Doubt

Doubt

 

   Kyuhyun lays atop Leeteuk’s bed, head buried in his pillows, bathing in the sweet lingering scent of his boyfriend. The two have already been dating for three months now and Kyuhyun loved every minute they shared together. Leeteuk loved and cared for Kyu more than anyone ever has before; always putting Kyuhyun’s feelings and wants before his own. He was always there to comfort him when he was down and bring a smile to his face. He did everything physically possible to make Kyu happy, to make Kyu love him. But, as happy as Kyuhyun was, as much as he liked Leeteuk, he still didn’t know if he loved him.

   Sighing deeply Kyuhyun rolls over on the bed staring blankly up at the ceiling. He felt bad that he couldn’t comprehend his own feelings, always leaving Leeteuk with the same reply whenever he told him that he loved him; “I know.” Of course, he loved the time they shared together; their heated make-out sessions, Leeteuk’s arms wrapped around him in a protective manner as they drifted off to sleep, and how Leeteuk could bring a smile to his face with the simplest of actions. He also hated it when Leeteuk wasn’t by his side, or worse, when someone else stole Leeteuk’s attention away from him. But did this mean he was in love with Leeteuk? That he still did not know.

“Sunggie put me down!” Ryeowook yells at his boyfriend who is currently carrying him over his shoulder. Gently hitting Yesung’s back and flailing his legs Ryeowook tries again to halt his boyfriend’s actions.

“Yesung put me down this instant!”

“Haha, not gonna happen Wookie.” Yesung replies as he giggles at his boyfriend’s attempts to break free of his hold. After much struggling, Ryeowook finally manages to free himself as his flailing becoming too much for Yesung.

“Meanie,” Ryeowook says while pouting at Yesung who couldn’t contain his chuckles. This just causes Ryeowook to intensify his pout, which finally seems to deter Yesung’s laughter. No longer laughing, but still with a large smile on his face, he pulls Ryeowook into a gentle hug.

“I’m sorry Wookie.” Yesung says gently before brushing Ryeowook’s hair out of his face and giving a delicate kiss to his forehead.

“Do you forgive me?” Yesung asks, gazing lovingly into the younger’s eyes. Ryeowook’s pout disappears and his eyes soften as he leans in and gives Yesung a loving kiss.

“Yes, you’re forgiven.” Ryeowook replies once he pulls away from the kiss.

“Good!” Yesung says and the two fall into a comfortable silence as they simply stand there, completely content in each other’s embrace.

“I love you!”

“I love you too Sunggie!”

   Kyuhyun smiles to himself as he watches the scene taking place in front of the open bedroom door. It was clear just how much those two loved each other, and Kyu was envious of that fact. He wanted to love Leeteuk; in fact he may already be in love with Leeteuk. But then why was it so difficult for him to convince himself of that, Kyuhyun thought. How was he ever supposed to tell Leeteuk he loves him if he can’t even understand his own feelings?

“Oh my god!” Ryeowook yells excitedly, pulling Kyuhyun out of his thoughts.

“Sunggie look what Leeteuk hyung just texted me!” Ryeowook continued excitedly. Yesung takes Ryeowook’s phone to examine the text, a smile growing on his face as he read its content.

“Isn’t it awesome? I can’t believe Leeteuk hyung is going to Japan to star in a movie.” Ryeowook says once Yesung is finished reading.

“I know, and I can’t believe that the director personally requested him. I’m so happy for him, though it will be weird having him gone for two months. He’s never left us on our own for that long.”

“That’s true. I hope he doesn’t try and leave Heechul in charge while he’s gone.”

“Me either” Yesung responds as the couple begins to once again make their way to their room.

“Gone…for two months…” Kyuhyun says to himself in utter disbelief.

   Why didn’t he tell me? Does he not think this is something we should talk about first? Or does he just want to get away from me? That must be it Kyuhyun thought to himself. He must be tired of fighting for my love. It’s my own fault I guess, Kyuhyun thought. I should have known that he would give up on me eventually, Kyuhyun thinks as tears begin to well in his eyes.

“Kyuhyun, where are you?” Donghae called out childishly as though he were playing a game of hide-and-seek. Kyuhyun didn’t bother to reply, currently too caught up in his emotions to care.

“Kyu?” Donghae continued to yell as he ran through the dorm in search for Kyuhyun.

“Kyu, come out come out where ever you are!” Donghae yells giddily, a large smile across his face, but still Kyuhyun does not respond.

“Kyuuuu, please come out and play with me.” Donghae whines as he runs down the hallway, beginning to get upset that he could not find the other. However, Donghae is quick to stop in his tracks as he sees the younger sitting quietly on Leeteuk’s bed.

“Found you!” Donghae yells excitedly as he bursts into the room, though his smile fades the moment he sees Kyuhyun’s tear stained face.

“Kyuhyun, what’s the matter?” Donghae asks as he makes his way to sit next to the other. Kyuhyun looks up at the other momentarily before quickly putting his head down in an act of sadness.

“He doesn’t love me anymore.” Kyuhyun forced out.

“What are you talking about Kyuhyun? Of course Leeteuk still loves you.”

“No he doesn’t. He’s leaving me. He’s leaving me to go to Japan.” Kyuhyun replies as he chokes back sobs, though he couldn’t stop the fresh set of tears that now spill from his eyes.

“He’s going away for work Kyuhyun. He’s not breaking up with you or anything like that.” Donghae tries to reassure him.

“But he didn’t even talk to me about it first. He obviously just wants to get away from me. He’s tired of waiting for me to return his love.” Kyu replies, not in the slightest bit convinced by Donghae’s words.

“BabyKyu, I’m home.” Leeteuk’s voice resonated throughout the dorm as he makes his way to his room. Though the sight he saw when he reached his door sent him into protective mode. He instantly raced to Kyuhyun and pulled him into his arms; Donghae taking that as his cue to leave the couple alone.

“Kyuhyun, what’s the matter baby? Please tell me what’s wrong.” Leeteuk asked in a panicked yet gentle voice but Kyuhyun just proceeded to cry harder.

“Shhh, it’s ok Kyu, I’m here. I’m here for you baby.” Leeteuk whispered in his ear softly as he the back of Kyuhyun’s head, while rocking the younger back and forth in his arms. He continued to sooth him as though he was a delicate child and, after a little while, Kyuhyun had calmed down a little bit, though he was still crying.

“I don’t want you to leave. I don’t want you to leave me, to stop loving me.” Kyuhyun whimpered.

“What are you talking about Kyuhyun? I’ll never stop loving you.”

“But you’re leaving me to go to Japan.” Kyuhyun retorts, burying his face in Leeteuk’s chest and holding him tight, afraid that he could lose him at any moment.

“You know about me going to Japan? How did you find out? I was waiting until tonight to tell you so that we could talk about it.”

“I heard Ryeowook and Yesung talking about it.” Kyuhyun mumbles into Leeteuk’s chest.

“I guess news travels fast. But Kyuhyun, why would you possibly think that I don’t love you anymore just because I have to go away for work?”

“Because, since you hadn’t talked to me about it first I thought that you were trying to get away from me. That you were tired of fighting for my love.”

“I’ll never be tired of fighting for you love Kyu and besides I already know that you love me.”

“How, I’ve never even told you that I love you yet?” Kyuhyun sniffled, pulling his head away from Leeteuk’s chest to look in the elder’s eyes.

“You don’t have to tell me that you love me for me to see that you do. I can see it in your eyes Kyu, so you don’t need to say it out loud for me to understand.” Leeteuk reply’s as he brushes away Kyuhyun’s tears and plants a kiss on the top of his head. Kyuhyun gives him a small smile and Leeteuk pulls him so that the two are now lying down together. For the next few hours the two simply cuddle, Leeteuk holding Kyu close, reminding him the he does and forever will love him.

“I’m gonna miss you while you’re gone.” Kyuhyun says with a slight frown.

“I’m gonna miss you too baby. But I promise I will call you every day.” Leeteuk responds, caressing Kyuhyun’s cheek with the back of his hand. Kyuhyun smiles, content with the others response. Slowly leaning closer Leeteuk gives Kyuhyun a passionate kiss and as he pulls away.

“I love you.”  And, for the first time since they started dating, Kyuhyun responds in turn.

“I love you too.”  He was finally able to come to terms with his feelings and give his heart to Leeteuk.