Just a little bit interested

When Love Takes Over

The song I'm talking about is Brian Joo's Let This Die - if you haven't already, check it out! The kiss scene really is awesome (especially for Korean standards!) Oh and just saying in case somebody might misunderstood - she's in denial. And everytime she realises that there might be more to it, she goes in defence mode because well, doesn't seem like N returns her feeling at that point, right?

And another thing: this scene takes place a while after the Romantic & Idol filming but before their comeback. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 Aish“, Eunyoung cursed and dropped her insanely heavy bag on the floor to then throw herself on the bed. With a deep sigh, she stretched her hurting back and shut her eyes. Damn, she really was tired. Her whole body was longing for some hours of sleep to relieve the stress she was carrying around with her since weeks but she knew she couldn't and that made sleeping even more desirable. Abruptly opening her eyes again, she rose from the mattress and took out her phone from the bag.

 

*One new message from Jiyou*

Probably wants me to buy the groceries again, Eunyoung thought and opened the message without much anticipation. To her surprise, it was a YouTube link along with the words 'Lips were made to be kissed. Is he the one?' and she couldn't help but chuckle. Jiyou's trying to be mysterious again, the brunette thought and after a second of hesitation clicked the link. It was a music video; Brian Joo's music video to be exact. Interesting but why the hell would Jiyou sent her a video from Brian – Jellyfish Entertainment. Great. Eunyoung rolled her eyes. She had a feeling where this was going and indeed, as soon as the video started, one of the VIXX members appeared. Where there is one member, others will show up too and so Eunyoung waited, knowing that every second HE would appear. One long minute had passed when he finally did and her heart cramped at all his beauty. She smiled a bit too bright at his wet hair and dark eyes, just that little bit too much that maybe, under different circumstances could have been interpreted as love. But obviously not in her case. No, she was far from being in any kind of close relationship to him and having the right to feel such a thing. The smile dropped from her face at that thought and without wanting it, a small sigh escaped her lips. She didn't like the direction her thoughts were going, she didn't like it at all.

 

Spacing out a bit, she didn't pay enough attention to the video when something caught her eye. Had that been a kiss? Eunyoung stared at the screen with wide eyes. And had that really been.. him? She furrowed her eyebrows and tilted her head to the side to then wind back a bit and watch the scene again. Yes.. yes, that certainly was him. She bit her lips. Should she really watch it once more or was that- without realising, her fingers had already touched the screen and rewinded. Well, she was just checking out if he was a good actor so it was completely reasonable. Right?

After having replayed his scene for three times, she stopped at the second where him and the actress were admiring a ring. For a while she just dreamily peered at the fixed image and wondered what it would have been like to be the actress. It seemed to be quite enjoyable, didn't it? A smile unknowingly appeared on her features again when she thought of it and she sighed somewhat happily. She could still feel his hand around hers, the soft skin warm against her cold fingers. For some reason, she missed the feeling.

 

Just then the sound of an opening door echoed through the dorm, bringing her back to reality and Eunyoung mentally slapped herself.What the hell had she been thinking? Thoughts like this were dangerous for her. They would leave her sad and disappointed and with way too many hopes to be fulfilled. And right now, they were all Jiyou's doing! With an angry snort, the maknae got up, ran across the flat and entered the leader's room.
"Yah", she yelled and glared at the seemingly confused Jiyou. "Why would you ask me to watch that video?"
"Well, obviously because Hakyeon is in it, furiously kissing a girl and she wants you to know how much of a bad boy he is", Surin answered from somewhere out of the room and Eunyoung rolled her eyes. Why did the other know what video she was talking about though? For a second, she was disturbed. Was there some kind of joke going on that she had missed? Just because she had been talking about him like once. Or twice. Maybe even a bit more than that. But certainly not more than thirty times! With raised eyebrows, she turned her attention back to Jiyou who was approaching her with a big smile on her face.

"Not necessarily a bad boy", the older said and then, blinking innocently, added: "but I have to say he looks like he is a good kisser. Wouldn't mind trying that out!"
 

Before Eunyoung was able to hit her, she had escaped out of her reach and laughed heartily and very satisfied with herself.
"Why would you even care about that", the brunette mouthed and left the room, purposely ignoring the cheerful "Love is in the air~" and loudly shutting the door.
"What a kindergarten", she mumbled and sat down in front of her computer again. Nonsense. She wasn't even the slightest bit in love with Hakyeon, she was just admiring him as an artist! And feeling the urgent need to watch that kissing scene again was nothing but taking interest in his work.

 

But for some reason even she herself wasn't convinced by that lame excuse and so she just starred at her phone and at the still fixed image. With her pointing finger she traced down the lines of his face: the prominent cheekbones, the small nose, the thin lips. Actually, she had no right or reason to be interested in him – she had been rejected. In front of the camera. Twice. It had been a variety show, so theoretically there shouldn't be feelings involved but still, Eunyoung was hurt. Very hurt. At first, she had been embarassed but after some time had passed, she had realised that somehow she felt almost heartbroken.. as if he had dumped her. Or tossed away the chocolates she made for him. Groaning, she massaged her temples. Why, oh why did she always fall for the bad guys? But then, of course, she hadn't fallen for him. She was just hypothetically considering the possibility of her falling for him. Wasn't she?

 

Whatever the case was, she should stop watching videos of Hakyeon kissing some es actresses and focus on her work. She should finally move her ! No Hakyeon anymore. No music videos. No performances. Nothing. Yes.

 

And with that, Eunyoung got up from her chair and began looking through the text files for their comeback.