the wounded finger’s condition.

She pulled away again but this time, she wouldn’t succeed, because he gripped it toughly and with an angry and serious glint in his eyes, he snapped – “Stay still, your finger was cut, and it was bleeding badly…”

“…”

Stubborn pulling, again.But this time it was much more weaker…

“Stop that Choi Jin Ri, you know me, I won’t let go what I am focus on…”

“I said I was ok…” – She low down her voice, looking away for avoiding eye contact with him…

“I said it wasn’t… My wife’s ring finger was wounded, and she doesn’t know about this fact about ring finger. People say married couple choose to wear their rings on that finger because only it has the veins which go back directly to the heart without any more round through the body… And now, I don’t want my wife’s heart gets hurt any more…” – Min Ho gently said while checking up and taking care of Sulli’s wound.

 

And, again.

Out of his expectation, Sulli suddenly cried after her watery eyes.

Tears fell down on her cheeks.

And she didn’t why she hadn’t hold it back as always, she just let them go… It made her easier to breath, to breath out those pains she kept in her heart for a long time…

She thought if she didn’t cry, she might not be able to breath…

Hard.

Min Ho just saw her cried and he moved closer to wrap his wife in his arms

“It’s ok Ssul… you said you needed my help, but you never spoke out to ask for my help… You stubborn giant baby… Oppa’s here… If you want me to help you, just tell me just call me and say “Oppa, I need your help…” And I’ll always be there for you, giving you my hand… Ok, just cry, as much as you want… Wound needs antiseptic substance, and tears will be the antiseptic substance for your hurt heart and pride… I’m sorry, too, Ssul…”

 

*End of flashback*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

My dear,

I'm really sorry for not updating as promise yesterday, but still, here comes my Chapter 4.

Actually, this is only part 1 for the whole chapter State of Grace. Tonight, I'll try my best to edit the second part and post it for you guys. Thank you for being patient with me.

Please let me know your thought by the comments. I love reading them while cheking on the site every hour ;))))

And please upvote <3

Happy Easter <3

From Ceroro with love <3