How it all began

A Love Story

“Have you ever been in love?” My best friend asked me last month. One question. Six words. Less than ten seconds and my whole world changed. Of course, I didn’t know it at that time. I shrugged and said “No.” She looked at me, shocked, and exclaimed “Minho! Are you kidding me?!?”

“Yuri! Why would I be?!?”I mimicked her.

“Yah! Don’t you dare make fun of me!” She waited a moment, then added “I can’t believe you. Every 17-year-old boy has already been in love at least once.”

“I’m not like every teenager!”

“I know, I know!” She smiled at me. “But that’s not an excuse! You know, even Taemin has a girlfriend.” Taemin was her 15-year-old brother.

“Really? That’s good for him.” I already knew he had one because I had seen them kissing at the bus stop once but I didn’t need to tell Yuri.

“You’re not jealous?” She asked me, raising her eyebrows.

“Why would I be?”

“You know, I don’t want to seem pessimistic but if you go on like that, you’re gonna end up alone.”

“I’ll always have you,” I said, winking.

She seemed to hesitate. “Yeah, I’ll always be with you.”

I started to laugh. “Don’t make that face Yuri! I was only joking. I know you’d forget me the second Changmin Hyung would ask you out.”

She blushed. “That’s not true! And you know he doesn’t even know me!”

“Of course he knows you! Every time I see him, he asks how you are.”

“Really?” She seemed happy.

“Yeah!” I smiled at her.

“Oh!” She blushed and smiled at the same time. “But don’t you try to change the subject! We’re talking about your love life here, not mine!”

“We both know I don’t have a love life,” I answered.

She sighed. “Think about it one second. I’m sure you’ve felt love at least once. Remember when we were in Kindergarten, weren’t you all lovey-dovey with that girl, Sulli?”

“We were friends.”

“Only friends?”

“Yeah… Huh… No… She was more like…”

“Your girlfriend?” She looked full of hope.

“I was about to say my little sister. Sorry.” I smirked.

“You’re no fun!” She exclaimed.

We stayed silent for one or two minutes, then Yuri said: “Do you have your math book?”

I took it from my bag and handed it to her. “Here.”

“Thank you Minnie.”

“You’re welcome… Riri!” I gave her my most innocent smile and she threw her pillow at me. Then we did our homework and when we were finished, I got up, telling Yuri I had to go home. “Okay! See you tomorrow at school.” I waved at her and left her room. When I was at the front door, Yuri hurried down the stairs. “Wait a minute! About what we said earlier, let me ask you one last thing: have you never wanted to touch someone, even if it didn’t seem logical at all?” I stared at her and as I was about to answer, she interrupted me: “No! Don’t say anything. Just think about it.” With these words, she told me goodbye and I went home.

 

Later that night, as I was lying in my bed, I thought about what Yuri had told me. Have I ever wanted to touch someone, just touch them, without thinking? The answer was clearly no. I sighed. Was it really strange not to be in love? I didn’t think so. With that last thought, I fell asleep.

 

 

 

A/N: Hello. Here is my new story. It’s my first chaptered one. But it won’t be long, five or six chapters I think. Here’s the first one. It’s quite short, the following ones will be longer. Don’t know if it’s good. Hope you’ll like it. =) Feel free to comment.