Secret

Secret
Please log in to read the full chapter

Lee Jonghyun is in a big trouble.

He knows it when he realized he can't move from his last position for this past thirty minutes. His left arm start to numb, but he refuses to let go, not because he's afraid that she might awake, but more because he loves how she feels in his arms. The chairs they've been sitting on have a slight distance from each other which makes her leans on his shoulder with unusual position and look uncomfortable, despite that, she still sleeps peacefully and oblivious with her situation. It's understandable though, if judging from the way she cried, she must have feel exhausted right now. 

Jonghyun sigh as he tried to find a way to get out from this situation without making her awake.

There's no one else in this part of building because he makes sure of it intentionally, no one knows that she is in the studio which always used by CNBLUE for practices or it will make a fuss and more likely it will end up in chaos, which he doesn't want that for her, when all she needs right now is privacy and some time to regain herself. So, option number one, to ask someone who still around this floor is eliminated.

He can't choose option number two neither. If he tried to call Seohyun for help, then she will ask Yonghwa hyung to her here and hyung will strongly refuse because he prefers to be with his Yeoshin rather than help his dongsaeng which hyung probably thinks that he more than capable to handle this situation himself and then since Jonghyun know Seohyun's nature personality, she will likely call one of her unnies as alternative and if her unnies knows about it, they will want some explanation why the girl in his arms' right now, was end up with him, and he has to tell them, when all he really want is to avoid being questioned. So, option number two is out of question.

There's only one option left, then, thought Jonghyun as he feels hopelessly agreed to this one. I need to wait for her to wake up, which I don't know when it going to happen.

Suddenly, Jonghyun feels her body start to slip from his shoulder and she might end up falling onto the floor if Jonghyun didn't catch her instantly. He didn't have a choice, but raised his left hand and touch her back to hold her from slipping away. Slowly, with the other hand, he adjusted her head back to his shoulder while he tried not to think about how fluffy her hair is in his palm.

The moment Jonghyun is succeed to adjust her head, the girl in his arms' make a fidgety moves which make Jonghyun stop and pulls his hand from her head quickly. Instead of waking up, which he thought she was, she makes a closer moves toward him as she grabs his jacket and lean deeper to his shoulder. It's so close to the point he can feels her breath in his neck. Jonghyun didn't realize that he stop breathing for few seconds and start to breathe again when he feels his chest was started to burn because there's no oxygen getting into his lungs.

Jonghyun stunned for a while until he realized that she didn't make any move after that. Jonghyun leans down slowly to see how close she was and little bit startled when his nose touched her hair when he looked down.

"Yoona...," whispered him slowly to her ear, or he thought it was since the hair is covered it up. "Yoona..., are you awake?" asked him again.

Five seconds, ten seconds, after fifteen seconds there was no answer and if looking from the way her constant breathing, Jonghyun could tell that Yoona is far from awake. But now, her position was looked even more uncomfortable because she almost sits at the end of her chair. Jonghyun takes initiative as he bent down and grab Yoona's legs which covered by skinny jeans, and slowly lift her body and placed her on his lap, so he didn't have to worry that she might have dislocated her back. Jonghyun always knew that she is slim and look slender, but he still surprises when found that she's so light when he lifted her. Jonghyun adjust Yoona's head on his shoulder, so, instead only lean on it, her head will likely lie on it.

It seems that this new position has made Yoona more comfortable than before because Jonghyun can feel her body become more relax. On the other hand, he can't make himself relax because Yoona is still grabbing his jacket, her breath was still swept his neck and her fluffy hair now has tickle his Adam's apple and he can feel it whenever he swallowed.

This is nerve-wrecking and make me nervous, thought Jonghyun as he adjusted his sit position. I hope she won't furious when she wakes up and found herself in my arms like this.

Can't stand the tickles in his neck, Jonghyun raises his hand to fix Yoona's hair so it won't touch his neck again, A few amounts of Yoona's hair trapped in between his fingers when he combs out her hair, and he tuck it behind her ear. As he does that, he can't help feeling her softly cheeks with his finger.

Since he has already touched her slightly, he might as well looks straight at her. Yoona's eyes looked swollen because of the tears, her nose turns slightly pink and even though her skin is flawlessly white, the blushes in her cheeks has made it redden. She has long eyelashes, thought Jonghyun as he observes Yoona's swollen eyes. And who thought that she sleeps soundly.

Not snoring, but not quite soundless neither, analyze Jonghyun as he hears it more carefully. It more like she slightly growls from . How cute!

When Jonghyun's eyes stopped in her lips, his eyes stuck and he can't move away from there. Her lips are slightly open, he can see Yoona's white teeth which peeking through, but what makes him couldn't stand is the urge to feel those lips in his finger, just to know how soft it is.

Who is he want to deceive? He doesn't want to feel it with his finger, he is "namja" afterall, of course he wants to feel it with his own lips. Heck, I want to tell her how much beautiful she is, no matter how many others have telling her that before me, thought Jonghyun. I want to tell her that whoever she was cried for, he's not worth it, as far as I'm concerned, no one is. So, she shouldn't have wasted her tears like this, continued Jonghyun as he raises his finger to feel the trail of her tears on her cheeks.

"Ng....,"

Jonghyun's finger stop in mid air, right above her cheekbone as he heard that. His eyes turn to look at her with anxiety, wondering whether she awakes or not and if she is awake, is it because of his touch or else. But instead of opening her eyes, she starts to move restlessly as if something is bothering her in her sleep.

"Yoona...," whispered him once again, as her name comes out naturally. "Are you awake?" asked him before he realizes that he already asked that before.

Jonghyun moves his hand again and touch her cheek with his palm and surprise to feel coldness. Why is she so cold? asked Jonghyun. Did she have a cold fever? thought Jonghyun as he touched her forehead with back of his hand.

While Jonghyun is busily check on her temperature, he didn't notice that someone has opened the studio's door, but before the person is able to say anything, he stunned in his place while seeing the scenery in front him. "Yaa! Lee Jonghyun! Neon... bweo-ya neun-goya jigeum? (You... what are you doing now?)" said the person, even though he didn't shouting, but still it makes Jonghyun startled and raise his head right away, he looks for the source of this sudden commotion and found Lee Hongki standing in a doorway with shocking expression. 

"Yaa! Lee Hongki! What are you doing here?" said Jonghyun as soon as he's able to get over his shock because of Hongki's sudden presence.

"What am I doing here?" asked Hongki as if he disbelieved that Jonghyun was asked such a question to him. "What are you doing here and with...?" Hongki stops as he realizes he didn't know who is Jonghyun with. "...whoever that is," continued Hongki in the end as he couldn't guess who the girl that Jonghyun have been holding, but he pretty certain that the person is a girl. 

"Geun-nyang (Nothing)," answered Jonghyun calm, but he slowly turns Yoona's face with his hand toward his neck so her face won't be seen by Hongki.

"Aish, Lee Jonghyun-ssi... jebal~, (Aish, Mr. Lee Jonghyun, oh please~,)" said Hongki as he takes few steps and walk closer to where he's been sitting, which makes him in alert and straighten his position on the chair as he holds the back of Yoona's head to keep her face hidden in his neck. "I was dating too in the past, once or twice. I'm your friend for Godsake, you don't need sneaking around or hiding anything from me, beside I'm a sunbae in this... area, you know I'm a good at keeping a secret, heck, I will even taught you everything you need to know, all you have to do is just tell me who this is," continued Hongki try to act nonchalantly, but his eyes are busily peeking through Jonghyun's hand which still covering the girl's face.

"De-seo~, gwae-nchana (No need, I'm fine)," answered Jonghyun as he still cautious with his friend who now looks more fishy by walks in circle of the chair he's been sitting on. "I thought all of FT ISLAND members are on vacation?" asked Jonghyun, he  tries to distract Hongki's attention from himself and the girl in his arms.

"We are," answered Hongki as he stands in front of Jonghyun as soon as he realizes that he still couldn't figure out who is the girl that Jonghyun's been holding so tightly. "I just have to pick up something in our practice studio before joining them," continued Hongki as he crosses his arms and look busily speculating.

"So?" asked Jonghyun with a flat tone and poker face which makes Hongki couldn't read anything. "What are you waiting for?"

"Yaa, mal-hae, dugu-nde? (Yaa, speak up, who is she?)" asked Hongki impatient because Jonghyun seems didn't want to tell him about the girl.

"Wae (Why should I)?" asked Jonghyun refused to give in.

"Ahh, jeongmal! Chingu jana uri? Mare-ba, Palli! (Aah, you are really! We are friends, aren't we? Speak up, hurry up!)" shout Hongki frustrated.

But before Jonghyun could say anything, Yoona who still sleeping, interrupted their conversation. "Ng, Oppa...," muttered her suddenly in her sleep, made both Jonghyun and Hongki freezing and stop talking. Jonghyun is the one who more surprise and it breaks his poker face, but since his hand is still holding her head, her face is pretty much didn't show so he is just hoping that Hongki wouldn't recognize her voice.

"Oppa? Geuyeo-neun... Oppa ra-gu? (Oppa? Did she just say Oppa?)" whispered Hongki while his eyes widened and looked disbelieve to what he just heard. "Yaa! Jasshik-ga (Yaa! You Punk!) Don't tell me you're dating a trainee? From all the girls out there, you just have to choose trainee?" continued Hongki as he apparently has misjudged all the situation just because she called him "Oppa".  His friend must have thought that since the terms only uttered by someone who younger than both of them, Hongki just make assumption that it must be an FNC trainee.

"What's that supposed to mean?" asked Jonghyun as he suddenly feels defensive. "Why can't I date a trainee?" continued him. He didn't correct Hongki's misunderstanding because if Hongki wants to think that, so be it, he didn't have an obligation to tell him otherwise.

"Don't you get it?" said Hongki as he looks surprise by his question. "It could be a trap or you could be used as a stepping stone for her future career, anything could possible, Jonghyun-nie."

"Maybe that's what I want," said Jonghyun unreasonable and it makes Hongki confused at how absurd his answer is and so much out of his characters.

Suddenly Yoona is move as she's mumbling something, which makes both Jonghyun and Hongki stop arguing. This time instead of making noises, she moves her hand from pulling Jonghyun's jacket and raise it slowly toward his other shoulder as she starts to hugging his neck before she brings herself closer and hiding her own face inside the crook of his neck. "Oppa.. gajima... (Oppa.. don't go...)," muttered her softly which only heard by Jonghyun.

Both of his hands which still wrapped around her are now hanging in the air, as he was shocked with her unexpected moves, but what makes him more dumbfounded is when she called the man who she was cried for and "asked" him not to go. Although he knows that she is still in unconscious state, but he couldn't stop the furious which start to crawl from back of his head and threatens to spread in his clear mind.

"What is just happen?" asked Hongki as he is also dumbfounded with the girl's bold move upon Jonghyun, and it makes him kinda feel out of place all of a sudden. "Is she just pretending to sleep and didn't listen to me? Yaa, trainee-ssi!" shout Hongki furious as he felt disrespected by the girl who he thought is a trainee, he raises his hand, tried to grab the girl's shoulder and make her turn to face him.

But Jonghyun is much faster, as he fends Hongki's hand from touching her shoulder. "She can't hear you, she's sleeping."

"What?" asked Hongki as he didn't believe what his friend just said. "Don't kidding me, Jonghyun-ssi! She was obviously moving."

"She's just delirious," said Jonghyun calmly. "And put your voice down, you might wake her."

"You have to give me better than that," said Hongki as he refused to put his voice down stubbornly, he even makes a fuss with his friend's reason which sound ridiculous by the way. "I saw it with my eyes she was moving and she even called your name, beside with that distance she is probably talking to you right now, I just can't hear it," continued Hongki as he continues to misjudge the situation.

"She have a fever, Jasshik-ga," said Jonghyun as he gritted his teeth to hold him from punching Hongki's face for not keeping his voice down. "So there's no way she's talking to me right now. I'm just hoping my hands was not occupied right now."

"Wae (Why)?" said Hongki sound little bit setback because he heard threats in Jonghyun's voice, he even takes a step back from him. "So you can hit me?"

"Aa, you know me well," said Jonghyun while he's nodding his head.

Suddenly, Hongki's phone ringing, saving Jonghyun from Hongki's interrogation or maybe, saving Hongki from Jonghyun's threat. Apparently, FT ISLAND manager has fed up waiting for him in the parking lot and told him to hurry up. Hongki didn't have a choice beside get hurried since he told his manager earlier that it will only take five minutes for him to get his things, but on the other hand, he couldn't ignore this event just like that, it's too major to be ignored.

"Fine, I know that I'm just nuisance in here and you are both want some privacy," said Hongki as he finally makes his voice calm, almost whispered. "but you will tell me about her and everything, or you'll be sorry and I know that you know what I mean Lee Jonghyun!"

"Arrasseo, (I get it)," said Jonghyun as he become relax because the trouble is about to go. "Ije gaa. Gojyo, (Now go. Get out), be careful on your way, Hongki-ya," continued him to Hongki, before his friend squinted his eyes and turned around, Jonghyun follows him with his eyes while his friend walks toward the studio's door.

Hongki waves before he closed the door behind him.

At the alley, outside the studio's door, Hongki stops for a moment as he just somehow recognizes the girl's back figure. He saw her somewhere, but couldn't tell when or where. Other than that, the most important part is when Jonghyun was turned into defensive mode for her, Hongki never saw his friend acts like that, moreover, when he hides her from him, not because Jonghyun didn't want him to realize who she really is, but it more like he's marking his territory by telling him that the girl is his and he didn't have the right to look at her.

But maybe that just my imagination, there's no way Jonghyun will act like barbarian over a girl, he will be totally out of his characters if it happened, thought Hongki as he lets the thought go and start to walk away.

Meanwhile, inside the studio, Jonghyun starting to realize that he can't just continue sitting here and waiting for her to wake up, someone else might burst in just like what his friend did. Thank goodness he brought a car earlier, so he doesn't need to call a taxi or anybody else. The tricky part is, how he's gonna bring Yoona to his car without no one knows.

The car's key is in my pocket, all my things were in here, but I doubt I can grab all of it while I carry her, thought Jonghyun as he tries to think how he's going to deal with all of this. I should carried her to the car first and I can get back here to grab my things and hers, decide Jonghyun after thinking for a while.

Jonghyun put his snapback on Yoona's head to hide her face and let her hair hide it does the rest, then he adjusted her head in his shoulder before he put one of his hand on her back and the other on under her thighs, he lifted her in one try before he's standing up. Yoona is still hugging him, so it makes a lot easier for him to carry her in his arms.

Jonghyun starts to walk toward the studio's door with Yoona in his arms. Fortunately, the door can be swung from the inside and Hongki has left it unlocks, but since he couldn't use both of his hands, Jonghyun turns around and push the door with the back of his shoulder before he steps out from inside the studio. Since her head still lies on his left shoulder, he steps carefully, so that he won't bumped her with the door.

Jonghyun don't come out right away, he stops for a moment to observe the alley, try to figure out whether there are still people around or even a single sounds which indicate there is human in this part of building or not. After ensuring that, Jonghyun takes another step and starts to walk. He didn't wait for the door to close properly as he walks faster through the alley and deliberately walks toward the lift in the corner which will take him to the parking lot directly.

Jonghyun push the down button with his elbow and wait for a while until he hears a "ding" sound as the elevator arrives in his floor. Luckily, there is no one inside it, but Jonghyun won't push his luck too much because there is still CCTV inside. They are probably will recognize him through the camera and most likely questioning who is he carried or why, but he doesn't care as long as they won't recognize her.

It only takes few seconds until he arrives on the ground floor and when the elevator's door opened, he welcomed right away with dim-light atmosphere. Since not many are still in the studio, the guards has turned off the light and only leave some of it turns on to lighten several blind-spots so it won't appear pitch black. Although the light didn't help him sees more clearly, Jonghyun didn't hesitate to choose where he should go, as he turns quickly to the right of the elevator and walks toward the glass door that leads directly to the parking lot. With much effort he successfully pushes a switch to open the door with her still in his arms, but when the door finally unlocks, he realizes that the door needs to pull inside rather than push to the outside.

He reached out the door's knob as far as his occupied left hand could and keep it opened with one of his foot and with one sweep Jonghyun kick the door to his left side so it would open wider for him to get through and walk toward his car. He's already hold the car key in his hand before he was stood up earlier, so he just needs to press the unlock button. With the same method he used to open the glass door, Jonghyun opened the passenger door and gently put Yoona down onto the car seat.

Jonghyun slowly let go of her arms around him, which unexpectedly tight by the way, and put it on her lap, he's lowering the seat down so she can lie more comfortably, adjust her seatbelt, take off his snapback of her head and make sure it leans onto the cushion that he found in the car. Since there's no blanket he can find, Jonghyun takes off his jacket and cover her with it.

Jonghyun standing quietly as he's watching her for a while, suddenly she moves and turned her head away, facing the driver's seat while mumbling about something before she continues to sleep. Jonghyun raises his fingers to touch and caress her cheek with a light touch before he forces himself to move, he puts his snapback on the dashboard and close the door. He locked her inside just to make sure she saved when he grabs their belongings. Its small possibility that someone have seen him carried around one of the famous girls group's member in the world, but it is still possible, and that make him feel cautious and don't want to take any chance, as long as she's with him, her safety is his responsibility. He put his hoodie on before walks away from the car and back to enter the FNC building once again through the same door as he came out previously.

It takes ten minutes for Jonghyun to go back to the studio, grab his and her things then come back to the car. As he walks toward the car, he frozen all of a sudden, his instinct tells him that there is something in the bushes which surround the parking lot and function as fences. He can't hear or see what it is, but he can sense

Please log in to read the full chapter