You and I Part 2

Endless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was sitting in a corner in this lovely café and I was just admiring the scenery of the park just across of this cafe. It has been five years since I had last visited this café or even this town. A few things have changed but some remained the same. Like how the barista in this café is still the bubbly Kwon Yuri and her girlfriend, Im Yoona still owns this café.

I smiled a little as I remember how we would always visit this café to grab a cup of hot coffee or tea. The bells above the door rang and I was brought back to reality. Curious about the new customer, I took a quick peek and I swear my jaw dropped.

“Hey Sica!” I heard Yuri greeting you. Holy moly. It really was you.

Your hair was still the lovely shade of blonde. You had the same smile but your eyes were pretty empty. You looked skinnier, pale and pretty much frail. It was like if the gust of wind was too strong, you could possibly fly away. To be honest, you look as though you’re ill. But what shocked me the most was when I saw that you were carrying a young toddler who seems to be around the age of four.

“Hey Yul. Can I get a large white chocolate mocha? With whipped cream please.”

“Omma, I want cheesecake too!”

“Alright. One cheesecake please, Yul.” I was surprised when I realized that you had ordered my favourite drink. The last time I checked, you hated coffee.

“The taste is just awful. How can you drink such a thing?”

After placing your order, you were still standing at the counter but you were looking around the café, as though looking for someone. I didn’t want you to notice me so I kept looking down to my cup of white chocolate mocha, continuously stirring it.

“T-t-tae? Taeyeon? I-is th-that you?” I heard your voice. How did you even notice me?

I looked up and pretended to be surprised to see you here in this café.

“Hey Jessica.” I hated calling you that. It sounded so fake and all but before I could even say anything else, you had placed the toddler on the chair opposite me and engulfed me in a tight bear hug.

“It really is you!! I miss you Tae!! You have no idea!” My body froze. My hands were still by my side. My mind was blank but my heart was racing. I felt like my heart was about to jump out of my body.

You must have realized that I wasn’t responding to the hug. You let go of me and apologized before picking up the cute toddle that seemed to be in a daze.

“I’m sorry. I just missed you so much. I have to go.” I could see the tears b in your eyes. Before you could leave, I grabbed your wrist. I mentally noted how thin your wrist was and tried to not grip it too roughly.

“Stay.” Was all I could say.

 

*

 

“So um… where did you go after you left the house?” I knew this question would come.

“I went back to my hometown, stayed with my parents, worked there and all.”

“ I see.” I sipped my now cold drink but at the same time, I couldn’t help but to stare at the young girl who was now using your thighs as a pillow. Who is she? Are you now married? Where’s your wedding ring then? There were so many questions in my head.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter