Prologue - Introducing Me

State of Love

 

December 27 1999

The sun was so bright when a little girl came to a playground near her neighborhood with her mom.  She explored the playground with her dark brown eyes then asked her mom to play with her. Her mom just smiled and followed her daughter to the things she wanted to play with.

About a half hour later, she was finally tired and decided to sit on the sandbox. She was about to play with the sand when suddenly someone called her mom.

“Jung YoonJi-ah, would you stay here for a while? I’ll just go talk to my friend over there,” her mom said while pointing at the corner of the playground where a woman was standing there with her son. The woman gave her a friendly waved.

“Okay, i’ll be waiting for you mom.” answered YoonJi cutely.

 “That’s my daughter. I’ll buy you an ice cream when i come back.” Her mom smiled, and then started to walk away.

For some minutes she just sat there playing with the sand. She then took a glance when a little boy came and sat beside her.

“annyeonghaseyo,” the little boy greeted her with a smile. She just smiled back for a while, didn’t even say a thing.

“Minwoo-ya, just stay there and don’t be naughty okay?!” shouted his mom from the corner of the playground. His mom, the one who was having a little conversation with her mom.

The little boy nodded while giving his thumb. And the next thing he did was playing with his toy car and a doll. A Mickey Mouse doll.

YoonJi finally gave her attention to the little boy. No, not him but his Mickey doll. Yes, she was attracted to it.

And with a sudden move, she stole the doll. “Whoa, this is cute!”

Minwoo faced her with a confused look. “Hey that’s mine!”

“I know, but i like it.” she said while hugging the doll. “It’s cute,”

“It is but you can’t have it.” Minwoo tried to take the doll back.

“No, i wanna play with it!”

“Me too, so give it back to me!”

But the little girl wouldn’t want to let the doll go. “No!”

Minwoo looked back to take his toy car. He sighed before handed it to the girl. “You can have this car but not my Mickey,” he offered.

“So this doll has its own name...” YoonJi stared at the Mickey doll before she rolled her eyes to the toy car. She looked at it for a while, and then shook her head. “That’s not cute.”

That was it. Suddenly Minwoo grabbed her hair and started to pull it hard, making her groaned in pain.

“AISH, GIVE MY MICKEY BACK!”

“AWW... MOM!”

o o o

January 8 2000

“Hey!”

YoonJi who was sitting on a bench in the playground turned her face to the little boy behind her. The same little boy who fought with her for a Mickey doll in the playground before. No Minwoo.

Her mom ever said he was their neighbor, next door actually. She asked YoonJi to show him her good manner but YoonJi refused it because she didn't like him at all. So that time, she decided to ignore him.

 “Here,” he showed a doll to her. “This is for you.”

YoonJi finally looked up to him before rolled her eyes to the doll. “For me?”

“Um. Take it. My mom bought it for you,” Minwoo handed the doll to her. “It’s called Minnie Mouse, that’s yours,” then he showed another doll. “And this is Mickey Mouse. This is mine.” He gave her a charming smile. “Yours is a girl version of mine,”

YoonJi stared at the doll for a while, turned to Minwoo... then the doll again. “Minni Mou...” she mumbled. Minwoo just giggled because she didn’t pronounce it correctly.

She looked up to Minwoo again before her lips formed a cute smile. “Thank you so much,” she hugged the Minnie doll. “I’m turning 4 today because it’s my birthday and this is a present from you!” She cheered up.

“Oh really? That’s good! Happy birthday!” then Minwoo sat on the bench next to her. “So you’re 4 now? I am also 4 but this year i'll be turning 5,”

“You are older than me,” she said. “Thank you... uhm, what’s your name?” 

As she asked that, Minwoo started to bow. “Hi, i am No Minwoo.” He looked up, “what about you?”

YoonJi smiled, still hugging the Minnie doll. “I am Jung YoonJi,” she bowed for seconds. After that, she looked like she remembered about something so she faced Minwoo again. “Aah, i’ll have a birthday party today at 4pm. My parents said it’s just for the family. But i want you to come,” She stopped for a while then continued, “So, would you like?”

Minwoo who was exploring the whole playground with his eyes turned to her, smiled, and then answered her with no doubt.

“Sure, I’d love too, my new friend." 

o o o

 

A/N:

Here's chapter one! So how is it? Interesting? No? Okay... 

Calm down everybody, this is just the first chapter! I'll make a better one in every next chapters i promise :D

Please show me your support to this story by leaving a comment or clicking on "Subscribe to story". I'll try to update the next chapter as soon as possible, Don't miss it ;)

 

 

enjoy^^