Change Of Heart

Silence

 

 

(Nami's/Your point of view)

 

 

'What am I going to do?' I thought as I stared at the ceiling of my room as I lie on my bed. I sigh deeply for the 16th time ever since it happened.

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

 

 

I was doodling on my notebook, ignoring the fact that my bestfriend, Eunbyul, was currently fangirling over the fact that her crush, Jong In, was her partner in a dance contest. They were representing the school for it so they were given the dance studio and have the opportunity to be excused AND exempted from class. Lucky. Suddenly, a loud bang errupted our ears. Shocked, we looked up to see our english teacher, Mr. Kyungsoo or Mr. D.O as he likes to be called, smiling ear to ear while holding a long, thick wood.

 

During the discussion, my mind kept wandering to a certain boy named Oh Sehun. The boy who I had been crushing over ever since we met. I could barely stay focus on what Mr. D.O was saying. "Ok class," said he. "I will tell your groupings, so pay attention. Okay?" All our attention was focused on him even mine. "Group 1 blahblah and blahblah..."

 

 

I nudged Byullie.  I recieved a soft hum in response. "What are the groupings for?" I asked. "Why weren't you listening?  Sheesh." She whispered. "It's for the project, remember? It was announced yesterday. You even wrote it in your notebook" she continued. "Oh." I replied then turned my atttention back to Mr. D.O. "For group number 4, which is the last group. These are the members:

"Byun Baekhyun

Kim Junmyeon

Lee Jinki

Song Jungki

Park Sandara

Park Chanyeol

Zhang Yixing

Kim Jong In

Oh Eunbyul.."

I felt Byullie perk up beside me. But what I heard next made my heart stop.

 

".....Oh Sehun and Park Nami"

My eyes went wide and my face heat up and I could swear that I saw Eunbyul smirk.

 

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

 

Now here I am, trying to find a decent outfit to wear at the group meeting at 1:00 at Eunbyul's cafe. She said it would 'help our concentration' if we were at the coffee shop. I looked at the clock hanging on the wall. 11:48. I should get ready.

 

 

Once I arrived at the shop, I took a deep breathe before stepping inside. I was greeted by the mixture of chocolate, coffee, and other sweet scents and employees dressed in butler and maid like outfits that made them look like they were taken out of an anime. The shop was really pretty and had a homey feel to it. It was painted comforting colors like beige which added to the adorableness of the shop. The whole shop was decorated with cute doodles, tiny plants, and pictures of the customers enjoying their visit at the shop were scattered all over the place.

 

 

"Yah! Nami~ Over here!" Called Eunbyul from a table near the window with the others. And Sehun. I could feel my heart beat unbearily loud. I mustered up my courage and walked to the table. "Hey," I greeted as I shakily waved at them.

 

 

"Sit down" I felt my heart pump and blood rush to my face as I looked at the owner of the voice. My breathing became uneven when I saw him, Sehun, smiling at me while patting the space beside him. I slightly nodded before slowly sitting down beside him. When I looked up at him, I suddenly froze when I saw that he was already staring at me. We stayed like that, not moving while eyes bore the other's, for about two minutes, but it felt like five hours for me until Eunbyul cleared .

 

 

I realized what was happening, then let out an awkward cough. I galnced at Eunbyul with pleading eyes. It seemed like she understood because she suddenly spoke up. "Uumm..so now that were all here, why don't we order first before getting started?" She said with more enthusiasm than usual while she rang the bell on the table which I guess is for calling the waiters. I questioned her cheerfulness until I saw Jong In beside her. So that's why.

 

 

After Byullie rang the bell, a male waiter started making his way to our table. It was only after he stopped infront of our table did I get a chance to look at him. He was around our aged judging from his looks. He had a round face like Byullie has, sharp eyes, chubby cheeks, and charming aura. Looking from this angle, he was about a foot taller than Eunbyul and I. Which makes him about the same height as Sehun.

After a few minutes, I realized I was staring at him a bit too long so I quickly turned away then stared at the menu. I darted my head at him when I heard him chuckle only to recieve a wink from him. I burried my face in the menu as a plan to cover my red face. I probably look like a tomato right now!

 

 

"Yah! Baozi! You're paid to work not to flirt!"Eunbyul scolded playfully. After their battle of teasing, we finally ordered. Byullie took the longest because she kept asking questions like she wasn't the owner of the place. We figured it was to annoy 'Baozi' as she kept calling him. When the guy had finally had all our orders, he excused himself before flashing an adorable smile at me. I smiled back at him until he left. I suddenly felt a dark aura coming from beside me but decided to ignore it.

 

 

"Eniweyssss~ let's get started!" chirped Eunbyul. "Ok so we need to translate a Korean song into English,"said Jong In. "And our song is Missing You!" Eunbyul added. "Holy Krisus! That's too hard!" complained Chanyeol while slouching on his seat. "Well Mr. Kyungsoo did give us a choice, would you rather translate a whole novel?" Jong In raised a brow at him. Chanyeol crossed him arms with a pout that made him look like a sulking child. "Don't be like that Chanyeol," said Eunbyul while patting his back. "Yeah! Where's the Happy Virus, we all know and love" continued his bestfriend, Baekhyun. He showed his toothy smile to show his mood change which made everyone smile back.

 

 

"So here's the lyrics to the song," Eunbyul distributed the copies to every one before she continued."I already cut the song into parts so we can all contribute. Let's just be partners with whom were sitting beside 'cause it's a lot more easier". Everybody started on their part with their partners. 'Alright! You can do this Nami! Just relax and everything will be fine.' I encourage myself in my head.

 

 

"L-let's get started,"I stuttered. Stupid nervousness! "Okay."Sehun replied before moving closer to me. It took me all my will to focus but how can I concentrate when Oh Sehun's face is literally an inch apart from mine! I stuggled to even my breathing every time he speaks. Why was he being so close?! After 30-45 minutes, we already finished half of our part. Then Baozi, or Minseok as Eunbyul informed, came with our orders. He does resemble a boazi...so that's why Eunbyul keeps calling him like that. When he place the food infront of us, he suddenly spoke up."Umm..Hi, uhhh... I'm Minseok. I just wanted to introduce myself"He awkwardly scratched the back of his head while smiling cheekily. We smiled back at him and introduced ourselves.

 

 

"You already know me"said Eunbyul

"Hi. I'm Jong In" greeted the tan male.

"I'm Chanyeol,"

"And I'm Baekhyun! But you can call me Bacon if you want" beamed the two bestfriends.

"I'm Jinki but everyone calls me Onew"

"And I'm Junmyeon but you can call me Suho" They showed their angelic smiles to him

"I'm Sandara~ but call me Dara Noona!" She waved at him

"I'm Jungki! Onew and I are twins! Nice to meet you~" chirped the said boy

"And I'm.....Zhang Yixing! But you can call me....ummm....oh right! Lay. You can call me Lay. I'm Chinese if you're wondering."Yixing said.

"He's REALLY forgetful" Eunbyul added. Minseok nodded in understandment.

"I'm Sehun"he said plainly. 

"I-I'm Nami." I smiled awkwardly at him, a tint of pink still on my cheeks.

 

 

"Nice to meet you everyone. I heard a lot of great things about all of you from Byullie." Everyone raised their eyes at the said person. "I told you guys! I'm a great friend!" she defended, making everbody laugh. "It's true. Don't worry, I'm not one to lie" he assured.

 

 

"Well, I have to get back to work. It was nice meeting all of you~." He suddenly grabbed my hand before planting a kiss on it, shocking everyone before leaving. After we got over our shock, we returned to our work. An awkward atmosphere lingered between Sehun and I. After an hour of suffocating silence, we were done with everything.

 

 

We gave the papers to Eunbyul as we stood up from our seat. "I'll print these out and pass it." Said Eunbyul with a smile. We let out a sigh of relief while clapping for ourselves. "We"ll go ahead. We're going to the amusement park!" cheered Chanyeol while fist-pumping the air. " Do you guys wanna join?" Offered Dara. "No thanks. I have to get home or my mom will kill me"I denied. "Oh okay. Maybe next time then" she said while waving goodbye at us and leaving with the others.

 

 

"Hey Sehun, can you do me a favor?"Eunbyul asked. "Uhh sure what is it?" Sehun smiled. "Can you Nami on her way home? I can't come with her because Jongin and I need to practice for the competion" Said Eunbyul, smiling sweetly. My eyes went wide while shaking my head at her.

 

 

'NO! OH EUNBYUL! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!' I screamed like a maniac in my head. "Sure."Sehun reluctantly agreed. "Great! Thanks a lot!"Beamed Eunbyul as she pushed us out of the shop with the help of Jong In. They waved goodbye at us while we started walking. When I looked back at them, Eunbyul mouthed some words which I guessed was 'Thank me later!'. If I wasn't too busy panicking I could of sworn I saw them holding hands!

 

 

The walk was mostly filled with awkward silence. Ugh. Silence. Krisus, I hate that word. And when I said mostly filled I meant it was overflowing that I felt like I was drowning in the awkward. I tried to strike up a conversation but all I got was 'yeah','sure','ok',and 'I guess'. Maybe I did something to upset him? Uuugghhh! Great. I manage to upset him without even realising it. Or maybe because he needed to walk with me...but why didn't he just say he didn't want to? Hhmm...maybe because he didn't want to hurt Eunbyul's feelings. That makes sense. And maybe my mere presence annoys him. Nice going, Park Nami. I subconciously let out a deep sigh.

 

 

After a few minutes of more walking, I started to feel tired. I didn't want to tell him because I might bother him even more. I grabbed my handkerchief and wiped off a bead of sweat that form on my forehead. My walking slowed down with the more steps I take until I was walking behind Sehun. Why was my house so far? After a minute or two, we passed by a park with slides and swings . I was too busy amiring the park that I didn't notice that Sehun suddenly stopped, my nose bumping into his back. "I-I'm sorry." I apologized while rubbing my nose.

"Let's take a break." He said not looking at me. "O-ok." I said following him to the swings.

 

 

I sat on one of the swings and softly giggled as I swing myself back and forth. I glanced at Sehun and saw that he was leaning on the bar holding the swings. "Why aren't you sitting down?"I said out of curiosity. He sat on the swing without uttering a word. A small smile formed on my face. After a few moments of silence,he suddenly stood up. "We should get going. It's getting late"He said fixing his coat.

 

 

"W-wait!" I said, regretting that it came out like a shout and stood up.'It's now or never' I took a deep breathe to bundle up some courage before speaking. "U-umm...ca-can I ask you something?"I asked with my voice shaking. 'Well so much for the brave approach'. Sehun nodded slightly as a sign to continue, looking everywhere but me. "A-are you...uumm...,in anyway, mad at me?"I said nervously. Sehun gave me a look that I couldn't make out which made me more nervous than I ever been.

 

 

So we stayed like that. Staring at each other. The beating of my heart pounding at my ears. Not being able to stop my mouth, I broke the silence. "I'm sorry"I started, my voice cracking. Seeing that this is my first and probably the last time I'm going to talk to him, I looked at him straight in the eyes and gathered all my remaining courage "I know I can be annoying sometimes. But I try not to be. I can understand if you don't like me but I'm really sorry. And I know you were just force to walk with me because you didn't want to upset Eunbyul but you don't have to now. Don't worry, I won't tell her. I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry if I did anything for you to be mad at me."

 

 

After I said that, I immediately averted my eyes to the ground, bowing my head. I realized that I was catching my breathe, it was either because I was having mixed feelings or because I spoke without stop.

 

 

I waited for his reaction. Fists clenched and tears blurring my vision. I stood there, wishing he would say that I was wrong; that he wasn't mad at me; that he could never be mad at me; that he agreed to the favor with his own free will, not because he was being the bigger person and didn't want to hurt anybody's feelings; that he enjoys spending time with me; that I could still have hope, even if it was impossible, that he would feel the same way about me. But nothing happened.

 

 

With the last bit of hope slipping away, what happened next made me freeze on my spot. Sehun was hugging me tight, like he was afraid that I would fade away. I let out a breathe that I didn't know I was holding. "No. Don't apologize...I should be the one apologizing..." said Sehun, his voice cracking and grip tightening. "I didn't realize that I was making you think that I was mad at you...I'm not! Really...I just....it was...."he stampered while thinking what to say next. If anyone could hear him, they would think that he was choking on something but I was too busy absorbing the sudden turn of events. With my body frozen, hands hanging on my side, I listened to his words while being wrapped in the comforting warmth of his embrace. He inhaled deeply before letting go, making me feel slighty dissappointed with the loss.

 

 

"I'm not mad at you. I'm was just annoyed," I bit my lip and lowered my head. Seeing my expression, Sehun quickly waved his hands frantically "N-no! But not at you!"I shot my head at him, relief clearly showing on my face. Curiousity replacing nervousness, questions filled my mind. 'Why was he like that to me then?' 'Who annoyed him then?' And 'Why was he so cold to me when he said it wasn't me at fault?'. "Why did it seem like you were mad at me?" I asked, my head tilting.

 

 

Sehun suddenly stiffened and his face turned a shade of red. "I-I...well I...."he scratched the back of his head. He fiddled with the hem of his black coat before continuing."A-actually, it was more like jealousy rather than annoyance..."It was like a whisper but loud enough for me to hear.

 

 

I clenched my teeth. 'Why am getting mad? It's not like he's incapable of liking someone. Maybe because I didn't know he didn't like someone NOW'. I frowned while thoughts run in and out of my head. I realized that Sehun was staring at me with worry because of my expression. I softened my gaze, urging him to continue. "I know it may sound silly b-but....I was jealous of y-you and Minseok..." I choked on the air while my eyes widened. "...I know you might think I'm stupid for doing this but I feel if I don't do it now, I may never be able to do it. So please listen."

 

 

He bit his lip and gulped. I was just staring at him, waiting for what will happen. "I'm jealous. Of you and Minseok. I don't know why but I feel hurt when you and he look at eachother. It hurts when I see you interacting with him. I wanted to punch him in the face when he winked at you and when he smiles at you, I get the urged to rip it off his face. Yet I feel mad at myself at the same time for not being the one doing those things. Now I hate myself for taking out my frustration on you...." He paused for a moment "At first.....I didn't know why I was feeling that way. Why I was upset. Why I was jealous....Until I figured it out. I figured out why I get this tingly feeling whenever I hear your name. I now know the reason why my mood immediately brightens when I see you. I figured out why my heart pounds againts my chest when I think of you..."

 

 

He took my hand with his shaky ones and place it on his chest, where his heart is. I could feel his heartbeat beating with the same rythm as mine. "I love you"He said with his breathtaking smile.

 

 

We stayed in that position. Eyes never leaving the others'. So many thoughts scattered in my mind that I started to feel lightheaded. So many emotions took over me all at once that I didn't know what to do. I just stood there, trying to soak in what happened. Everything happened so sudden that I couldn't even move my body. Then it hit me. Oh Sehun, the person who made my heart flutter the first day we met, just confessed to me.

 

 

Sehun started fidgeting, "W-what's wrong?," He said worriedly "Y-you don't f-feel the same way about m-me, do you?" He became anxious, his attempt to hide that he was hurt failed when his lips squivered. "N-no." I whispered low, my voice became higher than normal. His facial expression changees and a small smile formed on his face. "S-so, does that mean that....you love...me back?" He reassured. His voice was mixed with hope, joy but also worry and anxiousness. Not trusting my voice anymore, I nodded while I smiled cutely at him. He face lit up even more and his smile became bigger.

 

 

Then he squished me with a hug, spinning slightly. My body relaxed in his arms. I snuggled my head at the crook of his neck. He puts his chin on my shoulder in response. Me on my tiptoes and him crouching because of our height difference. Yet everything fit together perfectly like a jigsaw puzzle; like our bodies were made for each other that it felt too natural.

 

 

No words were spoken. We just stood there in that position. Neither one wanting to let go. Letting the silence consume us. But it wasn't the unbearable, suffocating silence like before, it was different. It was warm, it was comforting, it didn't have any trace of awkwardness, it was filled with pure bliss. Maybe I'm going to like silence after all.

 

 

*BACK AT THE CAFE*

 

 

"Wwaaahhhh~"Eunbyul's eyes glinted at the taste of the ice cream cake."This is so delicious! Wow~ my compliments to the chef!"she praised. Minseok just shook his head at his friend's actions. "Why are you still acting like your not the owner of the cafe?"questioned the eldest among them. Eunbyul ignored the question and continued to praise the food. Jong In chuckled and ruffled her hair.

 

 

"Hey, did you think our plan worked?"Minseok asked while drinking his Americano. Eunbyul put a finger on her chin as he was thinking."Hhmmm...let me think about it..."she stayed like that for a few seconds before slamming both her hands on the table, suprising the two boys. "Of course it did! It was my idea. And my ideas always work." She announced proudly."Hmpf! why are you underestimating my powers?!...Besides I've known Sehun ever since we were toddlers, and I know he can't handle his jealousy. And Nami is my bestfriend so I think know them well enough to know what will happen." She stuck out her toungue before taking a sip of her bubble tea. The two males looked at each other and snickered.

 

 

"But hey! I'm impressed with your acting. Well done."she clapped at him. "Thank you." He bowed. "Speech! Speech! Speech!" She cheered with Jong In joining in. Minseok stood up and grabbed the tiny potted plant and held it againts his chest as if it was an actual award. "This is such an honor for me. Recieving this award was relly unexpected...I...I would like to take my family and friends, for always supporting me, the staff, Thank you so much, and to my beloved fans.."he wiped his nonexistent tears and sniffled"I love you all! Thank you." The 'audience' clapped and cheered along with a few customers that were also listening. They laughed and Eunbyul ordered again, still pretending to be a new customer.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Author's Note:

 

I'm really sorry if it's a total fail. Forgive me! I tried my best!!! T^T

I know it's cheesy... I'm not good at writing stories especially confessions! BUT! I still hope you enjoyed it

If there was any mistakes, like my grammar or wrong names, it is because that

1) I learned how to speak english through cartoons(Spongbob!) Skool ain't taught me nothin' on my english, yo~!

2) Because this is dedicated to my friend (GO APRIL~! <3) and I keep changing my mind on the names of the characters. 

3)because I did this on my phone. And I refuse to have autocorrect because I see too many disasters on the internet because of autocorrect. And I did this for only 5 days or approximately 15 hours.

4)I didn't check for any mistakes. i'm too lazy to proof read( is that what you call it?)

Sooo that's it!! My first finished story/oneshot! 

(v^3^)>O Cookies~!!! 

tumblr_mk87x79AYh1rd7ruvo1_500.png

 

Happy Birthday, Kim Minseok~! WE LOVE YOU!!! Be healthy and happy~

Pic not mine. credits to: bunskin

Bye-yeom~! *ppyeong!*