CHILD OF MY HEART C17

CHILD OF MY HEART (editing only)

Renee went to look for the doctors and talk to them about the request of little Nallie. It is still early and they will still be in the hospital grounds. She stop first at the nurse's station to inquire where little Nallie's doctors might be or have they seen them most recently.

As she was inquiring Doctor Ho, who is one of the doctors of little Nallie who has been looking after her all this years and specializes in cancer diseases most especially in children, just came out of one of the rooms from that ward. And as Renee saw him she thank the nurse and went to Doctor Ho.

Renee: Good Afternoon, Doctor Ho.

Doctor Ho: Good Afternoon, Renee.

They know each others since Renee is the one who often stays with little Nallie in the hospital an often accompany little Nallie for her check-ups.

Renee: Doctor Ho I have a question. . well actually it's about a request of little Nallie.

Doctor Ho: What is it?

Renee: Little Nallie is requesting if she could go back to the orphanage . . would it be alright of she does that? What about her condition? How is she doing?

Doctor Ho: I'll be honest with you. Little Nallie is a brave girl and a fighter. And it helps that she has a strong positive personality. She has passed the first five years which is important for a person who has cancer. But the recent incident, her cardiac arrest, is something we have to reconsider.

Doctor Ho: We already had many test done to see how she is doing. And many specialists specially a cardiologist, Doctor Heung who also has a specialty in children cardiology, have all been collaborating looking into her condition. All The results of her tests are being studied. She is under medication for her heart condition besides her other medications.

Dotor Ho: We have to talk to her cardiologist if she really wants to go home. I think little Nallie is a little girl who got scared because this is her first cardiac arrest. Any person would get scared how much more of a little girl. She wants to be with familiar people and in a familiar place. Let me talk to Doctor Heung about her request.

Renee: Thank you Doctor Ho. Little Nallie in not acting her usual self so I guess you are right she is a little scared. I'll stay with her so at least she has someone familiar with her and keep her spirit high.

Doctor Ho: Yes, do that. . a laughter is the best medicine for patients especially children.

Renee: Ah yes. . laughter . . she is not laughing much but looking more pensive than usual. Thank you Doctor Ho you gave me a great idea. ( Doctor Ho smiled.)

Renee: Please excuse me. (Bowed her head) Thank you Doctor Ho. (Doctor Ho bowed his head and also moved on to see his other patients.)

Renee went to the waiting area and called Mrs. Kim to talk to her and inform her of little Nallie's condition and tell her about the request.

Renee: Good afternoon Mrs. Kim.

Mrs. Kim: Good afternoon Renee, how is our little Nallie?

Renee: The doctors are studying the result of her tests now. And all are looking into her condition especially Doctor Heung a cardiologist.

Renee: Little Nallie is requesting to go back to the orphanage and I just inquired to Doctor Ho about it and he said he has to talk with the other doctors especially Doctor Heung.

Mrs. Kim: Oh . .she wants to come here . . Make sure first that it is alright for her to come.

Renee: Yes we have to make sure.

Renee: Mrs. Kim, I think little Nallie is a little scared because of what happened to her that is why the request. And Doctor Ho said something to me that gave me a great idea, "Laughter is the Best Medicine". And our little Nallie is looking a little pensive. I'll talk to Hyun Joong about this and come out with something.

Mrs. Kim: Yes, let's do something for our Miz Nallie.