For Me It's Only You

For Me It's Only You

 

Sighing in frustration, you roll on top of your bed, trying to get your mind straight. I am in love with my best friend…You sat up starring into thin air for a long moment before finally getting up and out of bed.

 

You took a short shower, thinking of what your girl friends had said to you a few nights before. Sighing again, you finished and got ready for the day.

 

Walking down to the kitchen, the vibrations of your phone startled you.

 

Hey, remember to make us your delicious lunch boxes you promised. <3

 -Taekwoon

 

Smiling to yourself; you bit your bottom lip and replied telling him to expect them later in the day. Looking at the time you placed your phone to the side and began working on the six lunch boxes.

 

No, he wasn’t your boyfriend; you both weren’t together at all really, you were simply his best friend since childhood. Though every time you both hung out, there were sparks that others see between you. Your two close friends even told you that you liked him; you were just utterly… clueless.

 

It wasn’t until the realization had hit you. When you’re with him you were always happy, you blushed more with him than any other guy, and your heart skips a beat only for him. 

 

You started to work on the other member’s lunch boxes before you got to Taekwoon’s. Their lunch boxes consisted of the same things, plain white rice, broiled salmon, kimbap, and a bit of Kimchi. Carefully placing the food neatly into the lunch boxes you nodded to yourself.

 

Moments later you started with Taekwoon’s lunch box, though his had similar contents you added a few more ingredients, even using your little character food cutters to make his extra special. You decided to leave him a note wrapped in plastic wrap hidden under the ingredients. Finally finishing, you place the lunch boxes carefully into a bag before walking to your little brother’s room

 

“Hey Sungjae, let’s go see your Leo hyung and s, ne?” You eye smiled when he nods eagerly and hopped off his bed.

 

Grabbing your little 8 year old brother’s hand you guided him to the car. “Noona, can we eat ice cream after?” He asked sweetly so you would agree. Laughing at his cuteness you nodded and got him into the backseat, securing him into the seat.

 

As soon as you both were ready, you drove off to the company your friend had worked at for a while. On the way you played Rock Ur Body which made you and Sungjae sing at the top of your lungs. Laughing you reached the parking lot of the building and carefully parked your car.

 

Taking Sungjae’s hand you walked to the elevator, pressing the floor number you both waited patiently. Hearing the ding, your heart suddenly races slightly. You both walked out and went to the practice room. Opening the door Sungjae rushed in and smiled at his hyungs, hugging each of them tightly.

 

“Hey buddy!” yelled Ken. He picked up the boy and played with him. The other guys gathered around joking with Sungjae.

 

Turning your head you noticed Taekwoon talking to a girl trainee. You suddenly snapped out a bit and realized the shy and quiet Taekwoon was talking to another girl. This somehow shattered your heart; he never really talked to anyone unless it was you. He soon noticed you and waved a bit before going back to his conversation.

 

Smiling awkwardly you waved back, and then turned to settle the lunch boxes on top of the table. Your younger brother walked over to you and pulled you to the guys. Sitting in a circle, they all started talking about the recent events that happened. Sungjae was intrigued and sat there listening to their every word. You on the other hand, were in your own world, thinking about Taekwoon the entire time. Leo, it seems like your protective bubble popped for another person? I guess my chance is gone…

 

“Noona… is it okay if I stay here with the hyungs and you get our ice creams pwease?” Sungjae asks, tilting his head to the side he gives you his famous puppy eyes.

 

Laughing, a soft smile appears on your lips as you finally nod. “Arasseo, I’ll be back in a bit then. So you be good.” You poked his noise before getting up and looking at the others. “Omo, you all should start eating the lunch boxes now.” Giving them a thumb up, you made your way out.

 

After a few moments that you have left, Taekwoon finished talking to the girl, finally. Walking over to the others, he noticed that you were already gone while everyone was eating the delicious food.

“She’ll be back in a bit, she is going to buy me ice cream!” Sungjae talks while eating some kimbap.

Nodding, he sat down next to Sungjae and took his lunch box. Everyone gasp and stared at his lunch box, it had so much food, well put together.

“… NOT FAIR! I’m nicer to Taeyeon than you!” Ken whined and pouted. Everyone else laughed at his voice and patted his head.

Hakyeon whispers in Ken’s ear and they both smirk, nodding slowly before they look over at Taekwoon’s direction. He was eating quietly, not bothering with the others’ whining. Half way through the lunch box, he blinks and stares a piece of paper wrapped neatly in a plastic wrap. Taking it out he unwraps the note and reads it. He stares blankly at the note before realizing what it actually meant.

“You know, I didn’t want to mention this before, but wasn’t Taeyeon quieter than usual today. She also wasn’t paying attention to any of our stories.” Ravi explained while feeding little Sungjae.

Feeling bad, Taekwoon gets up from the table. “I was supposed to confess…” he mumbled while leaving the room.

The members all stared at the leaving figure; Hakyeon was the first to speak up. “Our baby… he’s growing up Yeobo.” He hugs Ken and fakes a happy sob.

____

You were walking around with the handles of the basket over your arm. “I guess it’s alright to walk around a little longer, they won’t mind much…” You said quietly to yourself while sighing. You stared at the items in the frozen section.

“Sure, they won’t mind, but I do.” Blinking, you turned around and gasp. There he was Jung Taekwoon; your best friend had appeared before you. Turning slightly pink you smiled and waved awkwardly.

He pulled you closer by the waist and stares at you for a moment. “She was only a company worker, needing my help.” He explained.

Your eyes widened and you flailed your hands lightly, “Omo, I wasn’t questioning that, that’s your business oppa. Gwenchana!” as you tried to explain why you left to the store, he pulled his face closer and kissed you softly.

In shock, you froze for quite a while before kissing him back. As he pulls away, he gives you a little smile, “I love you too.” He nods and continues to hold you close.

“…” Staring at him you finally realized you left the note in his lunch and punched his arm lightly. “You could’ve said that before hand. I didn’t want to confess you know.” Pouting you stuck out your tongue and continued searching for ice cream with him following right behind.

“So… will you be my girlfriend then?” He questioned, giving you one of his icy cold stares.

Swallowing hard you poke his forehead while blushing. “Yes~” Giggling you smiled at him, taking a hold of his hand and laced your fingers together.

He chuckled quietly and walked around the grocery store with you.