3rd Brick: House Hunting

Rebuilding a life

[EDITED]

Hello there! I'm sorry for being late, I thought I have posted this chapter so long agoooo, but here I am!! I'm finishing chapter 5 and so I will update soon.

Your comments are my food... LOVE YOU !!!

 

 

 

3rd Brick: House Hunting

“Wow!” Junjin sat down again, still dazed by her. “Just wow!”

“A cutie, isn’t she?” Minwoo looked at them, sipping from his tea.

“She’s gorgeous” Hyesung whispered still looking the place she disappeared just a moment ago.

“Something’s telling me that this is just the beginning” Dongwan gave them a significant look.

“She’s totally something else, that’s for sure” Eric contributed too and nudged Hyesung to gain his attention.

“I’m sure we’ll see her more than we expect” Dongwan said again and stood up. “I’m leaving first. See you!”

“Wait Dongwan-hyung, I’ll go with you!” Junjin said goodbye to his friends and left.

Minwoo, Eric and Hyesung remained at the café.

“What do you think?” Minwoo asked to Eric, who shrugged.

“She’s cute, but she’s not my type” He said, “I mean, I like her but more like a female friend material. But I bet she caught someone’s eyes” Eric gave Minwoo a signal to look at Hyesung, who seemed pondering something.

“Mwo?” Hyesung asked defensively when his friends looked at him.

“Nothing, we’re just saying that apart from you, Jinnie seemed interested in Mia” Minwoo answered as if it was the most normal thing to do.

“And you, Minwoo?” Hyesung approached his main dancer.

“She’s bright, smart and pretty. What’s there not to like?” Minwoo chuckled. “But I’m not going to fight over her. I have a hunch that she doesn’t want a relationship right now.”

“You too?” Eric sighed relieved. “She’s cheerful and all, but as if she’s hiding something.”

Minwoo nodded in agreement. After a couple of minutes Minwoo left the place, while Eric and Hyesung went back to their apartments together since they lived in the same building.

 

“Are you sure you’re going to be okay here, Mia?” Andy asked her for the nth time.

“Brother, please, I’m almost 29!” She rolled her eyes again.

“What are you going to do tomorrow?” He asked apprehensive.

“I have an appointment with a real estate agent and probably I’ll go looking for a mobile” she said once she got out his car.

“Alone?”

“Andy! Stop it!” She said laughing. “I’m self-dependent, and the language is not a barrier.”

“I’m just worried, princess, since is your first time here” He sighed. “But you’re right, I’m being overprotective” Mia patted his hair with a cute smile on her face.

“Good boy~” she grinned and he realized he couldn’t get mad.

Andy took out his own cellphone and handed to her. “Here, take this for tomorrow.”

“But it’s yours!” She refused.

“I have another at home, this one is my personal” Andy said and smiled. “I’ll call you tomorrow at noon so we can have lunch, ok? If you need anything press 2 and the green button.”

She raised an eyebrow. “I know how to use a cellphone, bro” she shoved her tongue playful. “Good night, Andy” she hugged him again.

“Good night, princess.

 

Next morning the insistent sound of a song woke the princess up. She covered her face with the pillow but the song kept playing over and over. She moved from her position and reached for the mobile at her side, below the other pillow; with half eye open she didn’t hesitate to press the “answer” button and almost growled to the mobile.

“Yeah?”

“Andy?” It was a man, but she couldn’t guess who he was. Mia turned over her left side hiding from the sun.

“No, Sleeping Beauty. Who’s this?” She answered automatically in english still half asleep but smiled.

“Well Sleeping Beauty, I’m Prince Charming” the other party said in english and she heard him giggling. Mia blinked confused and looked at the display: 정필교. A bridge? No, wrong. Jung Pilgyo. Steve Jung.

“Damn you, Little Prince!” She mumbled before sitting on her bed trying to get rid of the sleepiness. She placed the phone on her ear again. “Hello?” She switched to korean.

“Well, good morning, Sleeping Beauty” he .

“Don’t mess with me this early in the morning, Steve” she whined. “Were you looking for Andy? He lent me his phone for today.”

“Why?”

“Because I’m cute and he loves me” she pouted and chuckled. “He wanted me to be reachable because I’ll look for an apartment and I don’t have a mobile.”

“Yah~, our maknae is pretty overprotective” he sang. “Anyway, I have nothing to do today, may I join you? I bet you don’t know the city…”

Mia rubbed the bridge of her nose. He was right. “Ok. What time is it?”

“Nine and twenty-seven am” Hyesung heard her stomping over something and a low curse. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, sorry… I have a meeting with a real estate agent in… less than thirty minutes. I won’t make it” She complained. “Stupid jet lag!”

“Calm down. Where hotel are you at? I’ll go and pick you up and we’ll make it” Hyesung offered, and listened like water was running. “Mia?”

“Yeah! Sorry!” She was about to enter the shower without hanging up with him. “I need to take a shower as fast as I can. I’ll text you the address! See you!”

Hyesung received the information and grabbed his car keys, grinning. Oh, this was going to be a good day. He drove to her hotel and parked his car outside, he was about to enter the crystal doors when a woman with dark-blue jeans, white t-shirt and a black blazer came to his encounter. Her hair was braided at the back of her head; she wore sunglasses over her head.

“Good morning!” She sang and waved her hand.

“Morning, Sleeping Beauty!”

“You’re not gonna drop it, are you?” Mia asked Hyesung who shook his head denying. “Well then, Little Prince Charming, let’s go! I’m gonna be late!”

Mia grabbed his right wrist and dragged him out the lobby. Then, he took the lead and brought her into his car; after a quick discussion about the place they were going Hyesung started his engine. During the short trip they chatted; Hyesung was surprised of himself because usually he couldn’t connect with a girl immediately, actually, he was kind of afraid before because he wasn’t sure if he could have a real talk with Mia. But now, he was amused at how relaxed and comfortable he was around her; even when he knew her from yesterday.

When they got into the real estate office, Mia was welcomed by a young man who immediately started his speech in english. She smiled and answered in korean just to make him feel comfortable. He showed many places during the rest of the morning and a couple of hours later, after going back and forth around the city looking for apartments, Mia bade goodbye to Lee Taeji, the real estate agent, with the promise to call each other in a couple of days to choose the best option.

“Steeeve~” she suddenly called when they were on his car and Hyesung startled with her voice. “I’m starving!”

He chuckled. “Didn’t you say Andy will call you?”

“But he hasn’t!” She whined. “And I didn’t get any breakfast because I was late…” her mobile rang abruptly. “Ah! Speaking of the devil!” She gurgled and answered, “Hello~!”

“Hey princess, are you done?” Andy asked contented. “How was the house hunting?”

“Well, I couldn’t decide, even when Steve came with me…”

“Mwo? Is Hyesung-hyung with you?” Andy couldn’t believe his ears.

“Yeah, he called you earlier, but I have your phone so, here we are!” Mia drew a cute smile. “Is it wrong?”

“Oh, no! No, no! It’s perfectly fine, princess” Andy said and sighed. “Could you turn on the speakers?” Mia did what she was told. “Hyung! Where are you going?”

“Your sister is starving, so why don’t we meet for lunch?” Hyesung answered.

“Okay! Let’s go to Minbongie-hyung’s restaurant!” Andy suggested.

“Ara~! See you later then!” Hyesung hung up and returned the mobile to the girl. “Surely, you’ll love Minbong’s place.”

“So, what are we waiting for?” Mia cooed. “And meanwhile, let’s review my choices again, ok?”

It was a thirty minutes trip, enough time to review her options with the man driving. She wanted a middle size apartment, with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths, just in case someone would like to crash at her place. Suddenly, the car stopped and Hyesung told the girl they had arrived; the man opened her door and tended his hand to help her out the car. Just then, Andy approached them.

“You’re here!” The maknae said. “Minwoo-hyung is inside!”

When they went inside the place, Mia looked around the decorations and the furniture; she loved it just as Hyesung had told her before. Minwoo welcomed them, joyful as ever. His big grin and cat eyes made him look younger and cheerful. Just when they sat down, the main dancer told them that the rest of the members were on their way. Half an hour later Junjin and Eric entered the place, and a few minutes later Dongwan did it too. They started chatting about their day and unexpectedly, Minwoo shouted excited.

“Yah! Let’s go party this weekend!” Minwoo looked really enthusiastic. “What do you think, Mia?”

“Did you mean party?” Mia grinned brightly. “Call!”

“Party girl!” Minwoo said, grinning. “I like her even more, Andy-ah!”

“You’re gonna regret that, Minwoo-hyung” Andy exchanged a glance with Mia, who giggled.

“But…, can it be next weekend? I need to move and settle things here with the embassy,” she asked.

“Don’t worry, we will wait,” Dongwan intervened. “So, tell us about the places you saw today! Are there any that icked up your interest?”

They began the discussion listening to Mia while she explained her three best options. Against all odds, the six members of Shinhwa seemed interested in the places Mia told them about, so they helped her out to figure which apartment was the best. Finally, she chose the option everyone agreed on, an apartment near Andy’s place, just in case. After their meal, everyone separated their own ways; just Andy, Minwoo, Hyesung and Mia stayed behind at the restaurant.

“So, what’s next on the schedule for today?” Andy said.

“I guess the mall…” Mia smiled to her brother.

“Why?” Minwoo asked then.

“I need to buy a mobile phone, so I guess Prince Charming here will take me there” Mia showed him her puppy eyes and pouty lips, and Hyesung melted instantly.

Minwoo and Andy chuckled at the view of their main vocalist sighing defeated. “Admit it. You can’t say no to that kind of face, Sungie-ah” Minwoo ruffled his hair and Hyesung whined.

“No one can say no to my baby sister” Andy showed all his teeth to the girl who grinned instantly.

“You’re damn right,” Sungie rolled his eyes. “Let’s go then. I don’t have plans anyway.”

“Okay!” Mia jumped from her seat. “It was wonderful, Minwoo! Your place is awesome.”

“It’s nothing big, Pretty Girl” he winked. “Once again, if you need help just call me ok?” Minwoo kissed both her cheeks.

“I'll take your word!” Mia giggled. “You and I must go shopping! I heard you're the fashionable one.”

“Of course! Call me tomorrow!”

“Yah! Who am I to you, disgraceful sister?” Andy pouted and Mia gave him a big hug and pecked his forehead.

“Spoiled,” Mia grinned.

“Just because it’s you, princess” Andy smirked too and gave her a kiss on her cheek. “I’ll call you later, ok?”

“Yes!” Mia answered with a child-like tone.

They bade goodbye to each other and Hyesung drove her to the nearest mall in order to buy her mobile. The couple went inside the place and walked around a little separated one from another just in case someone recognized Hyesung. Though, he was covering with a cap and sunglasses. After the mall, Hyesung and Mia went to a park near her hotel and he bought two cups of coffee. Both walked next to each other enjoying the rest of the evening between a light chat about the new apartment and other stuff.

Mia knew he was having a hard time being around her because she was the opposite of him.

“I'm sorry you had to babysit me today” she said once they walked to her hotel. Hyesung blinked curious. “I know you like to spend your days off at home” she explained, “and I dragged you out from your comfort zone.”

“Oh, that. Nah, you don't have to say sorry” Hyesung smiled at her. “Actually, I enjoyed the day. It was different. Maybe I need this kind of days every once in a while.”

“Oh! Then, I'll annoy you even more!” She gurgled happy.

“Give me your phone…” Hyesung stretched his hand and Mia handed him her mobile. He unblocked it and started clicking some numbers until his phone rang. “There…” He handed it back and reached for his phone. “Now, I have your number and you have mine.”

Mia smiled and saved his number. “Thanks!” She said.

Good night, Sleeping Beauty” Hyesung approached her and kissed her cheek. Mia threw her arms around his shoulders to give him a brief hug.

“Good night, Little Prince!” Mia gave him a kiss and waved her hand while entering the lobby.

Hyesung just stood there, in the middle of the cold wind feeling a tiny spark of affection towards her.