02: Hiding

Black Heart 2: Black Diamond

 

CHAPTER TWO; HIDING

“The Dark One is heading towards this dimension.”

All eyes were on Hara. The same thing was going through their minds, “Who is the Dark One?”

“Another dark person?” Kai groaned in annoyance, “Why can’t they just let it go? The things they’re after for isn’t worth the fight.”

Chanyeol nods in agreement, “Yeah, it drains our energy and theirs! Why fight when you can just sleep?”

“It’s true,” Principal Lee says as he stood up from his chair, “But this time round, these girls are in grave danger.”

Right at that moment, Luhan and Kris both turned to face the two girls who were awkwardly looking at the large group in front of them. Principal Lee gestured for the two girls to stand and so they did. Both sisters fidgeted around due to the attention given to them.

“Why are they staring at us?” Jinhee thought.

Jieun chuckled and took a step forward, “Don’t mind them. They’re just a bunch of curious people.”

Jinhee blinked her eyes repeatedly; unsure of how Jieun knew what she was thinking. This time round, Baekhui walked towards the twins, “Jieun unnie, read minds.”

Jinhee nods her head in understanding.

“Hi, I’m Baekhui,” she offered a handshake to the twin in front of her, who timidly shook her hand, “Juhyun right?”

Before Juhyun was able to ask how Baekhui knew her name, Jieun pointed to her name tag, “Seo Juhyun, Year 4.”

Baekhui beamed and she began introducing all the members of EXO, “The short one there is my brother, Baekhyun, he’s in year 5. The one next to Jieun unnie is Sehun, my boyfriend. He’s in year 3 like me.”

Jieun noticed the two sisters exchanging looks with two other boys in the room whom Baekhui missed out on, “The giant over there is Kris, my ex-fiancé. The Chinese guy there is Luhan, my cousin. They’re in Year 6.”

Kris and Luhan bowed politely and the twins bowed back in respect. The four of them had no idea why they can’t seem to ignore each other’s presence. It’s like as though there’s an invincible force pulling them together.

“They’re the top students in this Academy,” Principal Lee cleared his throat, “and they will be the ones protecting you girls.”

“Where is our father?” Jinhee asked.

“He’s at another dimension, looking for help,” Hara answered.

“Okay enough chatting,” Principal Lee clapped his hands for attention, “I’ve brought all the necessary equipments. Now, bring the girls back to the human dimension. Anywhere you think that’s safe for all of you.”

Before they left for the next dimension, Mr Lee stopped them to tell them something important, “Keep them safe and guard the black diamonds. Make sure it remains on their wrist. If the Dark One or any evil forces are close, the diamond will cause them a slight pain on their wrists. When that happens, leave where you’re at and find another place to hide. We’ll drop by once we have some clues as to where the Dark One is at. No matter what happens, stay together and train together.”

“Yes sir!” The 14 of them shouted.

Kai stood near the doors and one by one, the gang picked up their own equipments and form a circle. Seeing how the two sisters weren’t budging, Luhan moved them in-between him and Lay, “Have you ever teleported?”

Juhyun shook her head, “It’s going to be a bit dizzy, but don’t worry.”

Somehow Juhyun still wasn’t comforted by Luhan’s words. Before she could even do anything, Luhan and Chanyeol grabbed hold of the two sisters’ hands and Kai teleported them to the human dimension.

--

The EXO gang were now at the human dimension. More specifically, Jieun's mansion. After Jieun enrolled into Two Moons Academy, the family moved out of this mansion and they haven't returned since. All of them explored this mansion which holds many memories for all 14 of them. As they scattered around on the house, the Seo Twins explored the huge mansion on their own.

They were amazed by how huge this mansion is and how it actually had a huge library filled with books. Juhyun knew that she has already found her favourite place in this mansion. The twins went out of the library and ventured outside, walking around the gardens which is filled with beautiful flowers which Lay had managed to revive back to its original state a while ago.

In the house, Baekhyun and Jieun were in Jieun's room, lazing around enjoying each other's company. Jieun walked to her closet and she was happy to see that her clothes were still in perfect conditions.

"Remember the time when you first got your powers?" Baekhyun asked as he stared at the ceiling reminiscing the past, "You were out for quite a while and scared everyone. We even took turns to look after you."

"Yeah, that was probably the best sleep I ever had," Jieun laughed while Baekhyun gaped.

"How can you still laugh? That was the scariest moment in my life," Baekhyun gazed at Jieun who is now lost in his beautiful eyes, "I hope we won't have to experience that again."

Jieun unknowingly nods her head and the two minimized the gap between them. Just when they were so close to kissing, the door flung open, "I've protected the house!"

Baekhyun and Jieun pulled away from each other. Baekhyun coughed awkwardly when he saw his sister, Baekhui, by the door giving them the suspicious look, "KRIS OPPA! THEY WERE DOING SKINSHIP!"

Baekhyun ran up to Baekhui and covered , "I saw what you and Sehun did by the lake. If you tell Kris hyung about this, I will tell Appa about what you did."

Baekhui nods her head and gave her brother the okay sign, "Continue what you were doing. I'm just going to find the rest."

Jieun shook her head and chuckled at the sight in front of her, "I never knew that I would be able to see this side of yours. The first time I met you, you were so grumpy! Not that you're no longer grumpy now."

"Hey what was that supposed to mean?" Before Baekhyun was able to do anything to Jieun, she abruptly stood up.

"D.O's making lunch!" She smiled sheepishly and left her boyfriend in the room. At that moment, D.O was heard shouting from kitchen, “Who wants lunch?"

"I want to help!" Jieun came running down the stairs.

"Anyone else other than Lee Jieun?" D.O shouted jokingly making Jieun hit him with a spatula.

D.O rubbed the sore area and glare at Jieun, “Kris hyung! Suho hyung! Jieun is using her powers!"

Lay came in from the back door and smacked the two with a plastic bowl, "Stop bickering! The next time it will be a metal bowl."

--

Lay helped the two with lunch and with the best cooks cooking, lunch was ready with the blink of an eye.

"Why don't you call the rest while we set the tables?" Says Lay to Jieun.

Once Jieun was out of the kitchen, D.O raised his eyebrows at Lay who simply shrugged his shoulders, "Do you really think I'm going to set up the table?"

"I thought so," D.O happily continued washing the plates, glasses and other utensils while Lay wipes them.

"Maknaes!" Lay shouted at the top of his lungs but none of them replied, "HUANG ZITAO! KIM JONGIN! OH SEHUN! BYUN BAEKHUI! COME DOWN RIGHT NOW!"

As if on cue, the four maknaes are now standing in front of Lay, "Set the tables."

The four quickly start setting up the tables and brought out the dishes cooked by Lay, D.O and Jieun. Soon most of them filled the dining room but some were still missing, "Where are the twins?"

"I can find them," says Jieun.

"I'll go look for them," Luhan stood up from his seat and walked out of the room.

He was walking to the front door when it opened abruptly, and Kris was seen standing by the door with the fraternal twins behind him.

"Lunch is ready. Come on," Luhan gestured for the three two come in and followed them to the dining room.

"Finally!" Xiu Min exclaimed.

One by one, everyone began to settle down. They each scoop some foods on their plates while in Luhan's case; he moved them to his plates.

"Luhan, use your hands before I really chop them off," says Kris sternly as he eyed Luhan.

Luhan pouted and picked up his utensils, "Yes Duizhang."

Chen who was seated next to the drinks, poured it into everyone's glasses with the help of Suho. Baekhui passed the glasses around and all of them waited till everyone has a glass of water before they start eating.

Seeing how everyone of them were hungry, Xiu Min being the oldest picked his chopsticks up first, "Dig in!"

"Thank you for the food!" All of them shouted and began digging in.

Since it was the first time they're eating with so many people, the twins ate quietly. Chanyeol noticed that they were eating much and asked if they didn't like the food, "Maybe you need more cheese!"

He sprinkled some cheese on their spaghetti and used his powers to melt the cheese, "Try it! It's nicer."

The twins exchanged glances but still tried the spaghetti. True to his words, the spaghetti was much more delicious with the added cheese.


Author's note; Sorry for the long wait!