Chapter 1 - The Interview

State of Love

 

A Neighbor Turns Best Friend

 

“Jung YoonJi, can i ask you something?” asked Nam Jihyun, host of the biggest interview program in Korea, “Talking With The Stars” as they were sitting on a sofa in the studio.

YoonJi looked up to her. “You are asking me something,” she said, making the viewers giggled.

Jihyun laugh a little. “Aww cutie, i know but it’s not something like that. It’s kinda... personal. Do you mind?” asked her.  This time, YoonJi hesitated a bit.

“Okay,” she said finally.

Jihyun smiled. “Well i heard your parents got divorced, didn’t they?” she asked carefully.

“Yeah that’s right. I’m living with my dad and my only brother now... wait, they said they’d be coming here today. Where are they, huh?” She explored the whole viewers in the building with her eyes until she found her dad and her brother, sitting in the back. She smiled. “Aaah, there they are!” she pointed at them then waved cutely.

Then everyone started to have their eyes on her family. Her dad and her brother smiled shyly before gave a bow to the others.

“waah, they’re good looking too just like you,” Jihyun praised them.

“Oh, kamsahamnida...” she gave a bow on her seat.

“So, how’s life without your mom? I mean i know your parents got divorced when you were eight... and i’m sure you haven’t gotten your first period because of what i’ve heard, you got it when you were eleven?”

Yoonji’s eyes got widen. “Wow, are you stalking me this whole time? How could you even know that?”  she was just so surprised.

Jihyun turned to giggle. “You’re an idol now, privacy gets smaller place. By the way, how was ‘it’ without your mom?” she asked again.

YoonJi started to cover her cheeks with her hand while the whole viewers were laughing at her. “aigooo, this is really embarrassing. Should I really tell this?”

All viewers, along with Jihyun and the staffs nodded, signaling they surely would love to hear her embarrassing story. Seeing this, Yoonji covered her cheeks again. “Uhm, I... i told about it to my brother because my dad wasn’t at home that moment and yeah, it really freaked him out. He didn’t know what to do. You know he was the one with the pale face that time and not me hahaha!” she explained while rubbing her red cheeks. Sounds of laughs from the viewers could be heard everywhere in the building.

“Oh mom, look at what you have done to your little daughter,” she shook her head as she was disappointed. As she realized about something, she looked up and began to looking for her brother again.  “Oh, Jinyoung oppa mianhaeyo...”

Then everyone started to laugh uncontrollably hearing what she was saying to her brother with her innocent look.

“...you’re the best, oppa! Oh, and you too dad. You’re so special for me.” She said, giving her family a warm smile while her brother just gave her a bitter smile.

“Aww... she is so sweet,” everyone began to praise her.

Suddenly Jihyun was interrupting the sweet moment with a question. “Speaking up about the special person... what about Boyfriend’s No Minwoo?”

Yoonji stopped looking at her brother as soon as she heard Minwoo’s name. She turned her head to Jihyun. “Excuse me?”

Jihyun smiled. “I know both of you are close, well almost everybody know that. I also heard that he call you uhm… Minimou?” She gave YoonJi a questioning look.

When she saw YoonJi nod, she started to continue. “Minimou… what is that?”

YoonJi gave her a giggle before she answered her question. “While he loves Mickey Mouse, I love Minnie Mouse character and I used to pronounce it wrong, like Minimou, so he called me that,” she smiled, “until now.”

“Of course he does. Well according to how close you are, what is Minwoo-ssi is actually for you?” Jihyun asked, making everybody had their eyes on YoonJi, started to become curious.

YoonJi look up, rolled her eyes to every corner of the building before she faced Nam Jihyun again. Easy question, she thought. Well, she had heard this question a lot before.

“Well he is just a neighbor who happens to be my best friend.” She smiled. “And no, we’re not dating.”

o o o

YoonJi was walking down the stairs to the backstage. She was thinking how the interview went well when she heard someone was talking to her.

A neighbor who happens to be your best friend, huh?” Minwoo said with a smirk.

“You’re here?” she said in surprise, running toward Minwoo then gave him a flash hug. That guy just nodded in a weird way as he hugged YoonJi back. “I’m not going to miss your interview, silly.” He pushed her forehead by his index finger, then handed YoonJi a bottle of water. It was a good thing since she was sooo dying for water.

“Thanks,” she replied simply. “I thought you have a schedule now,”

Minwoo nodded. “It’s done already, 2 hours ago. And then he looked at Yoonji playfully. “uhm, what about you said ‘he is my boyfriend, of course we’re dating’” Minwoo teased.

As soon as she heard that, YoonJi failed to drink her water and ended spill it all up.

“aish, watch out Minimou! You spill your water everywhere!” Minwoo startled.

YoonJi wiped . “ugh, damn it. You’re not even my boyfriend! Go wash your face!” she said. “And i’m sure you’ll never see me again if I said that. You have so many fangirls you know,”

The next-door boy smirked. “Jealous much, huh?”

“Eeww, i’m not.”

“You are,”

YoonJi sighed. “Well, whatever. Let’s go find...”

“Good job, girl. That’s going to be the hot news. ‘YoonJi’s brother freaked out during her first period’” Jinyoung came out from whenever he was from before. He crossed his arm in his chest, making YoonJi giggle.

Minwoo smiled. “Well he is here now.”

“Oh, I’ve said ‘I am sorry’ before. But honestly, i was more embarrassed than you,” she said before receiving a hard slap on the head from her brother. “aaw!”

“Yeah, of course. But if i’m not mistaken Minwoo was there too, right?” Jinyoung turned to Minwoo.

YoonJi rubbed her head in pain, faced Minwoo with a weird face. “He was...”

“I was haha, and you should thanked my mom for helping you back then,” Minwoo pinched her red cheeks. “Why didn’t you say that i was there?”

YoonJi pouted. “I did thank your mom. And well, it’s really going to be the hot news if I really said that.” she said.

Stood there, Minwoo stared at YoonJi as he was remembering about it. “You know you looked like a stupid girl when you saw the blood haha and i... ow!” Minwoo stopped, rubbing his head because YoonJi tap his head hard. “aish, this girl!”

“Stop it already.” said YoonJi then walked away.

“Someone’s maaad~” Jinyoung then laughed. “Alright let’s just go home now,”

YoonJi raised an eyebrow. “Are you sure i can go home now? Unnie never told me that,”

Her brother was about to say something but someone interrupted him. “Yes you may go home, darl, as your reward. But remember, it’s just two days. You too, Minwoo.”

YoonJi turned her head to the voice. There she saw her tall manager, Choi Sooyoung, holding YoonJi’s bag before she gave it to her.

“Oh my god, thank you unnie!” She gave her manager a flash hug.

“Sooyoung unnie, did you tell Minji yet?” she asked. Minji was living with her in their dorm so that was why she started to worry about her. Not because she was going to leave her for two days but more likely scared if Minji would scold her when she get back.

FYI, Minji was still a trainee under the Starship entertainment.

“Of course I did. But you better call her then,” said Sooyoung wisely.

“Alright, I’m going home now, bye!” she waved cutely then dragged Jinyoung and Minwoo to come with her.

 “Where’s dad?” asked Minwoo. No, Minwoo was not asking about his dad. He called YoonJi’s and Jinyoung’s father with “dad” too, according to how close they are.

Jinyoung tap his shoulder. “He’s already in the car. Come on, let’s go!”

 

o o o

 

A/N:

Hi readers, thank you for wasting your precious time to read this little story ^^ I'm sure i'll make a better chapter in my next update. As usual, please bear with my horrible grammar XP

And oh please do subscribe and comment, just to let me know i'm not the only one who's enjoying this :D

 

enjoy~