Chapter 1

It Was Never Too Late

HyeJung’s POV:

At first I thought the world was full of fairytales, full of LOVE and PEACE. But it’s all just a lie. No one will always be by your side. I realized things too late now. It was all too late for things to be okay. And it never will be.

I only had one friend from the start. Byun Baekhyun. He’s my one and only friend, a TRUE one at that. As childhood friends, we’re INSPERABALE.

It’s quite how sad that Baekhyun’s popular throughout the whole school population. It’s because the girls always gets mad at me if I’m being too close to my best friend. So I try to distance myself from him whenever they’re around. I don’t get to spend my quality time with him.

But he would always say,

“HyeJung-ah, don’t mind them. I’ll be here. Just like always.”

Then he gives me a soft smile to assure me. No wonder the girls like him. He’s sweet, kind, handsome and many more you could ask for. The only thing that scares me the most is that every time he says those words, I would always believe him.

I actually got adopted by his parents, since my parents died in a car accident when I was 7 years old. I never expected them to die early in front of my eyes. It actually hurts because my dreams and hopes all crashed down on me. The dreams that I was about to fulfill.

This past week, Baekhyun gave me a bunch of friends. Luhan, Sehun, Kris, Tao, Chen, Xiumin, Lay, Suho, Chanyeol, D.O, and Kai. I was happy that they easily accepted me in the group.

Baekhyun’s POV:

HyeJung… I really feel bad for my best friend. She deserves everything that’s best for her. But what does she get?! She gets bullied, made fun of, and being laughed at. I hate how everything is hard for her when she’s the one who needs the outmost care.

It’s good that we both take all of the same classes. The EXO boys and I decided that we should walk her home. I’m thankful for the guys because they all know her situation.

“HyeJung?” I easily make my way towards her.

“Baekhyun!” She greeted.

“I’ll see you after class okay? The boys and I will be waiting!”

“Baekhyun you don’t have too. You’re fan girls might see us!” She panicked.

“It’s okay. I’ll be there remember?” I calmed her.

“Deh~ Thank you Baek.” She smiled softly as she reached out to hug me.