Chaos

Strange But Familiar

Waking up early is not a strong point of mine. I don't think its a strong point of anyone's to be honest.

Getting up at 4 in the morning, cranky,groggy and hungry, yet in a hurry. I turned to my bedside table and read of the list of things that i needed to do today.

  1. Go take exam
  2. Store to buy Mirim's present
  3. Don't be weird.

  Looking over the list twice , sitting up and jumping out of the bed to get the day started, surprisingly a smile on my face until I step on a plug to my phone charger and hit my arm on the corner of the dresser. Well today was going to be enjoyable.

"Gah!!" I shout holding my foot in pain. Sighing as the pain subsided I limped to the bathroom. Flicking on the light, I squint my eyes. It was a definite contrast to what it was like outside. Looking at the black matted mess atop my head I hurriedly hopped in the shower and washed it to tame it in theb est way possible. After turning off the water I reached to the left to grab a towel from the rack but of course, like anything would go as planned. No towels were there. my hand met with the cold wall. jumping from the tub frantically looking in the cabinets under the sink to look for one. Finally finding one that was a little too small for my body but decided to use anyway.

Stepping into my room once again, glancing around. Wow this place is a wreck. I made a mental note to clean up when i got home. Heading over to closet I fish out random clothes here and there. Deciding on some skinny jeans and a t-shirt. slipping on the shirt and looking in the mirror a sudden breeze blew through my body. Is there a hole in this shirt? I turned to the side and oh and behold a hole in side of the shirt I was wearing. Flinging it off my body, I opted for a simple black shirt making sure there weren't any stains or holes or anything wrong with it. It took about 15 minutes to find the match to my black converse but eventually found it. Then putting them at the end of my bed.

Finally going to brush out my hair, my brush is nowhere to be found. "Why is everything going wrong?" I whine. searching over the bathroom i find it next to where the hairdryer was. i had no time to straighten the curly mess but opted for brushing it out and putting mousse in it. Perfecting it with a pink bow at the back of my head. After brushing my teeth which toothpaste got all over my face from going to fast then mouthwash not staying in my mouth, I was done. Exiting the bathroom I get to the end of my bed where I sat my shoes are and slip them on with ease. I grab my bag off the back of my door and leave my bedroom.

 

Heading downstairs to where my friend- and the person I share the apartment with- Mirim was. I see she was already awake, cooking breakfast.

"You should be quiet when you wake up early, you know," She stated. " Anyways, good morning! I'm making eggs, bacon, and pancakes." she said with a big smile. She was always so cheerful but yet so sassy. Finishing the meal she made, Mirim handed me a plate which I dropped on the floor. Food flying everywhere. How could I just drop something like that?!

Well this is just great.

" What's going on with you this morning? First you yell in pain because of god knows what, lots of banging and slamming from your room. and now this." Mirim sighed in disbelief. I didn't want to tell her because I knew she's go on a rant on how I needed to look on the bright side and stop whining, and right now I was not in the mood for a rant.

"Its nothing." I shrugged it off. She wouldnt care anyways. She was always so relaxed and laid back. It made me jealous sometimes.

"Well," She said bending down to pick up the now broken glass plate. " How about I fix you something to take with you?"

"What do you mean 'to take with me'?"

"You have only about 30 minutes to get there." She stated in a matter-of-fact tone and pointed at the clock on the wall.

Without a single word I dashed out of the apartment. Realizing that I couldnt make it to campus on time at the rate i was walking, I clutched my bag by the strap and made a run to the crosswalk right before college campus was. Stopping at the crosswalk, cars fly past at an alarming rate. Checking my phone I had only about ten more minutes to get to that classroom. No matter how many times, or even how hard I pressed the button on the pole beside me the red hand wouldn't go away. Getting frustrated I search for another option.

As a gap between the cars came into view I made a run for it. Dashing in front of speeding cars, honking and cursing was all I could hear, but it didn't matter as I made it to the other side unharmed. I let out a silent cry of victory but the celebration did not last long since someone on a bike crashed into me. Hard.

"Sorry," He says while trying to help me up. " I didnt see you and-"

"It doesn't matter!" I shout harshly and quickly run off.

He didn't sound like he was from here... Oh, why do I care?

I keep running and make it to the classroom with only two minutes to spare.

The door closes as I take seat.

"You may begin your tests." The professor says.

 

Mission : Accomplished

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I know its not that great right now but i promise i will make it better if i can.