Doubt

Doubt

 

“I love you hyung”

“I love you too, Kyu” Eunhyuk replies,  gently patting Kyuhyun’s head as the younger leans his head onto the elders shoulder. Eunhyuk smiles at him and turns his attention back to the TV; Kyuhyun, on the other hand, turns his attention towards a pissed off Donghae who is standing in the entranceway of the living room.  Kyuhyun simply smirks at the other before snuggling in closer to Eunhyuk, who seems completely unaware of his now angry, but primarily jealous, boyfriend standing only a few feet away.

“You’re so cute when you act all innocent and cuddly like this, Kyu” Eunhyuk says as he drapes his arm around Kyu, holding him close. Kyuhyun’s only reply to him is an angelic smile; the smile is quickly followed by another smirk cast right at Donghae. The moment Kyu’s smirk reaches Donghae’s eyes he flees the room, no longer able to watch the scene before him. He hurries to his room and, immediately upon entering the room, he collapses on his bed, frustrated beyond belief.

“That stupid maknae!” Donghae mutters into the pillow that his face is now buried in. Donghae was normally a fun and outgoing person who loved everyone; but, when it came to Eunhyuk, he turned into a jealous, love sick puppy whenever anyone got too close. Of course, skin ship was natural between the members but, knowing Donghae’s jealously, kept skin ship with Eunhyuk to a minimum.

However, what Donghae had witnessed with Kyuhyun was no brotherly skin ship. No, Kyuhyun’s intentions were written clearly on his face and in that damn smirk of his; he was trying to steal Eunhyuk from him. While this certainly pissed Donghae off, what hurt more was the fact that Eunhyuk looked so happy and content to have Kyuhyun by his side. It’s been a long time since he’s seen Hyuk look so happy and the fact that it was not him bringing that happiness to his boyfriend bothered him. He wanted to be the one to make Eunhyuk happy, to be the one to make him smile, but instead Kyu was the one accomplishing his goal.

The whole scene was causing doubts to infect his mind, doubts of his relationship with Eunhyuk. Is Hyuk really happy with me? Does he even love me anymore? Would he rather be with Kyuhyun? Would Kyuhyun be a better match for him? Thoughts like these began to plague Donghae’s mind until he became so frustrated and confused that he fell asleep; entering a dream where all was good between him and Eunhyuk.

                Meanwhile, back in the living room, Kyuhyun was still comfortably cuddled into Eunhyuk’s side. Or, at least he was until their leader grabs his shirt and drags him off of the couch towards the kitchen. As soon as they got to the kitchen Leeteuk abruptly let go off Kyuhyun’s shirt causing him to lose his balance and fall to the cold tiled floor.

“What the hell, Kyuhyun! I told you to clean the kitchen. Does this look clean to you?!” Leeteuk yells, while pointing to the unwashed dishes and surrounding mess.

“I’m sorry hyung, I just forgot. It was because…”

“Because what, Kyuhyun? Because you were too busy cuddling with Eunhyuk all day? Is that it?” Leeteuk growls angrily.

“I’m sorry; I’ll do it right now.” Kyuhyun replies, slightly shocked by Leeteuk’s outburst.

“Yes, yes you will and I expect it to be done within the next hour.” Leeteuk says in a commanding voice before walking away and leaving the maknae to his job.

“What the hell does he have stuck up his ?” Kyuhyun mutters to himself as he watches his leader walk away. Kyuhyun proceeded to examine the dirty kitchen, which really isn’t that dirty, making him wonder even further why Leeteuk had gotten so upset. It took him no more than 20 minutes to have the kitchen sparkling, but now that he was done he needed to get back to his plan; his plan of stealing Eunhyuk.

Racing back into the living room Kyuhyun jumped onto the couch, engulfing Eunhyuk in a bone crushing hug. Eunhyuk merely smiled at the younger and hugged him back until he was satisfied. Kyu released his grip, a large pout growing on his face as he looked Eunhyuk in the eyes. Eunhyuk’s smile fades as he questions “What’s wrong Kyu?”

“I’m bored and I don’t want to sit around the dorm anymore today. Hyuk, will you take me out somewhere?” Kyuhyun asks in an innocent, yet pleading voice.

“Sure, just let me go tell Donghae that were going out. You go get ready and I’ll be back in a few minutes.” Eunhyuk says as the smile returns to his face.

Walking into his and Donghae’s shared room his eyes soften and his heart skips a beat at the sight of his precious boyfriend curled up in the bed, hugging the blankets tightly to his chest. Slowly, Eunhyuk goes over and sits on the edge of the bed, gently running his fingers through Donghae’s soft brown hair and whispering his name to coax him from his sleep. After a few attempts at saying his name, Donghae’s eyes flutter open and Eunhyuk smiles at the still half asleep man before leaning in and placing a gentle kiss on Donghae’s cheek.

“Sorry to wake you up baby,” Eunhyuk says as he sits back up, now caressing Donghae’s cheek.

“It’s ok babe. Did you need something?”

“I just wanted to let you know that I was going out for a little while.”

“And here I thought that maybe you came to cuddle with me.” Donghae says while pouting at his boyfriend.

“Awe, I’m sorry Hae baby. I promise we can cuddle as soon as I get back ok? So please stop making that face.”

“Fine, but I want a kiss before you leave.”

“Haha, sure thing babe.” Eunhyuk says as he leans in and catches Donghae’s lips between his own. Donghae wraps his arms around Eunhyuk’s neck and deepens the kiss, but, unfortunately it doesn’t last long as a shout is heard throughout the dorm.

“Hyukkie, hurry up!”

Donghae was the first to break away from the kiss, an unsettling feeling washing over him at the sound of Kyuhyun’s voice. His eyes sadden with the new found realization that Eunhyuk was leaving to go out with Kyu. His head drops and in a quiet, almost inaudible tone, Donghae asks “You’re going out with Kyuhyun?”

“Uhh, ya. He asked me to take him out cause he was bored. Are you ok Hae? You don’t look so good?”

“I’m fine. You’d better not keep Kyuhyun waiting then.” Donghae replies, refusing to meet Eunhyuk in the eyes.

“Kay, if you’re sure. But if you need anything call me, okay?”

“Okay,” Donghae replies simply. Confused by Donghae’s sudden change in attitude Eunhyuk thought it best to leave him alone, and so he left to go out with Kyu.

“Took you long enough.” Kyuhyun says jokingly as Eunhyuk meets him at the front door.

“Sorry. So, are you ready to leave?” Eunhyuk replies as he’s putting his shoes on.

“Yup!” Kyu replies enthusiastically as he grabs Eunhyuk’s hand and drags him out of the dorm, but he is quick to stop in his tracks. He quickly goes back to the front door that is now closed and opens it once again to say goodbye to Donghae.

“Bye Haehae! Don’t worry about Hyukkie; I will take extra good care of him for you.” Kyu yells through the dorm before slamming the door behind him and reclaiming Eunhyuk’s hand in his own.

“You take care of me? Shouldn’t it be the other way around Kyu? I am your hyung after all.” Eunhyuk says while chuckling at Kyuhyun’s statement.

“Only if it makes you happy to take care of me hyung.” Kyuhyun replies.

Eunhyuk ruffles Kyu’s hair and chuckles at the younger before tightening his hold on Kyu’s hand and saying “Let’s go!” as he drags Kyuhyun away from the dorms.

                With Kyu and Eunhyuk gone, Donghae and Leeteuk were the only ones left in the dorm. Everyone else was either out for the day or had schedules to attend too. Normally Donghae hated being in the dorm when it was so quiet but, just for today, he was happy that no one aside from Leeteuk was around. It gave him time to think and be alone; to ponder over everything that Kyu was doing.

He thought that Kyuhyun was his friend and so he simply couldn’t understand why he would do this to him. Also, he knew that his boyfriend could be quite oblivious at times, but how could he not see that Kyu was trying to get between them. Unless, of course, Eunhyuk did know but being with Kyu is what he wants. Tears began to run down Donghae’s face at the thought of Eunhyuk choosing Kyuhyun over him. He couldn’t stand to lose the love of his life; not now, not ever. The tears continued to stream down his face as his emotions were overwhelming him.

He was so caught up in his emotions that he failed to notice his bedroom door slowly opening. Leeteuk stepped quietly into the room, having heard Hae’s cries while walking past the door. It wasn’t until the bed shifted with an added weight that Donghae realized that Leeteuk was sitting next to him. Wrapping his arms around the other, Leeteuk pulled Donghae into his chest, the back of the younger’s head reassuringly.

“What’s the matter, Hae?” Leeteuk asks in a gentle voice

“I….can’t….lose him…Teukie….I can’t ….I can’t live without Hyukkie…by my side.” Donghae says between sobs.

“Shhh, its ok Hae. You’re not going to lose him, I promise.” Leeteuk reassured the fragile man in his arms. Just then Donghae’s cellphone began to beep, signaling that he had gotten a text. Holding back his sobs and wiping away his tears Donghae picks up his phone and reads the text message:

 

                March 20 6:20pm

                From Kyuhyun

“Look Hae, Hyukkie brought me to the amusement park! And he even won me a stuffed monkey from one of the game stalls. We’re having so much fun. Didn’t I tell you that I would take good care of him for you hyung?!.......P.S. I win…Eunhyuk will never be yours again ;}”

Attached to the message were three different pictures: one of Eunhyuk and Kyu sitting on a bench together; Kyuhyun’s head was resting on Eunhyuk’s shoulder while Eunhyuk had his arm wrapped tightly around Kyu. Clutched in Kyuhyun’s grasp was a large purple stuffed monkey. The second picture was of the two walking hand in through the amusement park. The last picture, the one that upset Donghae the most, was of Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk kissing.

                Donghae drops his phone and begins crying harder than ever. Leeteuk quickly grabbed Donghae’s phone to see what had made Donghae start crying even more. What he saw angered him beyond belief, but at the same time, he too began to feel his heart break. Things had reached a point where he could no longer deal with Kyuhyun’s little games. Still using Donghae’s phone Leeteuk dialed Eunhyuk’s phone number.

“Yobosayo”

“I want you and Kyuhyun home right the now!” Leeteuk yells through the phone, hanging up before Eunhyuk even had a chance to reply. For the next hour Leeteuk spent his time soothing Donghae as he cried his heart away.

“Leeteuk hyung, we’re home.” Eunhyuk calls out as he and Kyu enter the dorm.

Leeteuk brushed away Donghae’s tears with his thumb and gave him a reassuring kiss on the cheek before telling him to wait in the room and reminding him that everything would be ok. Donghae was in no position to argue, nor did he want to, and so he let Leeteuk leave to go talk to the ones who had caused his heart to shatter. In his place, however, Donghae grasped on of his pillows to his chest, hoping to find some sort of comfort in Leeteuk’s absence. Sadly though, it did not provide nearly as much comfort that he needed at the moment.

                Leeteuk felt bad about leaving Donghae alone, but he needed to talk to those two. Walking out to the front entrance of the dorm Leeteuk found the two taking off their shoes. Eunhyuk was the first to notice he was there, but the moment Eunhyuk saw the anger on Leeteuk’s face he knew he was better off to stay quiet than to greet his hyung. Leeteuk was not someone you wanted to mess with when he was angry. Kyuhyun understood this well, as he had been on the receiving end of Leeteuk’s anger more times than he would have liked.

Leeteuk looked at the two in disgust before pointing to the couch in the living room and simply stating “Sit down now.” He didn’t yell, but his tone was sharp and the anger was evident. Without even thinking of disobeying, the two made their way to the couch waiting to hear what Leeteuk had to say to them; Kyu, however, already had a pretty good idea what this was about.

“How could you do that to Donghae?!” Leeteuk says with venom in his voice as he sends a death glare to both of his fellow Super Junior members.

“What are you talking about Teukie? What’s wrong with Donghae?” Eunhyuk asks, confused by Leeteuk’s question. Meanwhile, Kyuhyun remained quiet, too afraid to even talk.

“Don’t act like you don’t know Hyukjae!” Leeteuk says as he shoves Donghae’s phone into Eunhyuk’s face. Eunhyuk slowly took the phone from Leeteuk’s grasp to examine its content. Once Eunhyuk saw what was on the phone his jaw dropped and he slowly turned to look at Kyuhyun.

“Kyu, why? Why, would you ever do something like this? You said you kissed me as a joke because you said you wanted to laugh at my shocked reaction and, I let loose on the whole skin ship limits because you told me that it made you miss you family less. How could you take advantage of me like this and use it to hurt Donghae?” Eunhyuk asks, now on the verge of tears.

                Leeteuk was shocked at what he had just heard and Kyuhyun was speechless. They were all quiet for a moment, both Eunhyuk and Leeteuk waiting for Kyuhyun’s explanation. “Because I love him” Kyuhyun finally says.

“What?!” Eunhyuk both asks and states, not quite sure how to feel about the sudden confession.

“Neither of you would ever understand why I did what I did, so there’s no point in explaining.” Kyuhyun replies and a hint of sadness washes over his face.

“Of course, because who could ever understand loving someone so much that you’ll hurt them just to get them to pay attention to you. To not care if they hate you, because you would rather be hated and noticed than to be ignored.” Leeteuk says with a blank expression on his face.

“Hyung.. but how did you know?” Kyuhyun asks, shocked that Leeteuk actually understood how he felt.

“I’ll give you a hint; I don’t treat you harshly because I hate you or have some sort of grudge against you Kyu.”

“You can’t mean…”

“Yes that’s exactly what I mean. I love you Cho Kyuhyun.”

“I…I…I don’t know what to say hyung…”

“First of all I think you should go apologize to Donghae first. You and I can talk later.”

“Yes, an apology would be nice.” Donghae says stepping into the living room with a stern look on his face, though you could tell that he had been crying. All three heads turned to his direction not expecting his presence at the current moment.

“How much of that did you hear?” Leeteuk asks

“Enough. Well Kyu, I’m waiting.” Donghae says expectantly.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t want to hurt you, it’s just that ever since you and Eunhyuk started dating it seemed like I didn’t exist in your life anymore. I just wanted you to notice me again.” Kyu says sincerely as tears began to roll down his cheek. Donghae walks over to the other, a slight smile on his face, and slowly he reaches up to wipe away Kyuhyun’s tears before pulling him into a hug.

“You could have just told me, you know. I promise to never ignore you again and I’m truly sorry that I can’t return you feelings, Kyu. I hope we can still be friends. I know at times that may be hard for you but you can always talk to me. I will always be by your side even if we aren’t dating.” Donghae says to the other embraced in his arms.

“Thank you.” Kyuhyun whispers into the crook of Donghae’s neck. Donghae gives a quick kiss to Kyuhyun’s forehead before slowly pulling away and smiling down at the other. Eunhyuk too gets up from the couch to walks over and places a hand on Donghae’s shoulder, signaling that they should leave Leeteuk and Kyuhyun alone. The two retreat to their bedroom hand in hand, while Leeteuk hesitantly sits down beside Kyu.

“So…” Leeteuk says to break the awkward silence growing between the two.

“So…” Kyuhyun repeats.Leeteuk sighs in his attempt to gather his thoughts, but it proves to be useless and so he decides to just go for it.

“Listen Kyuhyun, what I said earlier, that wasn’t a lie. I really do love you. I know that right now you don’t reciprocate my feelings, but would you ever consider giving me a chance? I don’t mind that you don’t love me right now, so long as you fall in love with me along the way.”

“Who ever said I’d fall in love with you along the way? What if I’m never able to love you back?” Kyuhyun retorts.

“Then I’ll just have to make sure that there’s no possible way for you to not fall in love with me.”

At that Kyuhyun smirks and replies; “I can’t guarantee anything but, I’m willing to give you a chance.”

“That’s all I’m asking for.” Leeteuk smiles before leaning in and capturing Kyu’s lips in his own. It’s a sweet and gentle kiss but all of Leeteuk’s love can be felt from the simple action.

“I love you.” Leeteuk says as he pulls away.

“I know,” Kyuhyun replies as he leans forward to kiss Leeteuk one more time. I may not be able to say ‘I love you too’ just yet Teukie, but I hope that you are able to keep your word and make me fall in love with you. When that day comes, I will definitely be able to tell you that I love you too, Kyuhyun thought to himself as he pulled Leeteuk into his embrace, both of their hearts already beginning to heal.