Second Day

Thirty Days

Jinae stepped out of the market, eager to go back into her cool, underground shop. "Finally, some decent parts that'll fix my knees," she mumbled.

Once in the shop, Jinae immediately got to work on replacing the bolts that kept her bones together. She carefully cut her fair skin with a chunk of carved obsidian, in such a way that shouldn't leave a scar when healed, and unscrewed the rusted bolts that made her bones creak.

--

Choi Junhong was feeling absolutely devastated. His favorite android, Totomato, had broken down that morning. He had been dancing in his own little private dance studio he dug up not too long ago. Totomato had been with him, energetic and cheering Junhong on as he danced. That is- until Junhong stepped on him.

Junhong was now on his way to a mechanic shop; one he's heard others speak of. The mechanic was said to be extremely talented, and very pretty.

When Junhong arrived, no one was there. He decided to look around while he waited for the mechanic to come. "Hmmm... would Totomato forgive me if I gave him a metal frog? Meh. Worth a shot." He wandered around until he came to the deepest part of the shop. There, he heard the clinking and clacking of metal.

"Oh, the mechanic must be working," the boy mumbled.

Curious, he tiptoed over to the heavy curtains that blocked his view into the workshop. He flicked the curtains aside and poked his head in. He gasped.

--

Jinae's POV

I turned, eyes wide, to the intruder. "Y-YAH. THIS IS MY WORKSPACE. GET OUT!" I was frantic. A cloth was draped over my leg.

"Y-y-you..." The boy pointed, shocked. I felt like crying. No one was supposed to know my secret; hence the word secret. "Please don't tell anyone. I'll do anything," I pleaded, feeling tears brim my eyes.

The intruder stepped forward, dazed. "Do... do you need... help?" he asked softly, ignoring my request.

I looked down at the nearly transparent, worn out white cloth covering the open wound. The outline of metal was seen through the fabric. "N-no. Just don't tell anyone about what you've seen... and get out. Please."

The boy stepped forward, again ignoring my request. "I'm Junhong... Choi Junhong. But people call me Zelo." he stuck a hand out. "L-lee Jinae," I whispered. So he's the famous Zelo I've heard about. Doesn't look much like a rebel to me. Zelo grinned. "I won't tell anyone your secret," I sighed in relief, "Under one condition." My body tensed.

"and what would that be?" I asked cautiously. "Fix Totomato for free, and watch me dance every day at my dance studio." Zelo smirked. 

"What the hell is a Totomato, and why do you want me to watch you?" I asked. "Totomato is my android- I broke him. And I don't really know myself. Just come."

And that was the beginning of my torturous life. Even more so than before.

 


i just realized how similar this story may seem to another story i've come across o_o it's called 30% Battery Life. The main character is Zelo too. I'd like to clarify that this story, in no way, has anything to do with 30% Battery Life. I didn't realize how similar they were until recently, and I apologize. I'll remove this story if the author of 30% Battery Life wants me to.