01

Amour De Ma Vie

 

 

Changmin groaned , clutching onto his head as he got out of bed with a throbbing headache. He let out an exasperated sigh when he saw visible red marks all over his back from last night’s  activity.

“Baby..?” a woman sat up slightly from the bed, the covers doing very little to cover her bare body.

Changmin had his back facing her as he shrugged on his shirt. “You better be gone by the time I get back. I do not wish to see you or call you, not today, not tomorrow, not ever.” The dark haired man stated coldly, buttoning the first few buttons of his shirt.

The model’s jaw dropped, unable to find her words. For what she thought was a magical night, was just another one-night stand.

                                                                                                             

“I thought you loved me.”

 

Changmin scoffed, a mocking grin plastered on his handsome face. Love, that word sounded so pathetic yet so bitter to him. It didn’t exist. At least for him it didn’t. To him it was just another trend people use to express how much they need each other when they actually don’t. Besides, to him, love was just another express train to heartbreaks and rejection.

 


 

“Damn you , Yunho.” Changmin cursed under his breath, stepping up on his speed as he rushed to the hospital.

If it wasn’t for BoA, who called earlier this morning to inform him that his best friend was admitted to the hospital from a car accident, Changmin would’ve went straight to work without even knowing what happened.

 

Just because he’s cold and ignorant, doesn’t mean he doesn’t care.

With his hands balled up into a fist, he barges into the room, ready to pummel the older man .


 

“Changmin, Im fine.” Yunho spoke, struggling with his straw.

Changmin sighed before helping him.  “You have 3 fractures in your rib, a broken leg, a wounded arm, a beautifully sculpted bruised face and possibly a concussion.” He mocked. “Yeah, hyung. You’re perfectly fine.”

Despite having major difficulties of moving even the slightest inch, Yunho still managed to smile eventhough he felt like a truck load of bricks just hit him right in the face. Besides, its not everyday you see this side of Shim Changmin. There were only two people Changmin would allow seeing this side of him; Yunho and BoA. He and Yunho were practically brothers, no use hiding it . BoA on the other hand, was Yunho's girlfriend. She made him happy and Changmin couldn't ask for more.

 

Changmin masagged his temple before standing up. "Im going to get myself a soda. You want one?" 

The older man kept his sights glued onto the tv. "Nope." he spoke, popping the 'p'. 

 

Changmin shook his head in disbelief , taking his turn out the door and walked towards the nearest vending machine.

He shoved a hand down his pocket while his other hand flipped a coin, mindlessly humming to a random song that popped into his head.

"!" 

Changmin flinched, accidentally dropping the coin on the ground. What the--

He stood there, watching a tall brunette; from what he assumed was a patient, violently kicking and punching the vending machine in rage, practically scaring the other patients. "You stupid god forsaken machine! You ate my last coin! Give it back!" she yelled, giving the machine one last kick.

Her long chestnut brown hair covered most of her face, but he could make up that she wasn't lacking much on the beauty department. A smirk glazed upon his lips with one thought and one thought only. A new target.

 

"Miss?" his voice smooth like honey that could easily melt any girl's heart. 

He heard her sigh in frustration before turning her head towards him. And at that moment, he swore he felt his heart skip a beat. She had the most adorable doe eyes, pink plump lips and rosy cheeks. Her long chestnut hair cascaded beautifully just down below her shoulders. And not to mention those long endless legs that seemed to go on forever. "What?" her voice snapped him out of his trance and brought him back to reality. And for the first time ever, he couldn't find the right words to say. "H-here." For the life of me, did I just stutter? He handed her a coin, unconciously flushing 50 shades brighter when his hands brushed hers. 

 

She stared at it for a few seconds before looking up at him with the brightest smile he'd ever seen. "Gee, Thanks!" the brunette beamed, almost immidiately turning back towards the vending machine to buy her drink. It was almost as if she forgot about his presence. And for a girl to ignore the presence of someone like Shim Changmin, was big, really big. And it has never occured to him that it would happen.

He cleared his throat, leaning against the machine as she clapped in glee when the machine proceeded to drop her drink. "So, what's your name?"

"Sooyoung." she stated, paying more attention on her drink than the man in front of her. "Yours?"

He reached out a hand for a shake, "Changmin, Shim Changmin."

And to his relief, she accepted his handshake and the touch made him go insane. "Nice to meet you, Changmin. Thanks again for the coin, Bye!" she beamed before skipping off, just like that.

His jaw dropped, his hand still floating in the air. She did not just..ugh


 

Changmin went back to Yunho's room with a dejected expression before slumping down onto a cushioned chair.

"You were gone for quite a while." Yunho spoke, after swallowing the congee BoA fed him. "Where'd you go?"

"Nowhere." he sighed, closing his eyes shut.

"No cute girls around?" BoA asked, feeding Yunho another spoonful before turning her head towards him.

BoA creased a brow before exchanging Yunho a look when they both had caught Changmin staring right into thin air, busy with his own thoughts.

"Changmin?"

The younger man snapped out of it. "Yeah?"

It was Yunho's turn to be concerned. "You okay min?" 

"Im fine." Changmin reassured them, flashing them a smile to convince them that there was nothing wrong. 

 

Yunho and BoA exchanged another look before the woman of the two recieved a nodd from her boyfriend and the woman took a seat right next to Changmin. "Changmin, You know you can tell us anything.We would respect your choices and support you throughout." She flashed him a gentle sweet smile and for some reason, Changmin was slightly creeped out. 

He raised a brow. "What are you talking about? Im fine." 

BoA seemed impatient and she looked as if she wanted answers right away. "No you're not. You're obviously thinking about something and that something is clearly bothering you. Just tell us!" 

"Alright! Alright! " Changmin surrendered, both hands up in the air. "Its..Its a girl."

 

Changmin observed both Yunho and BoA's expression and they looked clearly suprised as if that wasnt what they were expecting. Only an 'Oh' escaped BoA's lips when she retreated back to her seat with Yunho.

"Why? What did you guys think i was going to say?" Changmin furrowed his eyebrows before BoA snorted on Yunho's shoulder and Yunho soon joining in the laughter. "Pfft, I-im sorry Min. W-we thought you were gay." Yunho managed to spurt out in between his snorts.

The dark haired man had his eyes wide with the most priceless expression that made it even funnier. "I AM NOT GAY! WHAT THE HELL?!" 

"Well you can't really blame us , you've been bringing less girls back to your place and it has been 6 hours since you got here and I dont see any hot nurses screaming that the almightly son of a gun, Shim Changmin had touched them. And dude, your pants are really tight." Yunho laughed, BoA seen behind him, muffling her laughter with her hand. 

 

Changmin slumped back on his chair, pouting even. 

"So who's this girl you were talking about hm?" BoA asked, interested to what answer Changmin might have. "What's she like?"

"Im not so sure myself." A smile unconciously made its way past his lips as he thought about her. "She's different."

 

The couple could not help but notice the way Changmin acted when he talked about her. He was right ; Love did make someone look pathetic.

He was about to tell them more when BoA cut him off with something he did not expect to hear , "Awwww, Minnie, you're inlove~" the older woman sang, clutching her hands together before sighing dreamily.

"Am not!" he said, denying it like a five year old child.

Yunho chuckled "You were practically acting like a hormonal teenage girl the whole time you were talking about her. Trust me, you're inlove."

The younger man sighed.

No .