Dorky Father and a Mutant for a Sister

Stepping Stones

 

We were allowed to go home and pack our things good for two weeks. Its kinda easy for us to tell our folks we’re going on vacation. It’s the perks of being rich.

“Dad! I’m gonna spend 2 weeks vacation, ok? Don’t worry, the company I’ll be working with will send you the notice.” I called from my room.

“Huh? But I’ll miss you” he went in my room without knocking again.

“I won’t.” Joy went in too. Geez, what’s wrong with knocking? Oh, I guess door’s open.

“Daaaad!” For a mafia boss, he’s kinda dorky.

“C’mon. And where have you been these past days?” he gave me a questioning look.

“Oh you know, the usual.” I answered without hesitation.

“Carmel, Toni, Eireen, Emcee.” Joy wasn’t asking, but rather, stating a fact. What is this? A quiz? Are you kidding me?

“Oh. And don’t forget Aliette, Princess, and the Shin Twins.” He added pointedly to her.

Ugh. These two. Hey, what can I do? But still, I love ‘em. (:

“Okay, so where are you going this time?”

“Uhm. Hawaii? I already reserved a hotel there.”

“Which one?” Joy asked me.

“Uhm. Pearl Seas?” I haven’t been in Hawaii before, how should I know? :/

“Are you stating? Or asking? And oh, btw, there’s no such resort in Hawaii as Pearl Seas. Not unless you built one since I last logged in the computer, which was about 10 minutes ago. I only know of Birds of Paradise.” With that, she laughed.

“Okay, okay. You got me.” Oooh. I hate it when she does that. >.< Lee Jae Ri! Oh, did I mention that my sister’s a freakin’ 12 year-old weapon genius? I really don’t know if she’s a mutant or something like that.

“So where are you going exactly?” dad drank his wine again and I told them the story (but it’s a crime to not tell everything, right? (:)

“I told you she’s gonna tell. Now pay up dad! Bwahaha (:<”

“I was hoping you’d keep it a secret.” He sighed.

“Whaaat? You knew? You made a bet? I hate youuuuuuu!” these freaking people never fail to know what I’m up to. Why can’t I go around freely without them ever knowing what I’m planning to do next? Okay, now I’m frustrated. :\

“I knew you’d come around, sis.” I hate that evil grin of hers. Dieeeee Joy! Dieeee!

“See, although you were a Mafia boss’ daughter, you were never the type to go out and do what we do. When you go out, it’s all girly, and whatnot, dancing, and cyber stuffs. Joy does that, except maybe the girly things, but she also likes to battle. That’s the difference between you two. Plus! She’s only 12!”

“And the point is…?”

“You now have the chance to do that! I’m so proud of you!” he screamed and lifted me, hugging me like there’s no tomorrow. Geez. Cheesy much? But wait, how the hell did they know?

“How the hell did you know about this?” I said as I shot a death glare at my sister.

“You’ll find out soon enough.” Uh-oh. Evil smile. What is she up to this time?

“Hey, where do you think these companies get their fancy gadgets and teachers?” he winked at me and added, “Now go get ready. You’ll still travel.” They said with a wink and closed my door.

I finished packing my things and went straight to the garage. Hmm. What car to take? I thought for a second and picked out the bright blue Viper my mom gave to me as a graduation gift. I bet she saw it in Aliette’s company. Huh. It’ll do for the mean time.

 

~

 

Okay. So its 8:15 and I’m still stuck in the middle of traffic right in the heart of Seoul. Ugh. Irritating much? And I am L.A.T.E! What will Mr. Lee think of me? That I’m not capable of doing music videos ‘cause maybe I’ll arrive in the scene when it’s done? That I cannot do shows with them ‘cause I’ll probably go on the stage in the middle of the performance? Oh. Eotteokhe? Eotteokhe? Eotteokhe? I’m on the verge of killing someone right now if they won’t FREAKIN’ BUDGE! Wow. It seems that they all read my mind and started moving. Thank you power of mind! :D

 

~

 

Soo Man’s POV

“From what I can see, they’re doing a lot of improvement. But there’s always room for more. I’m giving them 3 years to finish all preparations. I say that would be enough time.” I told the newly hired manager for these kids. Although a lot of people underestimated her, I believe that she knows best. But sometimes, she can go a little bit overboard.

“No, Mr. Lee. I say that they’re ready in 3 months. Wait, scratch that. 3 weeks tops.”

And this is one of those times.

“ARE YOU CRAZY?! No one in the history of Kpop ever debuted after 2 months of being a trainee. Heck, they aren’t even complete yet! 2 more will be added in the meeting today! 3 weeks! That isn’t even enough for polishing, shopping, recording and MV! Not to mention promotions.” Aish. This kid is crazy.

“I told you, they’re ready. But we won’t let them debut all at once. And we’ll still group them.”

I honestly don’t know what to do with this hardheaded manager. :/

 



 

who do you think the manager is? :P subscribe, comment and oh, spread! :3