Mint - T.K [Candy Land]

Beyond The Board Collection

 

Sighs, I couldn't help myself. C-Clown just needs more stories, don't you think? Well, a new series, a new adventure. These stories will be loosely based off of six classic board games, so I hope you all enjoy! ~Admin Kelc

"Okay, I passed the Gingerbread Tree," you mumbled to yourself as you walked down the rainbow tiled path while looking down at the map in your hand, "Now, onto the Peppermint Forest."

You folded up the map and tucked it into your messenger bag. You continued to walk down the trail, reciting the colors of each stepping stone in your head.

'Red, purple, yellow, blue…'

The green grass slowly started to dissolve into a blanket of white as you passed a red and white striped sign pointing towards the candy cane forest.

"Should have taken the Rainbow Trail," you muttered to yourself as a gust of chilly wind seeped through your dress, chilling you to the bone.

You rubbed your arms for warmth and sped up your pace, trying to get out of the cold, mint air of the forest as quickly as possible.  

As you neared a bend in the path, something suddenly jumped out from a bushel into the center of the path.  

You stopped in your tracks with gasp and your hand flew to your chest as you came face to face with a red and white beaver with a peppermint swirled tail.

You stared down at the small animal in confusion and it stared back up at you.

You took a few steps towards it and deemed it to be safe when the beaver stayed rooted in its spot.

"Where's your owner?" you asked, crouching in front of the lost animal.

The beaver titled its head the side as it continued to stare at you.

"Minty? Minty?!"

You turned your head to the side to see a boy emerging from the tall stalks of peppermint canes. He was dressed in red and white from head to toe. A white turtle neck under a red jacket, white jeans, and red and white skate shoes. Even the top portion of his hair was frosted white blonde.

"There you are!" he beamed when his eyes landed on the beaver (which you figured was named Minty) that was sitting in front of you.

You stood up straight and smoothed out the skirt of your dress as he stepped onto the path and clipped a collar around the beaver's neck.

"There you go," he patted his pet on the head, "Now go back home."

You would be lying if you said that you weren't impressed when the beaver immediately followed his commands and ran back into the thick of the forest.

The boy stood up and brushed off his jeans before looking up at you, "I'm sorry if he was being bothersome, this little guy is always getting into trouble."

"Oh, he wasn't bothering me," you answered shyly.

"Well, thank you finding him anyways," he flashed you a heart stopping smile.

You could feel your face heating up, "It's no problem."

"I'm Lee Minwoo," he introduced himself, "Son of Lee Kyungwoo, also known as Mr. Mint."

"Mr. Mint has a son?" you asked.

"Yeah, dad doesn't really publicize it," he shrugged.

"Well, I'm ______," you grinned.

"Nice to meet you, ______," he nodded, "So what brings you to the Peppermint Forest?"

"Just passing through," you said as you started to walk down the path again.

"Oh, where you headed to?" Minwoo asked as he fell into step with you.

 "Candy Castle," you responded.

"Why didn't you just take the Rainbow Trail?" he scratched his head in confusion.

"I'm regretting that right now, trust me," you mumbled as another breeze of cold air hit you.

"Here," Minwoo shrugged out of his jacket and draped it over your shoulders, "Take this."

"But won't you get cold?" you started to remove the jacket but he placed his hand over yours.

"I'm fine," he shook his head, "I live here remember?"

Minwoo held your bag for you and you let out a sigh as you slipped your arms through the sleeves.

"Warm?" he asked as he placed your bag on your shoulder.

"Yes, thank you," you whispered shyly.

The two of you continued to leisurely stroll down the trail, you no longer in a rush to get out of the cold and Minwoo not wanting to leave your side just yet.

"So, why are you going to see the King?" he asked, clasping his hands behind his back.

"I have to deliver something for my parents," you glanced over at him before looking back down at your feet.

"Ahhh, I see," he nodded.

The two of you fell silent for a while. It wasn't an awkward silent, but a comfortable one.

"Well, here we are," Minwoo sighed when the two of you reached the edge of the forest.

Minwoo looked at you when he saw you starting to remove his jacket.

"Oh no," he shook his head, "You keep it. You might need it later on."

"Are you sure?" you asked tentatively.

"Of course," he fixed the jacket so it rested nicely on your shoulders. You your lips into your mouth to stop a goofy smile from forming on your face.

"Right down there are the Gumdrop Mountains," he pointed to the colorful mounds in the distance, "Take the Gumdrop Pass, it's not much of a shortcut but it will save you some time."

"Got it," you nodded.

"And watch out for Lord Licorice," he advised, "He can be really … sneaky."

"I will," you smiled up at the boy standing in front of you.

You puffed out your cheeks as the two of you fell into to silence once more, neither of you wanting to be the first to leave.

"Thank you, Minwoo," you gripped the handle of your bag.

"No need to thank me, it was my pleasure," he shook his head, "So I guess I'll see you later?"

"Later?" you pouted, not really knowing what he meant.

"You are going to return my jacket, right?" he smirked.

You glanced down at the red coat you were wearing and your eyes widened, "Oh! Yes! Of course!"

Minwoo laughed and ruffled your hair, "Have a safe trip," he called as he walked backwards towards the rows of red and white columns, "Don't forget everything I told you."

"I won't," you called back, allowing your lips to stretch into a smile.

You bit your lip and gave him a small wave as he disappeared back into the chilly forest. Taking a deep breath, you turned around on your heels and wrapped his jacket tightly around your body as you continued down the path.