Deed - Kangjun [Monopoly]

Beyond The Board Collection

 

Another installment for TBBC featuring Kangjun (aka my love LOL)! Whooo! And OMG DID YOU ALL SEE SHAKING HEART?! I. DIED. It was too amazing! But anyways, I've been working on this one for quite a while and it ended up turning out in a completely different direction than I had intended in the beginning. But I hope you all enjoy! ~Admin Kelc 

“Miss! You’re not allowed to see the President without an appointment!”

You ignored the flustered assistant, shaking your arm out of his weak hold, and continued down the hall. You didn’t care about the stares that you were receiving and kept your eyes on the double doors at the end of the hallway.

You pushed the doors open, ignoring the incessant pleas of the man following you.

“Kangjun!” you yelled when you caught sight of the man you were searching for sitting behind a desk at the head of the room.

The man, dressed in a nicely tailored suit with his hair nicely styled, looked up from his stack of papers and his eyes widened when they landed on your figure.

“_______-ah. W-What are you doing here?” he asked, placing his pen down and folding his hands as he leaned forward.

“What is this?!” you demanded and held up a white envelope, completely ignoring his question.

The company president squinted at the envelope that was clenched in your hand. His eyes widened when he recognized the seal in the upper left corner and he abruptly stood up from his chair.

“Could you excuse us for a minute?” he turned towards his assistant who was standing near the door, “I would like to talk to her in private.”

The assistant complied, quickly bowing before leaving the room.

When the door clicked shut and the two of you were left alone in the room, you threw the envelope on Kangjun’s desk and turned your back towards the wealthy businessman.

“I can explain,” he started.

“You can ‘explain’?!” you whirled around, “There’s nothing to explain! That letter says it all!”

“No! You don’t understand!”

“I understand perfectly, Kangjun,” you shook your head and let out a sigh, “I just want to know why your company is buying out my family's ranch?”

Kangjun fell silent as he tried to gather his thoughts and think of a way to tell you the truth as gently as possible.

"Well, I'm still waiting," you stared at the young company heir in front of you with your arms crossed over your chest.

Kangjun dropped his eyes to the floor and hung his head, "We're…building another hotel."

Your eyes widened in horror and your jaw dropped in shock. Kangjun squeezed his eyes shut, bracing himself for your reaction.

“What?!" you exploded, "My family has been living on that land for generations and you’re going to take it away to build another hotel?!”

"No! You don't understand! It wasn't my choice!" Kangjun placed his hands on the side of your arms, forcing you to look at him.

You shook your head with a frown and shoved him away as hard as you could, "You always have a choice! It's your company!"

Kangjun sighed and rubbed his temples, "Well, what am I supposed to do? The company has already invested millions into this project. There's no way I can't stop them now."

"So you're picking money over memories?" you asked, your voice starting to get husky from the tears that were filling your eyes, "Do you even remember everything that happened in that house? Us growing up together?"

Kangjun felt like a dagger stabbed his heart when he glanced up and saw you desperately trying to blink back your tears.

"______-ah," he breathed, reaching out for you.

"Just forget it," you whispered and your heels, leaving the office without another word.

Kangjun watched the door close shut before returning to his desk. He tried to focus on the paper work he was working on before you barged into his office, but ended up throwing his pen across the wooden top of the desk burying his face in his hands.

---

Kangjun pulled the parking brake and cut the engine before getting out of the car. He stared up at the white two story house that sat on the 500 acre piece of land. Memories rushed back to him as he heard the ocean pounding against the cliff at the edge of the property.

"Do I have to stay here?"

"Yes, you do," the women told her son with no hint of emotion.

The six year old Kangjun pouted but continued to follow his mother and father up the dirt driveway, "Why can't I come with you and daddy?"

"Because we're going to be very busy overseas, son," Mr. Kang told his son as they climbed the steps up to the porch.

They rang to doorbell and waited in silence.

"How long to I have to stay here?" the small boy looked up at his parents.

"We're not sure yet," the woman said, not taking her eyes off of the door.

Kangjun frowned at played with the strap of his backpack. He looked up when the door opened and saw a small girl around his age dressed in a sun dress with her hair in a braid standing in the doorway.

"Where is your grandmother?" Mrs. Kang asked.

"She's working in the stables," the small girl answered.

"Okay, very well then," Mr. Kang nodded, "We're just here to drop off our son."

The small girl looked over at Kangjun and her eyes brightened, "Oh, okay. Do you want me to go get my grandma?"

The two adults glanced at each other and the man, already halfway down the steps, tapped his watch.

"No need," Mrs. Kang shook her head hastily and placed the duffle bag that she was holding down next to Kangjun's feet, "We need to get going anyways. Be good Kangjun."

She gave her son a quick hug before catching up with her husband.

"I'm ______," the small girl smiled at the Kangjun.

"I'm Kangjun," he mumbled as he watched his parents climb back into their car, neither of them glancing back at their son.

"Well, come on in," she smiled as she grabbed his duffle bag and his hand, "I'll show you around."

Kangjun let the little girl drag him into the living room of the ranch house and looked around. He noticed the house was awfully quiet and empty.

"Where are your parents?" he asked, "Are they working on the ranch too?"

"Oh no, I just live with my grandma and grandpa," she sighed, "I don't have parents."

Kangjun looked out the window and watched the luxury car drive further and further away.

"Yeah, me neither."

Kangjun blinked and shook his head, bringing himself back to reality. He quickly shut the door and clicked the button on his keys twice, his car beeping as he locked the doors. He climbed the stairs like he did all those years ago and stood on the Welcome mat.

He straightened out his business jacket and dusted off his shoulders before knocking on the door.

He took a step back and continued to fidget in his spot as he waited for someone to answer.

Kangjun jumped a little when the door opened and looked up.

"Jun-ah!" the elderly woman behind the door smiled.

Before he could even say a word, the woman pulled him in a tight hug.

"It's been years since I've last seen you! You've matured so much!" she beamed after pulling away, "What brings you here?"  

"Is ______ home?" he asked nervously.

A knowing smile appeared on the grandmother's face and she nodded before stepping aside and letting Kangjun in.

---

You flipped the page of your book and the swinging bench you were sitting on gently rocked back and forth.

"Sun dress and a braid. Some things never change."

You jumped whirled around to see Kangjun leaning against the railing of the back porch. You looked down at the dress you were wearing and gently touched braid that your hair was tied in with one hand.

"It still suits you," Kangjun smirked as he sat down on the other end of the bench.

"What are you doing here?" you narrowed your eyes at him.

Kangjun didn't say anything as he pulled out an envelope from the inside pocket of his jacket and handed it to you.

You slowly placed your book at your side and took the plain white envelope into your hands, eyeing Kangjun suspiciously.

You tore the envelope open and pulled out the paper that was folded inside.

Kangjun smiled softly as he watched you read the words that were printed on the letterhead that you were holding with both of your hands.

When you reached the bottom, you dropped your hands onto your lap and stared at Kangjun with wide eyes.

"Really?" you asked.

Kangjun nodded, "I officially cancelled the project this morning. I already gave the deed to the land back to your grandparents."

"But, aren't you going to lose millions?" you whispered as you reread the letter over again.

Kangjun simply shrugged his shoulders, "I realized that I'd rather lose money than lose you."

He gave you a smile when you looked up and met his eyes with yours.

You let the letter slip from between your hands and flutter to the floor as you threw you arms around his neck, causing him to jolt backwards from the sudden impact.

"Thank you," you mumbled as you buried your face into the crook of his neck.

Kangjun blinked and sighed in relief as he wrapped his arms around your waist and rested his chin on the top of your head.

"No, thank you."