Chapter 19 - Just give me a reason

White Horse

CHAPTER 19

 

JUST GIVE ME A REASON

 

 

Right from the start you were a thief, you stole my heart…

 

She woke up because something made her nose itching, then when her mind was fully aware what it was facing, she could smell a very familiar scent near her face.

 

She lazily opened her two eyes and she knew it was already morning. With the instinct of being a young mother, she tended to turn her body to look for her baby son’s cradle and once in a while, she realized she was lying in his arms.

 

Min Ho’s arms.

 

Her husband’s arms.

 

She looked up slowly not wanting to wake him up. He was sleeping soundly, his two arms were wrapping her up as if he was afraid she might leave when he loosened the grip.

 

Not daring to raise her hand, her heart beat faster and faster as her eyes framed his jawline and every single feature on his face.

 

“You are my hubby, rite Min Ho? Can you just give me the reason why even my mind is not able to remember anything about you but my heart always beat like crazy when I see you… like this? Why did I let you sleep beside me and me myself in your arms like this the whole night? Why?”

 

Sulli silently contemplated the man beside her, admiring his long eyes lashes and even his warmness that brought her into.

 

“My mind can’t tell me anything about our past, but my hear keeps telling me this… I’m in love with you, rite Min Ho? In the past… While I was in comma… yesterday… today… and even when I forgot you, I still love you, rite?”

 

“Yes, right…”

 

Her eyes widened in shock as she heard his voice answered back. She was too deep in her thought that she didn’t aware that he was already awake and now starring down on her with his two big brown eyes.

 

She got too stunned that she didn’t bother to blink her eyes.

 

“Yes, I know… I’m that handsome, so no need to admire your husband in silent, Ssul… The truth is we’re married proves that all, that’s why you love me…” – Min Ho pulled her closer but he set aside some space between them for him to see his wife’s beautiful morning face as he whispered softly to her now reddened ears.

 

He was preparing for a pushing away from Sulli but not like his expectation, his innocent wife just starred back at him and his heart almost jumped out of his heart when he heard the words coming out from her kissable lips.

 

“My heart knows you…”

 

She whispered, pulling back one of her up and put it on the left side of her chest…

 

“My heart misses you…”

 

“Ssul…” – He swallowed hard as he didn’t know how to react at this sudden event, he was longing for her to reply his effect on bringing her back, but once he was among the surprising chaos brought from her like this, he lost all of his reaction.

 

“I don’t know… I can’t remember you, I can’t… I don’t know you, my mind tells me that I don’t know… But my heart, I know, my heart knows you…”

 

A single tear fell down her cheek as she hugged him softly while her face busily buried to his chest…

 

“Will I be able to remember you? And if I don’t…”

 

“You’ve promised me, Ssul…”

 

“What did I promise you? Was it before my comma?” – Her voice was now all wet because she started to sob.

 

“You will never forget me, ever again…”

 

“But now I do… I do forget you…”

 

“And you even told me on the night I said you should have the abortion, that even if you would forget me, but you will still let your heart remember me… To me, that’s enough… You did it, you struggled to protect Yoo Geun, and you even came back from the comma… To me, that’s enough, even if it costs, even if I have to pay a price for it, even if it means you’ll forget me…”

 

“You…”

 

“Don’t worry… take it slow… don’t push yourself…”

 

“What if I remember you, but I won’t ever fall for you again?”

 

 

They were walking along the Han river side, the cherry blossom pastel pink petals falling around.

 

It was spring.

 

The spring of the mother of nature and so was the spring of Sulli after her winter sleep.

 

She inhaled the fresh air deeply and felt something anew move through her veins… She was back, truly back with the world… excepting from the truth that she still couldn’t remember all of the past.

 

But Min Ho said it was alright.

 

And if he said so, she felt at ease with it.

 

He was walking a little slower behind her, watching over her and Yoo Geun in the baby carrier… These days, sometimes a thing came to his mind and it made him a bit uneasy when he thought of Yuri noona and her son.

 

Three years ago?

 

On that night?

 

Was it on that night?

 

He remembered that night clearly, that day was the school musical prom night. Yuri and he, they were paired up for a Latin dance, and Sulli, she was paired up with Hee Chul hyung for a duet, ever since the duet with him from her primary schooldays, it was her 2nd time singing with a guy…

 

That night, he got so jealous to Hee Chul hyung, that night he got into a fight with Sulli for such a creepy reason in front of their buddies just because he didn’t know how to make an excuse for his jealousy, and Yuri noona, he found her alone at the lobby stairs with beers… They drank together… And… Her little Min Seok was born on September and counting back to the day… Was it true that… Was it true that what he thought?

 

 Shaking his head to shove away his thought, Min Ho took a sharp inhale as he stepped ahead and bent the left to hold his wife’s hand that was slowly pushing the baby carrier.

 

He gripped her hands tightly and smiled at her blushing face… “Do you want to find a place to rest, you are walking too much, your condition is good, but you have to watch out, too…”

 

Sulli smiled happily as she saw him turned around to wave at her, who were guided to sit on a park bench nearby by him and looked her caring husband ran his fast to find a ministop shop and buy something for her to drink.

 

She felt her heart melted down as  he kissed her cheek and said “Oppa will come back soon, stay here, ok?”

 

This guy, her husband, he’s a thief…

 

Is he stealing her heart?

 

Min Ho was back as he sat beside her and took Yoo Geun out from the carrier, he held him in his arms and made some dorky gestures with his baby boy, that immediately made the baby smile and laugh out softly. Witnessing all of their father and baby boy things, Sulli couldn’t help but to join them and laugh her heart out.

 

He stopped for a while as he took the bottle from Sulli hands and tried to open it for her while his other hand still struggle to hold Yoo Geun…

 

“I can do it, you don’t have to…”

 

“…”

 

“I said I can open it by myself… You don’t have to…”

 

Sulli’s nagging was cut off by Min Ho lips, as he leaned over and planted a soft kiss on hers with Yoo Geun still in his arms.

 

“Stop nagging, or else I will proceed a more deep kiss…” – He winked and turned his head back to the bottle… “Yoo Geunie, Mommy is coming back, really, I told you… She’s back to that nagging wifey… This and that… and this and that all the time…” – She talked to the baby who was wide opening his brown eyes excitedly looked at the colorful bottle.

 

“And hey, I forget to ask you… How is with the feeding job? Are you now comfortable with feeding Yoo Geun?” – Suddenly Min Ho turned his head to look at her, and his eyes mischievously rolled from her face down to the area under her long y neck.

 

Sulli looked down towards his eyes direction asked she started to blushed like hell when she realized where he was looking at.

 

“Yaaaaaa!.... Stop teasing me…” – She yelled, slapping hard on his hands.

 

Min Ho laughed, he loved teasing his innocent wife and to his heart, making her blush was one of his favorite love habbit, he enjoyed it with his whole heart for her.

 

“When will you guys plan for the younger sister or younger brother of your baby boys?” – They both looked up and stopped laughing and blushing as hearing the question.

 

An old caring couple were sitting across them at the opposite bench, the waling lane in the park was small, so they might watch them from the beginning and guess that they were a young parents couple, the old two smiled playfully as that asked.

 

“Ne?” – Sulli blushed again…

 

“My husband asked you when would this little cutie will have his little brother or sister?” – The old beautiful woman said, smiling warmly, her eyes sparkled as they landed on Yoo Geun lovely face.

 

“It’s up to my little wife, you know, grandpa… She now only focused on our baby, and to my sadness, she paid less attention to me these days… I guess, when her attention fully comes back to me, my son will become an older brother as he wished…”

 

Min Ho answered and that made the old couple laughed, as the old man stood up and help his wife stand up to, he came closer and patted on Min Ho’s shoulder – “Young man, when I was at your age, we already had 4 children… It’s spring, the most beautiful an romantic of the year… This cutie pie would love it if his younger brother or sister would be born in the next spring, don’t you think so?”

 

Min Ho said thank you and elbowed Sulli as the old woman smiled and told Sulli that they were so cute together, that might be the reason why Yoo Geun looked so cute and went after the both of them, his parents.

 

“Hey, Ssul…”

 

“Wae?”

 

“What do you think?”

 

“About what?”

 

“About Yoo Geun younger sister who will be born next spring?”

 

“Yaaaaaaaa!”

 

She blushed, as always.

 

And her heart.

 

It melted at his smile.

 

She knew.

 

Her heart knew him.

 

Right from the start you were a thief you stole my heart…

 

“Call 911…” – Sulli said with the seriousness full in her eyes…

 

“What? Ssul… What wrong?” – His eyes widened at her sudden words.

 

“… somebody stole my heart…” – She replied and stood up to rush the baby carrier away… attempting to hide her blushing face from his stunned yet happy eyes…

 

And I, your willing victim…

 

 

 

Sulli walked furiously towards the office door as she were very eager to tell her psychologist that last night, when it was rained outside and she came out to wait for Min Ho, seeing him wet running out of his car, she thought her mind rremeber something about him, she thought she could saw something from the past by that scene… The memory flooded up as she saw her at the bus stop and saw him, all wet… She really wanted to tell her about it that she hadn’t call her I advance and just came right after Yoo Geun was settle with her mom.

 

She tended to knocked on the door as she heard a familiar voice.

 

She got stunned…

 

The paper in her hands fell on the floor.

 

 

He tried explain it, tried so hard to explain the reason, but he couldn’t, he couldn’t interpret the reason behind her coldness.

 

For the past 5 days, Sulli was like to avoid him.

 

She hadn’t remembered him yet. He knew. But this attitude, even after her comma, she had never shown him this kind of coldness and avoiding and…and the distance…

 

She would never talk to him excepted when she had to answer for something urgent about Yoo Geun.

 

He did try to talk to her but every time, she had her own excuses to avoid him. Even he got mad and yelled at her for his frustrating, she would not reply.

 

She kept her silence.

 

And he got scared about that.

 

“Ssul, we need to talk!”

 

“I’m sleepy, can we talk later?” - She replied flatly, even didn’t bother to look at him.

 

“Look at me, Ssul… I want to talk…”

 

“I said I’m sleepy… besides, Yoo Geun is sleeping, lower your voice…”

 

“I’m in trouble and I need to talk to you or else I’m gonna be crazy, Ssul…”

 

“Go talk to Yuri, she might help…”

 

“What?”

 

“She’s a psychologist, she might be helpful than me!”

 

Min Ho was so stunned hearing what she said but a thought ran through his mind as he moved closer and pulled Sulli for a hug…

 

“Let me go…” – She gasped, pushing him away

 

“Are you jealous of her? That they told you she was my close noona and we were so close since the college days, and that talkative Lee Jong Hyun might tell you about we being paired up all the time that people started to think us as a couple?” – Amusement showed clearly in his voice while he held her tiny waist tight.

 

“I’m not jealous!”

 

“It shows… All over your face…” – He turned her around to kiss her cheeks – “… all over your action towards me…” – he kissed her hand – “… And it’s written in your voice…” – finally, he kissed her lips.

 

He pulled out a little bit as he expected her to shout or push him or something. But  again, not to his expectation… She just looked at him and after a while suddenly she tiptoed and gave him a deeper kiss, it was even deeper than his previously.

 

He was surprised at first, but then, his heart melted and he pulled her closer, making the kiss more passionate…

 

His lips travelled slowly down to her jawline, then when it became hotter and he buried his face in her neck, and Sulli moaned softly as her two arms wrapped around his nape…

 

“Oppa…”

 

Min Ho stopped.

 

His heart skipped a beat.

 

He stopped nibbled her lower lips as she hear her words.

 

“Say it again!”

 

“…”

 

“Say it again, the term you have just use to call me, say it again…”

 

She smiled, her eyes pooled up with tears, and she slowly said the words that he was longing for … “Oppa… Min Ho oppa…”

 

At that word, Min Ho continued to kiss her, more passionate, sweeter and wetter…

 

Then…

 

His heart stopped a again, as Sulli breathed in between their kiss…

 

“You’re not Min Seok’s father… Tell me, you’re not his father… And I’ll trust you…”

 

 

*Flashback*

 

She intended to knock on the door, but she heard his familiar voice inside and stopped…

 

“Noona, is it true? Am I saying the truth?” – He raised his voice roughly, anger and anxious was in his every single words…

 

“Nothing is true, Min Ho… I told you, it’s not as you think…”

 

“Tell me the truth, noona… Is it true?”

 

“Min Seok is my son, that’s all… He’s mine, only mine… He’s not your son or even a guy out there to be his father… Go to your wife and take care of her, this is not your business to involve, or even you want to, you’re not Min Seok’s father to in our life… That’s all… ” – Yuri shouted back, she was sobbing…”

 

And Sulli ran away…

 

*End of flashback*

 

 

They were sitting in front of each other, and nervously playing with their fingers.

 

Yuri thought Sulli called her here to the cafeteria to discuss about her condition, but when she came, she only saw Min Ho there… waiting…

 

“Did your wife call you to come here, too?”

 

He nodded, simply…

 

Many mixed emotion running through his mind.

 

“Why does she do this?”

 

“Yuri unnie!...”

 

Sulli called happily from behind and waved at her.

 

Yuri anxiously stood up as she heard Sulli voice…

 

“How long have you been waiting for me? Sorry I’m late… I have to wait for this lazy and dorky person to come… Hee Chul oppa, this is Yuri unnie, my psychologist… Unnie, this is Hee Chul oppa…”

 

"Yaa, kiddo, I thought it was our date, only the two of us not with the other people?" - The guy pouted

 

“Hee Chul oppa…”

 

“Yuri…?”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hi there, chapter 19 form Ceroro with love <3

 

What do you think about this chapter? Do let me know your thought and upvote for White horse<3

 

Thenks so much for your love and support, I love you guys <3