The beginning

Midnight Seduction

“Jae, wait up!!”

From afar, a hand stretching as high as the sky could see wave frantically as the owner itself struggle to squeeze through a crowd of students, calling out for his friend again and again. With effort, the boy was finally able to pass through the crowd and ran towards his friend.

 

“Yo Jae! Gezz, at least respond when I’m calling for you.”

 

Huffed the boy as he grabbed his friend by the shoulder, stopping his movements.

Blonde hair cut stylishly just above the shoulder of a tall, masculine in a way but still manage to look effortlessly thin body, a pair of enchanting brown eyes set upon a beautiful pale doll-like face stared back onto the alien hand placed upon his shoulder.

Jaejoong grinned and greeted his loud and annoying friend back with a pat on the back.

 

“ Who told you to call my name out like that? Didn’t I told you not to frantically yell out my name using that high pitch tone of yours? I thought it was a girl or something just now.”

 

Jaejoong teased the boy while giving him an arm lock and a nudge on the head, laughing. Changmin yelped out in pain, laughing along all the while as he tried to push away from Jaejoong’s grip.

 

“Okay, I get it. Sorry. Now let me go!”

“Not until you say uncle.”

“Okay. Uncle! Uncle!”

 

Jaejoong released the boy and grinned in satisfaction. Changmin automatically ran a hand through his hair as they both continue to head to school; checking his reflection at nearby parked car windows from time to time. Jaejoong shot him a glance and sighed at his friends’ vanity.

 

“Yes, yes. You’re beautiful. Now can we focus and get to school already?”

 

Jaejoong spoke as he shook his head. Changmin raised an eyebrow and smirked.

 

“Now, now. Aren’t we impatient? Perfection takes time… and thanks to you messing up my hair, I need to make sure I looked as awesome as I did before.”

 

He turned and gave Jaejoong one of his killer boyish smile.

 

“After all, I don’t want to disappoint the ladies now, do I?” Despite himself, jaejoong burst into laughter.

 

“No, I bet you don’t.

 

Everybody in the school know how much of a dedicated player Changmin is. With his model-like height, boyish charm and gorgeous face that’ll melt ant passer by when he smile, he was considered one of the top in school; if only he would stop fussing over himself and paid more attention to the women he managed to get his hands on, he might be able to be the number one in their school. That title however remained to this day belonged to…

 

“JAEJOONG OPPA!!”

 

Like mad bulls, swarm of girls ran towards Jaejoong. Holding banners, posters and shirts of himself and Changmin in their hands. Jaejoong’s shoulder went rigid as they hauled themselves onto him. He managed to get out of the way just in time however Changmin, who was standing next to him was not as lucky as him. They surrounded the taller boy.

 

“Now, now girls. Can’t we do this some other time?”

“Oppa, you’re so mean! We all haven’t seen you since school break and missed you terribly.”

 

Despite what they’re saying, some of the looked perfectly satisfied with Chnagmin held captive in their circle instead of him. They boy held his hands out as if prepared to give each of the girls a free hug sample as fan service to please their need. Jaejoong suppress a laugh watching Changmin’s eagerness to play along with then and thanked the lord for the fact that he didn’t mind being the rebound guy in this situation.

 

“If Jaejoong doesn’t want to, I’ll be more than happy to play along with you girls instead.” Interrupted Changmin with a cheesy smile in place.

 

The girls considered.

 

“Well…---“

 

*RINGGG!!*

 

Just then, the school bell rang. Students hastily entered the school building and rushed to the auditorium, afraid of being late for their new school term briefing, that, and the sight of their fearsome vice-principal prepared to punish any late comers with his infamous  punishments. Sensing a chance to escape, Jaejoong quietly jumped in and breeched into the circle formed by the fan girls and grabbed Changmin by the collar.

 

“Changmin. Come on. Let’s go!”

“Huh? But I didn’t even get to spend time with the ladies yet.”

“Do it later.” Yelled Jaejoong.

 

Changmin narrowed his eyes stubbornly, crossed his hands together and pouted.

 

“Fine.”

* * *

 

The auditorium was packed with students. The school staffs sat aligned on the stage while the student council President was giving out his welcoming speech and just like any other school, the students were bored to death however that didn’t stop the ceremony from commencing just like it does every single year.

 

Jaejoong and Changmin was spotted sitting at the back row along with other sophomores. The students were separated according to their genders; the girls on the right side of the hall while the boys on the left which was a relief to Jaejoong. Changmin on the other hand who has already forgotten his earlier tantrum yawned loudly, ignoring the glare given by patrolling teachers making their rounds on the floor and continued complaining.

 

“Why do we have to listen to this every single year?”

Jaejoong shrugged, his eyes glued on the stage. “Who knows.”

“Well, it’s not like anyone’s paying attention or anything. I think this is just a waste of time. Furthermore....”

 

As Changmin continue talking like there’s no tomorrow, Jaejoong sighed and resist back a yawn. He, like Changmin and the rest of the students there was also getting sleepy however his pride as to be above the other normal students wouldn't allow it for him to fall asleep. Jaejoong closed his eyes,crossed his hands across his chest and prayed for the ceremony to be over with as soon as possible.

 

'I'll just rest my eyes then untill the event is over.'

 

“...our honourable Principal’s turn to give his welcoming speech.”

 

Even as he slowly drift into a blissful slumber, Jaejoong could pick up a couple of distinct sounds.

 

The sudden silence upon the auditorium as the student president call upon the principal to give his speech, the sigh of girls falling in love, a cough, then the sound of a deep voice resonating throughout the hall.

 

Then, Jaejoong fell asleep.