Nothing but friends

When Love Takes Over
Ok guys, a few things: 1. THANK YOU so so much for subscribing! 2. I'm sorry for the late update, my laptop is broken and I was hoping to get my dad's but that didn't happen yet. (That's also the reason why like one half is in one big fat paragraph.) 3. I just wanted to warn you - I'm neither a st☆rlight nor a doubling, so if I describe things uncorrectly or miss out something bare with me or even better, tell me! ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hakyeon was close to crying out loud or slap somebody really hard in the face, preferably himself. He was so dumb. Seriously, how could anybody be this dumb? In deep agony, he starred at the phone infront of him. Why had he decided to delete all of his messages today of all days? Why? A low groan escaped his lips and he messaged his one temple. Damn. Would it be too embarassing to ask Minhyuk again? It wouldn't, right? But then on the other hand, he had already asked for her number twice.. asking a third time would probably look weird.

"Oh hell", he said to no one special and then suddenly jumped from his chair. Hadn't he..? In less than a second he had excited his room and was running through the dorm, eagerly looking around with little wrinkles on his forehead. Hongbin who had been watching his favourite tv show starred at him in confusion but the intently searching Hakyeon didn't seem to notice.

 

“Hyung? Can I somehow help you?“

"Euhh.. Oh, yeah, have you seen a little yellow note somewhere?" Hongbin shook his head and the older sighed deeply. After continuing to run around for another ten minutes, he finally gave up and sank down on one of the sofas.

"Was it something important?", Hongbin asked and Hakyeon nodded to then hesitate and shake his head afterwards. Waiting for his leader to give an explanation, the second youngest raised one eyebrow.

"It's Eunyoung's number.. Minhyuk gave it to me because I accidentally deleted it. And today is her birthday! How can I not congratulate her? I'd feel so bad. I mean- I don't know, I just want to wish her a happy birthday."

 

Hongbin rolled his eyes. He should've known it was about Eunyoung – Hakyeon only got so worked up when she was involved. It was somehow cute to see the older trying to deny he had any deeper feelings when clearly he had fallen for her head over heels. The boys had already considered telling Eunyoung about it just so they hadn't had to deal with his from time to time upcoming lovesickness but no. Hakyeon would've killed them. And the chances of the pretty brunette believing them were low anyways.. not that she hadn't had any reason: Hakyeon had rejected her. Twice in three days. And Hongbin had the slight feeling her crying had not only been show. Not the best circumstances, right?

“Hyung, I don't think she's expecting something. Remember? You chose Jiwon“, he jokingly answered and regretted it a second later. Hakyeon had frozen at the mention of Jiwon and was now clenching his fingers in an inner fight.

“Oh.. of course.. - You're right. She'll probably be upset if I call her, won't she? How stupid of me. Why would she be interested in getting congratulated by me? I made her cry..“, he said, appearently trying to not sound bothered but lord, Hongbin could see that he was feeling really down.

“I'm sorry, I wasn't saying that she won't like it.. I just don't think she'll be waiting for it. But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't call her-“

“Well, I don't have her number anyways so.. whatever, I'll just go practicing now.“

 

"No, Hyung, wait!", Hongbin tried to get a hold of Hakyeon but said had already rosen from the sofa and walked into his room. The younger gritted his teeth. Great, now the leader would fall into depression again. After he had returned from the Romantic and Idol filming, he had done nothing but tell s what a bad person he was. That he was feeling like the worst jerk in the universe. When told that it had only been a variety show, he had just nodded and sighed, replying that it made everything even more complicated. As he did now, he had fighted against his sadness with practicing, over and over again. 

"What's wrong with him?", Jaehwan who had just entered the living room was obviously surprised. "He didn't even greet me, he just passed by - Hakyeon never does that!" After observing the younger's expression for a short second he sighed amd sat down. "Eunyoung again?", he asked and Hongbin nodded. "It's her birthday and I made the mistake to remind him that she's not expecting his birthday wishes. At least from all we know she isn't expecting it", he said somewhat bitterly and for a few moments they sat in silence, both sunken in deep thoughts. "Sometimes I really wonder how she feels about him.. if she's as obsessed with him as he is with her", Hongbin spoke up again and the main vocalist awkwardly scratched his neck. "We'll probably never know. I mean, look at him; he'll never ever have the guts to ask her what she thinks of him. Why is he getting so weird when it's about her? It's like he's another person." "Hyung.. that's what you call love. Ever heard of that?" "Pff. Very funny! That's not what I meant though.. the fact he fell in love - if he did - through a variety show and then rejecting his object of admiration is indeed weird, isn't it?", Jaehwan pointed out and Hongbin agreed with a little nod. "Well yeah kind of.. and its not like him either to be controlled by his emotions this much. Where did his fighter spirit go? Does it stop working when it comes to love or what?" "He needs to know he doesn't think of her as 'just a friend' in order to fight, I suppose." "True. Anyway, we should think about options to make our lovesick cry baby happy again. I hate it when he's in such a bad mood!" "Easier said than done", the older mumbled and made a face. "If only he would admit to himself he likes her! It'd make everything so much easier. We wouldn't need to worry and he'd be happy." Hongbin concurred to that with a half smile. He had often wondered how Hakyeon had managed to be in denial of his feelings for so long; everyone around him knew, even the CEO. Part of him really wished for his friend and Eunyoung to meet again and be able to get to know each other better. The other part, however, was hoping they would just get over each other. After all, they were rookies and the k-pop industry was everything but supportive towards young idol couples. Sighing inwardly, he thought about his leader who was probably working his off right now in the helpless attempt to forget about his problems. Why did everything had to be so complicated?