Confession

A Love Story

It has been two weeks since I decided to avoid Jonghyun. Until this morning, everything was alright. I had told him I was really busy and he had said nothing. We hadn’t really seen each other since, just sometimes at school. But we didn’t walk home together anymore, we didn’t talk together anymore, we didn’t laugh together anymore. Although I was the one who had decided to avoid him, I missed all these things. Yet, this morning, Jonghyun decided it was time I stopped avoiding him. I bumped into him in the hall at school. Before I could walk away, he called out to me: “Hey Minho. Long time no see.”

“Hi Hyung.”

I tried to escape but he just followed me. “Where are you going?”

“To class.” I deadpanned.

“But the bell hasn’t even rung yet!” He pouted. Please Jonghyun, don’t be so cute! How am I supposed to resist you? “Now that I think about it, exams are long over. Why don’t you come over to my house after school today?”

“Sorry. I…” Quick, find something. “I promised Yuri to study with her after school.”

“Really? But Changmin Hyung told me they had a date today.”

Stupid! Why didn’t you find a better excuse?!? “Later. Their date is later,” I said in a last attempt to save what could be saved.

“Oh. So you can come to my house later, right?” He laughed quietly. I was hesitating. If I said no, he would know something was wrong. However, if I said yes, I would spend my evening alone with him. In his room. Just the two of us. Heaven and hell at the same time. “You’re acting strange lately,” Jonghyun stated.

“Am not.” This couldn’t even convince myself.

“So, are you coming over?”

I answered before I could think. “Sure.”

“Great.” He seemed really happy. Then the bell rang. “Now you can go to class,” he said, laughing. “7 o’clock at my house. See you there.” And just like that, he left.

 

***

 

What am I doing here? I was standing in front of Jonhyun’s house. Maybe if I left now, he wouldn’t know I had been here. Before I had time to carry out my plan, Jonghyun opened the door. “Hey.” I looked at him. He was wearing a plain white T-shirt and black pants. Nothing special, yet he was so handsome. “Minho?” He was staring at me.

“Huh?”

“I said: come in my dear master.”

I laughed. “My dear master?”

“You weren’t listening to me so I got a little carried away.” We went to his room and sat down on the floor. “What do you wanna do?”

I shrugged. “Don’t know.”

“Play games?” he suggested.

“Yeah. Which one?”

“The kissing game?”

“W-Wait! What???” I shouted.

“You don’t know the fishing game?”

“The fishing game? You said the fishing game?”

“Yeah. What else would I say?” I didn’t answer. I was going crazy. How long would I stand being there? “Or we can play Mario Kart,” he added.

“Okay.” I said nothing more, I didn’t trust myself anymore.

Here we go~” he exclaimed and I laughed a little. Soon I had calmed down. We talked and laughed for hours while playing. It was easier than I thought, being with him. Of course I wanted to touch him but I was able to hold back. It was almost like before. “Can I ask you something?” Jonghyun asked suddenly. I hummed. “Why were you avoiding me?” I didn’t know how to answer but he was waiting expectantly. “I-I wasn’t avoiding you,” I finally said.

“Liar.” As I said nothing, he added: “You know, you can tell me everything.”

“Anything?” I asked to have time to find an excuse.

“Of course.” He winked at me.

“Okay. But promise me you’re not gonna get angry.” He raised his hand and said: “I promise.” We both laughed but when he stopped to stare at me, I became serious. “I-I was jealous. Of you.”

“Huh? But… Why?”

“I don’t know. I wanted to be like you, I really admire you Hyung.” I cleared my throat. “But I thought about it. It was stupid to avoid you.”

“So you’re not gonna avoid me anymore, are you?” He shyly asked.

“No.”

“Great!” As he said it, he stopped playing, then pulled me closer and hugged me tightly. Wow! My heart was beating really fast. I felt butterflies flying in my stomach. And it even got worse when he whispered in my ear: “You don’t need to be jealous. You’re really an incredible person. I admire you a lot, Minho.” He let go of me, averted his gaze and cleared his throat. “Wow! That was kind of embarrassing.”

“Yeah.” I chuckled softly.

“But Minho…” he gently lifted my head and looked into my eyes, “we’re friends, right?”

“Of course we are.” He smiled at me. I was happy to see him smile.

 

***

 

Weeks passed and every day Yuri would ask me the same question. “Have you told Jonghyun already?” And every day I would give her the same answer. “No.”

“Why not?” She would ask after. After days and days of hearing the same thing, I finally answered one day. “If I remember correctly, you never confessed to Changmin Hyung.”

“It’s not the same.” she exclaimed, “Plus, I confessed… After him.”

“So I can wait until Jonghyun Hyung confesses first, right?”

“You don’t know if he ever will,” she softly stated.

“I know. That’s the problem.” I said, defeated.

“I think you should just tell him your feelings.”

“And what if he rejects me?” I asked her.

“You will never know if you don’t try.”

“I’m not sure I wanna take the risk.” I paused. “And even if I wanted, I couldn’t do it. I wouldn’t be able to speak!”

“You just need some training.” She assured me.

“Training?” I was skeptic.

“Yeah. Try to say it.”

“Say what?” I looked curiously at her. She gave me a look that said Are you stupid? And exclaimed: “I love you. What else?”

“What? No, I don’t wanna.” I crossed my arms over my chest.

“Minho! Come on! It’s not that hard! Say it at least once: I. Love. You.”

“I love you.”

“Great! Now say: Jonghyun, I love you.”

I gave her a horrified look. “No! I can’t say it!”

“Of course you can.” She smiled reassuringly at me.

I took a deep breath. “Jonghyun… I-I love you.” I paused. “Happy?” It was really embarrassing.

“What?” I turned around to see Jonghyun staring at me. Omona! He heard me! What am I going to do?

 

 

A/N: Jonghyun heard Minho’s confession! What will he do? Will he reject him or will their love bloom? You’ll need to wait a bit to find out! ^^ Mwahahahaha! I’m evil! ^^ Just kidding! I’ll post the next chapter soon, so you’ll find out in a few hours (or rather a few days).

Oh, and thank you for your kind comments! They make me feel really happy! =)