The First Christmas

We got married...really

Flashback

Christmas 1998

“Honey, are you ready? We’re going to be late for the Christmas play. Hurry up! Its our son’s first performance... he’s going to grow up to be such a star,” proclaimed Mrs Horvejkul in an overtone.

“One minute dear, I’m trying to figure out what we’re going to tell Nichkhun,”

“Tell him... its parents only or that there were only two tickets left... just anything. Im growing impatient here!” shouted Mrs Horvejkul.

And with the last order, Mr Horvejkul got up and went into the living room, where Nichkhun was sat playing with his torn brown teddy bear for the final time as he had asked for a remote control car this Christmas as part of his growing up stage.

“Nichkhun, me and your mother are going to see Dongwoon’s play now,” said his father. “Unfortunately, we cant take you so you be a good boy and stay at home for father yes.”

Nichkhun not really understanding, nodded his head in response. But there was one thing he definitely understood and that was Christmas was a time to be cherished with family. So that night, Nichkhun waited by the Christmas tree for his parents and his brother to arrive back home; as much as Nichkhun was eager and desperate to open his presents...he wanted to open them with his family. Nichkhun didn’t know what time he had fallen asleep, he was tired of waiting and the next morning, Nichkhun walked downstairs with his torn bear to the sight of his parents and Dongwoon happily enjoying their open gifts. He also learned that day that Dongwoon was such a star in the performance, his parents had taken Dongwoon out for a treat at the theme park and didn’t return home until it was very late.

Flashback

Christmas 2003

Nichkhun had spent Christmas morning in bed, suffering from cold and flu. He could smell some beautiful cooking from downstairs and was determined to make it downstairs to enjoy Christmas dinner. Nichkhun toppled out of bed and walked downstairs,

“Good morning,” he said but there was no answer from his family. Dongwoon and his mother were too busily putting on their coats and shoes then Nichkhun looked across at his father who had spotted Nichkhun. His father quickly hopped out of his seat and went to speak to his mother.

“Did you tell Nichkhun?” asked Mr Horvejkul to his wife.

“No,” she replied.

“So we were just going to leave without saying anything?”

“Yes,”

“You’re terrible dear. Have you told your sister yet?”                                                                                       

“Not yet.”

“And were just going to hide Nichkhun away forever...?”

“Look the rest of my family aren’t ready to know yet... will you just make something up please?”

That day, Nichkhun learnt that he wasn’t allowed to visit his exterior family...meet his auntie and uncle, play with his cousins because if he gave his aunt the flu, she could seriously be ill.

Christmas 2010

The newlyweds were eating their breakfast prior to their schedule. Yoona had a ‘Come to play SNSD special recording’ whilst Nichkhun had the ‘JYP Nation’ concert. Nichkhun was a little disappointed today that Yoona was wearing clothes but he continued to stare at her beautiful essence.

“Is there something wrong?” questioned Yoona whilst chomping on her cereal.

Nichkhun snapped out and said, “Yeah, you just spat cereal everywhere. Are you a woman or a beast?”

Yoona squeezed her eyes and shot him a death glare, it was a trademark look for her when it came to Nichkhun, none of the pretty smiles that flaunted her white glistening teeth, the angelic face that always was broadcasted; none of that, Nichkhun just got evils. Yoona slammed her bowl onto the table and left, but before leaving she took another spoonful of cereal.

“Fatty,” commented Nichkhun. Yoona heard this remark from Nichkhun and spat out the chewed cereal in , painting Nichkhun’s just washed face with bits of cereal flakes and milk.

***

The concert had finished a bit later than expected, Nichkhun was tired yet excited to see what Yoona had prepared for him for Christmas, girls were always good at this stuff and as Nichkhun opened the car door, he could hear Christmas music coming from their house and through the windows he could see a faint red outline of Yoona. Nichkhun unlocked the door and entered,

“Honey I’m home, mhmmmm what is that smell?”

There was no response so Nichkhun followed the scent into the kitchen where he found Yoona in a y and short Mrs Claus outfit singing aloud to Santa Baby whilst preparing the gravy for their turkey later.

“Oh honey, youre back,” she smiled then returned to test the gravy. She dipped her little finger into the pot and walked over to Nichkhun. “Here try this.”

Nichkhun ate from her finger,

“So what do you think?”

Nichkhun his lips which made Yoona smile with glee, delighted that her gravy had turned out well. Although, the gravy was good, Nichkhun his lips because he had this burning desire to kiss Yoona’s glossy lips.

***

“Excuse me sir, that will be 100 won please,” spoke the taxi driver who tapped onto the screen. The knocking had woken Nichkhun from his day dream.

“Oh sorry, here you go,” said Nichkhun handing him the money. “Merry Christmas.”

Nichkhun left the taxi with the bag full of his concert clothes; he looked into their house and saw no lights or heard any music.

She must be running late too, oh well I guess I’ll start with the decorations then

***

“Dongwoon, where are you taking me?” asked a blind folded Yoona with anticipation.

“Just keep following me okay,” said Dongwoon, holding Yoona was her hands and leading her towards the spot. Then they stopped, “Okay you can take the blindfolds off now.”

Yoona reached for her blindfolds and lifted them over her head, after shaking her hair then straightening them with her hands. She looked up...

“AAAAHHHHH!” she screamed. She had love ice skating ever since she was a tiny baby, being an ice skater was her second dream job, she wanted to be like Kim Yuna and after all their names were very similar. “How did you manage to do this?”

“Friend of a friend,” shrugged Dongwoon acting as if it didn’t take him almost 6 months prior to Christmas to arrange an empty ice skating rink. “Let’s put on a skates yeah.”

“Yeah,” smiled Yoona.

***

Time was flying by, as was Yoona and Dongwoon flying across the ice rink. They raced each other, they chased each other and they even tried to attempt some of the lifts seen in professional competition.

“Are you sure Im meant to jump up on you like that?” questioned Yoona. “I think Im the bigger ice skating fan here, and I don’t think thats right.”

“It is! Trust me,” said Dongwoon, distanced a metre away from Yoona, ushering her to hurry up. “Youre a rubbish Kim Yuna!”

“Shut up!” yelled Yoona, making the actions of a bull ready to charge with her legs. “Be ready to catch me!”

On the countdown of 3,2,1 Yoona raced across to Dongwoon and lept.

“Now, leg up, leg up, arms out arms out,” instructed Dongwoon heaving her off the ground. “Leg out, Yoona! You have too much weight on one side!”

“Im trying,” cried Yoona. “But... ouch ouch, cramp cramp cramp.”

And she could see where this was going and her face began to aim for the icy ground below.

“Argghhh,” cried Yoona, she landed flat on top of Dongwoon still with cramps in her leg, her face was squished against his chest. Moments later, she realised her position and began to giggle out loud.

“Sorry Dongwoonie!” giggled Yoona.

“Its okay, you owe me one Yoona,” smiled Dongwoon. “Dongwoon oppa is okay but Dongwoonie is not, got that?”

“Why should I could you oppa? Im older then you,” puffed Yoona.

“Because... you call everyone else oppa!”

“I don’t call Taemin oppa, I don’t call Jinwoon oppa, I don’t call Mir oppa,” argued Yoona who got off Dongwoon and sat beside him. She then watched his next moves as he sat up, opposite her and reached for his back pocket. Suddenly, Dongwoon brought out... mistletoe.

“You just happen to carry around mistletoe with you?”

“Yeah,”

Yoona gave a shocked face as Dongwoon raised it above their heads, Dongwoon looked at her, she looked at him and simultaneously they both leaned. Their lips touched and froze. It was a very first Christmas mistletoe kiss for both of them.

***

“Where have you been Yoona?” asked Nichkhun in an impatient tone.

“I went on a date with Dongwoon,” replied Yoona, casually entering the hallway, hanging up her coat.

“My brother?” questioned Nichkhun.

“What other Dongwoon do you and I both know, stupid,” said Yoona.

“Dont you get it WE’RE MARRIED NOW?!” screamed Nichkhun, letting loose, destroying the Christmas decorations he had hanged earlier. He quickly ran upstairs before the tears could let loose too. He had yet again spent another Christmas alone.

“We’re not though! Marriage is all about love, and you don’t love me and I don’t love you, therefore it isn’t a marriage!” bellowed Yoona up the stairs for Nichkhun to hear.

***

Yoona didn’t know why, perhaps because it was the festive season of Christmas but guilt had struck her bad. She felt awful, so awful that it could have made her sick. As her heart sank further, she became more confused about her feelings in this icy cold house. She was going to do something, she had to do something.

***

The tears never escaped Nichkhun’s eyes perhaps after all the cold lonely Christmases, he too had become lonely and cold. It had been an hour after their brawl, Nichkhun hadn’t of eaten dinner yet but he wasn’t hungry nor did he want to go downstairs. Nichkhun went underneath the covers, tonight she was going to sleep on the sofa.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door, Nichkhun knew it could only be one person and to be quite honest, he didn’t really want to see her but he sat up anyway and saw that she had dressed up in a Mrs Claus outfit, just as he had imagined earlier but this was cuter, he liked the cuteness bursting from her. She was carrying a tray of Christmas dinner, a plate of her and a plate for him. She laid it down on their bed...

“Im sorry, Nichkhun,” she said. “I’m a witch. I just had high expectations of what married life would be and because its not living up to my expectations. Im taking it out on you but I hate you too... because... because you’re making me so confused. I dont know where my feelings are right now but Im just so confused...”

“Will you eat Christmas dinner with me, Yoona?” interrupted Nichkhun, gesturing a seat opposite him. Yoona was stunned at his proposition but gladly accept. The meal was deliciously enjoyed by the two in a friendly warm aurora.

“Oh we’ve forgotten to pull our Christmas cracker!” cried Yoona, handing the other end to Nichkhun. Nichkhun smiled and took the other end.

“3,2,1”

The cracker cracked and inside... there was mistletoe.

“I..I..I didn’t know you could get these inside here,” uttered Yoona.

“Thats because it was an handmade Christmas cracker,” smiled Nichkhun. “Will you?”

Yoona paused, then she smiled and closed her eyes. Nichkhun leaned in towards her glossy lips and they touched. As their lips touched, the ice melted inside Nichkhun’s heart and  Yoona felt a spark that was channelled into her heart. She opened and Nichkhun’s tongue entered, their mouths roamed with each other, letting out short hot breaths every so often. The couple finished their long passionate kiss before falling asleep into each other’s arms.

 

NO PREVIEW TODAY SORRY GUYS!