First Day

Thirty Days

Jinae munched on a grilled cheese sandwhich while she inspected her recent x-rays. "Hmm... a wire's sticking out in my rib cage," she mumbled as her gaze diverted towards the pale skin that covered her sides.

Ever since Jinae had operated on her arm, her upper body did not function correctly. Jinae sighed and devoured the rest of her sandwhich. Business was slow that day.

Jinae leaned back in her stool and unwrapped the cast that was over her right elbow. Her open wound showed nothing but the titanium of her bones and the broken wires that were currently trying to grow back. She winced at the sight of missing flesh and tightened the cast around her elbow.

All that was heard while the robot stood up was the creaking of her rusted joints. "Aish. I have to replace my knee caps again." Jinae pouted. She grabbed a brush and clumsily ran the bristles through her straight black hair. "Might as well buy new supplies while I'm out," Jinae said to herself as she walked out of her underground shop into the intense heat.

Jinae squinted her eyes in the bright sun, barely seeing ten feet in front of her. She took a step, only to trip over a loose pebble. Jinae shut her eyes, waiting for the impact of her metal bones against the hard ground. It never came.

She opened her eyes, only to shut them again when she saw the face of a man she did not know. "th-thank you," Jinae stuttered. "Are you scared?" a soothing deep voice asked. Jinae opened her eyes to see the voice was coming from the stranger who saved her from falling. "n-no-" she cleared , "I mean- no. Please let go of me."

The man laughed-a funny laugh for a man with such a comforting voice. It was cute though. "That's a nice way to greet the person who just prevented your bony little behind from clashing with the stone"

Jinae squirmed around, trying to stand, "I mean it, sir. It's much too hot for any physical contact above ground." The man helped her stand, grinning. Jinae threw her long hair over her shoulder and continued on her way to the underground market. "I'm Daehyun, by the way. Jung Daehyun. See you around, Jinae" The man shouted after her.

Jinae didn't even acknowledge the fact that she never told Daehyun her name. She was very well known, after all.

--

meh. short chapter, but I can't keep my 5 subbies waiting haha. comment, subscribe and . <3

I'm off to cook dinner for Bang and Zelo. wish me luck. XD