Chapter Two

My Song For You

 

It was the song that DongHae always played; his original piece that always made TaeYeon happy and warm.


“Please begin singing now.” DongHae instructed, and TaeYeon began to sing the words written on the score with all her heart:

You are the one

It’s been awhile, but I’ll say

You are the sun

I’ve always been only for you

You are my love

Sometimes I hesitated, afraid that

I’d be too close standing a step behind you

You are the one

You’re the only love for me

You are the sun

Your smile washes over me

You are my love

And I’m the only one for you

I’ll always be by your side.”


TaeYeon finished, holding the last note perfectly. DongHae’s heart was racing, totally infatuated.


“Did I sing it okay? Should I do it again??” TaeYeon asked quickly once she noticed that DongHae wasn’t saying anything.


“No. Don’t sing it again.” He replied, his hands clasped in his lap, his eyes cast downward again.


“Oh. Um. Ok.” TaeYeon sounded disappointed. That wasn’t the reaction she was hoping for. There was another long and painfully awkward silence. It was TaeYeon who broke it this time.


“Did I sound really, really bad or something? You look like you’re gonna be sick.” TaeYeon’s eyes began to water in embarrassment. DongHae looked up, sensing the emotion in her voice.


“You sounded amazing. Perfect. Beautiful. You always do.” DongHae admitted, standing up.


“R-really?” TaeYeon blinked in surprise.


“Of course.” DongHae took a step closer, taking the score out of her hands. He looked down at her, meeting her eyes. Both felt a rush of electricity run through them, but didn’t know if the other felt the same way.


“Your voice is brilliant. The way you sing and the way you look when you sing are just...you’re incredible, TaeYeon.” DongHae said. TaeYeon couldn’t believe what she was hearing. Her face flushed darkly.


“O-oppa, are you saying--”


“I like you, TaeYeon. I have liked you for a while now. You’re an angel to me. You don’t need these lessons with me at all. I’ve kept them going because, well, I want to hear you and watch you sing for me. If I could have this moment every day for the rest of my life, I would be the happiest guy in the universe.”


TaeYeon had to pinch herself to make sure she wasn’t dreaming. And boy, she wasn’t.


“Oppa...I really, really like you too I just never thought that...well, you’re you and I’m me and you’re so perfect--” DongHae cut her off by pressing his lips gently against hers, cupping her face in his hands and her cheeks with his thumbs. TaeYeon’s eyes widened with shock for a moment, then she melted right into his arms. It was literally a dream come true. For both of them. After a good minute, they pulled away from each other, breathing heavily and smiling shyly.


“Does this mean I don’t have to come every Wednesday?” TaeYeon giggled, finding DongHae’s hand and interlacing it with hers.


“Not exactly.” DongHae laughed heartily, sitting back down on the piano bench and pulling her down next to him. “I wanna hear you sing this song again.”


“Wae?” TaeYeon asked. “I thought you didn’t want me to sing it again.” DongHae handed her the score as he began to play the intro music once more, making TaeYeon swoon in delight.


“I wouldn’t mind hearing this song again. It’s always been my favorite song of yours, oppa.” She smiled, humming along.


“It’s my favorite, too.”


“Why is that?”


“TaeYeon-ah...” DongHae began as TaeYeon started to sing. “I wrote this song for you.”