Three: Prêt à Porter

❤Girls, Girls, Girls❤

So maybe asking Onew wasn't the best idea, thought Taemin as he walked quickly down the school's hallway. Onew was a little silly after all. But he knew who would take his feelings seriously. He knew his next hyung would listen to him no matter what the issue. He walked into the French room, knowing that's where his hyung and his girlfriend usually hung out. He knocked after opening the door with a huge smile.

"Hyung~" he sang

"Oh hi Taemin" Key said looking up from the magazine he was reading with Sam. Sam's head perked up, her brown locks bouncing with her. 

"What's up?" she asked

"I.. umm... I need to ask you something" Taemin said while looking down and rubbing his neck.

"We're kinda busy at the moment so could you--" 

Sam nudged Key in the stomach, motioning him to, as she liked to phrase it, shut the hell up. She gave him a look before turning her attention back to Taemin. 

"Sure, Tae, what is it?" 

"Um... there's this girl I like, she's called Rhea. She's new.."

"Oh, the new girl! She's quite.. um.. special. Are you sure you um.." 

"Now, now babe. Don't judge Taemin's lady love. Tell us more about her, maknae!"

"Well she.. She's just amazing and I want to get her to know me. And I want to get to know her! She's like a book in the forbidden section of the library. Like a flower that only sprouts in winter. She's so lovely, hyung!"

Sam laughed softly along with Key. Not really mockingly, but rather in amusement. "Okay, okay. We understand you, Taeminnie. So what do you need help with?"

"Well I don't know what to do to make her like me. I talked to Onew hyung and well, he said music is the way to go but it didn't work so I came here. I need help" Taemin said giving Key his best puppy look

"Did that pabo tell you to play the piano?" Key asked, growling. "He knows you can't even hold a guitar for more than 5 seconds without breaking it and he wants you to--"

"Kibum! You might hurt his feelings!" Sam warned.

"It's okay, Noona. I'm well aware of that... At least.. now I do! But I'm also positive that my feelings will most certainly get hurt if I don't get to talk to the girl of my dreams!"

Key laughed while shaking his heads, his arms crossed. "Taemin, it's easy! Look at the girls, they go shopping every day. So think about it, clothes are very important. You can’t fall behind with the trends. You need to look, prêt-à-porter!" he finished off doing an aegyo.

"Exactly, dear!" Sam nodded her head in agreement.

"Clothes?! If you think I'm bad with instruments, don't let me anywhere near clothes!" Taemin shrieked.

Sam laughed softly. "It's okay. All you have to do is go to Armani and just ask a salesgirl to help you. Everything there is absolutely fabulous!"

"Excuse me? Armani? Have you gone nuts?! Gucci is what's in. Have you seen their fall collection?" Key interrupted.

"Ew~!" Sam scrunched her nose. "So last season. We're in winter now, dear." she turned to Taemin once again. "Trust me, Taeminnie. Armani--"

"No, trust me Taemin. I am your hyung and I know what's best for you" Key said cutting Sam off once again and then smiling with pride.

"Are you implying I have no fashion sense?" Sam shrieked.

"I'm just saying maybe I have a better fashion sense than you do" Key rolled his eyes and went back to his magazine. 

That was the last straw for Sam. She snatched the magazine out of Key's hands and growled. Key looked up at her with fierce eyes and glared at her. At the same time, they both started bickering to each other, violent hand gestures flying here and there.

"I guess this is my cue to leave.. Thanks Noona! Thanks Hyung!" he bowed before leaving the room and closing the door behind him. "Pot a porty hyung said" he nodded. "I can totally do that!"

 

"The sum of all will be 1227.87 yen sir!" the cashier girl said with a perky smile.

"Kamsa.." Taemin said as he handed her the money. He took his bag then bowed. "Have a nice day" 

As he walked home, he looked at what was inside his bag and smiled. "This will definitely impress Rhea Noona!"

 

The next day, the class was sitted in Algebra, chattering as they did their work. Suddenly, the door opened and Taemin walked inside. No.. More like.. strutted inside. He stopped in front of the teacher's desk.

"I have a note from the office Mrs. Lee" Taemin said, handing her the note. He then turned to the class, who had all quieted down as soon as he walked in. Taemin was wearing a pink jumpsuit, some hand me downs underneath, crocodile shoes, and a leopard mink on top. Someone in the back of the room snorted.

"My name is Lee Taemin and I just wanted to show you all my style!" he spun around then winked at Rhea who blushed as everyone turned to her. "Do you like it Noona?"

Key and Sam exchanged a glance, even though they were sitting far away from each other. Right now they both wished they had thought this through better.

"T-Taemin I-I think y-you better go-BAHAHAHA!" the teacher couldn't hold in her laughter as she hit the desk with her fist. "Oh God, why are you wearing that?"

Taemin blushed in emberassment and ran away from the class, taking off his crocodile shoes and leopard mink on the floor on his way to the bathroom.

 

Taemin shopped in a thrift shop. Rhea also entered the school in January so there's that.